New year, new Jane!

I made the mistake of making the all bran chocolate cake today. The cake broke up as I tried to get it on the plate and before I knew it I started chomping on the odd bits and kept going back for more. I am ashamed to say that I have probably eaten at least 10 1/2 syns worth:eek::eek: Unfortunatly my husband doesn't like it. Anyway onto the rest of my day.

B - Weetabix x 2, pear and mullerlight.

S - Mandarin x2

L - Baked potato and baked beans

Big snack - Chocolate cake= ?101/2 syns

D - Roast beef, sw roast potato, mash, carrotts, leek, peas and brocolli, gravy(2syns)

Sula vanilla mints x 4= 1syn
Alpen light bar= 3syns

Total syns approx= 16 1/2:eek:

I need to put on last few days diaries. Lost 0.5lb:( my fault, as I scoffed the best part of the chocalate all bran cake on Sunday and have had less exercise than usual.

Mon

B - weetabix x2, apple and mullerlight

S - apple and mandarin

L - Savoury rice, peas, leeks and chicken

S - apple and mandarin

D - Baked potato and baked beans
Pear and mullerlight

Syns - Sugar free mints - 2 syns
Rest of chocalate all bran cake - ?6syns
Total syns = 8

Tues

B - weetabix x2, pear and mullerlight

S - apple and mandarin

L - Baked potato and chickpea dhal

S - apple and mandarin

D - savoury rice, chicken, onions, peas and home made tomato sauce
Mullerlight and pear

Syns - Sugar free mints = 2 syns
Alpen light bar x2 = 6syns

Total syns = 8syns

New start today, as I am weighing weekly at home in the morning instead of in the evening I have changed my weight to day readings. If that makes sense! I am also going to weigh on a Wednesday morning and feel that I need to set myself a goal for Christmas.I am also going to start a new format for my diary (thanks Emily)
I am feeling more positive today and I can't say how much I appreciate this forum and all those who have encouraged me along the way.X

Weekly Food Diary

Wednesday 03/11/10

B-Weetabix x2,pear & mullerlight​

S-Apple & mandarin​

L-Chicken breast, savoury rice, onions, peas and home made tomato sauce​

S- Apple & mandarin​

D- Potato, savoury mince(2 syns) carrots, peas, brocolli and leeks
Mullerlight & pear​

Syns - Alpen light bar = 3syns

Total syns = 5

Thursday 4/11/10

B-Weetabix x2, pear & mullerlight​

S-Apple and satsuma​

L-Potato, savoury mince (2syns) peas and carrots​

S-Apple and satsuma​

D-Bean chilli, pasta, peas and tomato
Mullerlight and pear​

Sula vanilla mintsx4=1syn
Alpen light =3syns
Total syns = 6

Friday 5/11/10

B-Weetabix x2, mullerlight & pear​

S-Apple​

L-Pasta and quorn chunks in tomato sauce, peas​

S-Apple & mandarin​

D-Brown rice, SW bombay potatoes & sw chicken curry.
Mullerlight and plums​

4 Sula vanilla mints= 1syn
Planned Vodka+diet coke x2=12 syns

Total syns=13

Saturday 6/11/10

B- Weetabix x1, plum and pear​

S-Mandarin​

L- Homemade vegetable soup + 2 scan bran, chicken breast​

S-Mullerlight yogurt​

D- SW chips, 2 eggs, baked beans and tomatoes​

Sula vanilla mints = 1 syn
Double vodka & diet coke = 12 syns

Total syns=13

Sunday 7/11/10

B-Weetabix x2, mullerlight & plum​

S-Peach​

L-Baked potato, baked beans & tomatoes​

S-Plumsx2​

D-Beef stew (? sauce 2 syns), cauliflower, carrots, swede, onions, peas and potato
Mullerlight and strawberries​

4x sula vanilla mints=1syn
Alpen light bar=3syns

Total syns=6

Monday 8/11/10

B- Weetabix x2, mullerlight & pear​

S-Apple and mandarin​

L-Potatoe, carrots, peasand chickpea dhal​

S-Apple and mandarin​

D-Chicken curry, brown rice and peas​

Total syns=

Tuesday 9/11/10

B-​

S-​

L-​

S-​

D-​

Total syns=

Last edited:
I still feel really positive today. We still have loads of stress at the moment that we are unable to control but at least I feel that I am in control of something if I can stick to the SW plan. I am so glad that it is Friday! Hope everyone has a good weekend. X

Did my usual thing and hopped on the scales - big mistake as they wern't very nice to me:( I know that our weight fluctuates throughout the week but I just can't stop myself.
Anyway will try to forget what I have just seen and try to burn a few calories by throwing myself into the usual saturday clean. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. X

That's one of my big downfalls - checking my scales in the week (usually every day!!). I'm ditching mine this time and hopefully will be able to resist getting them out again.

BTW you can come a burn a few cals blitzing my house when you've done yours if you want. I'm really generous like that ;)

Feeling really down today. My Husband has more problems at work and it doesn't look good. Didn't think that things could get any worse.Its not exactly the best time of year to be without a job!
well the scales are still not being very kind to me. I havn't gone off plan but I can't see any results at the moment. Hopefully I will see a change by the time I weigh on wednesday.

