New year, new me! Exciting times :-)

LauraD4

Hi everyone

I'm Laura and 2 weeks ago I began the cambridge diet journey! For the past few years I have gradually put on weight and after the birth of my daughter that has accelerated and now is the time to take control!

I begin the journey at exactly 18 stone and stand 5ft6" with a BMI of 40.5 - wow!

Week 1 summary: due to my BMI I am starting on SS+ along with a pint of milk. As determined as I am the first 3 days were difficult to say the least! Headaches, feeling sick and a sudden loss of energy; thankfully they receded, although the temptation of food is always in the back of my mind - I stayed committed! Week 1 weigh in comes and I have lost a whopping 12lbs :)

Week 2 summary: my BMI is now below 40 so I can lower the milk intake. My partner is working away this week and I'm finding it difficult. In short, I was a little off track but managed to get myself back onto the right path. Come weigh in and I've only lost 2lbs, however I fully intend to put that right this week (week 3).

Hopefully you're all making great progress, for those with more experience - any tips? How were your first 2 weeks? What is really motivating you to lose weight?

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Progress through the week has been good, all 100% days other than one pack of crisps :-(. Although the scales aren't showing too much of a difference?! Anyone else see weight loss slow down after week 2?

I just keep imagining the clothes I will soon be able to wear; shopping for me hasn't been fun over the last 2 years. Nothing ever fits and when it does I don't seem happy. Dreaming of the day that I can shop in any high street shop! That day will come this year, I'm so determined to make this stick.

Weigh in tonight, lets see what happens! A loss is a loss right? Keep plugging away everyone.

1lb loss after a pretty decent week; bit hard to take but I guess it won't be dramatic losses each week!

Onto the new week with lots of energy and enthusiasm, on the plus side I am now in the 16's! Not been there for a while :)

Back