Aw, hope the scales are nice to you soon Jane. You deserve it. How come weeks when we feel we've done well don't show on the scales and other weeks we expect to gain weight we lose it!?

Thanks Emmylou. Lost 1 lb. Pleased that I lost but would have liked to have lost more. Having said that, I had a bit of a disastrous day yesterday and let the stress get to me.
Anyway today is a new day. I want to try to walk to work every day if possible- it takes me 45 mins and I have done that in the past few days. Perhaps it will make a difference.:)

Last edited:
Weekly Food Diary

Wednesday 10/11/10

B- 42grms Allbran+mullerlight+pear​

S-Apple & mandarin​

L-Chicken breast, savoury rice, tomatoes​

S- Apple & mandarin​

D-Home made meat balls, tomato sauce pasta and green beans
Mullerlight and fresh pineapple​

Syns - Double vodka & diet coke=12 syns
12 tics= 1 syn

Total syns =13

Thursday 11/11/10

B-Weetabix x 2, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and mandarin​

L-Pasta and meatballs​

S-Apple& mandarin​

D- Sweet and sour chicken(2syns), green beans and spicy potatoes
Mullerlight and fruit​

4 sula vanilla mints= 1syn
Double Vodka & diet coke x2=12

Total syns = 15

Friday 12/11/10

B-Weetabix x 2 + pear and mullerlight

S- apple and 2 satsumas​

L-Sweet and sour chicken (2 syns) green beans and spicy potato

S- Apple and mandarin​

D- Baked potato, tinned tuna, tomatoes, beetroot and tablespoon of waistline (? 1 syn)
Mullerlight and fresh pineapple

Double vodka+diet coke=12 syns
Tic tacsx12= 1syn

Total syns=16 (oops!)

Saturday 13/11/10

B- Weetabix x2, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L- Couscous and vegetable chilli​

S- satsuma and grapes​

D- SW chips, eggs and baked beans and tomatoes
Mullerlight and strawberries.​

Vodka and diet cokex2= 12syns

Total syns=12

Sunday 14/11/10

B-42grms all bran, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L-Potato, 2 quorn sausages, baked beans and tinned tomatoes
Activia yog​

S-Mandarins and grapes​

D-Sheperds pie (2 syns), Cauli and green beans
Mullerlight and pear​

Vodka and diet coke x 2= 12syns
Total syns=14

Monday 15/11/10

B- Pear, mullerlight and Alpen light bar​

S-​

L-Couscous and 2x quorn sausages, baked beans and tinned tomatoes​

S-Satsuma, apple and grapes + alpen light bar​

D-Savoury rice(? 3syns) and vegetarian chilli, peas
Mullerlight and pear​

Total syns=?3

Tuesday 16/11/10

B- Weetabix x2, mullerlight and pear

S- Apple and satsuma​

L-Coucous, quorn sausage, baked beans and tinned tomatoes.​

S-Apple​

D-Baked potato, tinned tuna, waistline dressing (?2 syns)peppers, onions and tomatoes
M&S count on us raspberry mousse(?4 syns)​

12 tictacs= 1syn
Alpen light x2= 6syns
Total syns=13

Last edited:
Hiya Jane

Thought I'd come and have a look at your diary. Hope you are keeping well and you haven't got too much stress, I know what its like x

Anyhoo carry on the good fight and we'll be wearing skinner clothes soon! xx Boo xx

Thanks for popping in Boo and for your encouragement. Yes we will get there in the end and overcome the urge to give in when we are stressed - says she as she grabs a vodka and diet coke:rolleyes: My only consolation is that its within my syn allowance! X

well done on your 1lb loss just remember that every 1lb gets you closer to your goal:) hope you have a good OP day tomorrow x

Yes your right Emmylou, thanks for pointing that out:)
Have just looked at my food diary and have just realised that I have had alchohol every day since last weekend. I am not very happy with that as I prefer to drink only on a Friday and Saturday.
I will be pleased to see the end of this week. My mum has just come home after being in respite care since Tuesday. She has just had a complete new central heating system installed and it didn't go quite as planned, so my husband and I have been in and out of the house like yo-yo's all week. Given that my husbands work has also given us a major headache as well it hasn't been a good week. Never the less, stressed or not I would prefer to spend my syns on other things than vodka!
We are looking forward to the X faxtor tonight. Hope that everyone has a good weekend. X

Day off today and my husband is off sick.
Life is very stressfull at the moment between problems with my husbands work and my own work that may come to an end at end of March. Well I truly believe that there is a purpose in everything, we just don't always see it at the time. At least the sun has been shining today:)

Hiya Jane, sorry to hear that your having so many problems, we are in the same boat as you, plus Mr Boo does not get paid when he is off sick which is not helping :eek: Anyhoo, thinking of you and I agree there is always a purpose in everything and as one door shuts another opens xx Boo xx

Back