new year new me

losemenow

sooooooo i turn 23 on saturday and have decided to adopt a new healthier lifestyle to celebrate a new healthy me. ive been doing pretty well although the past week could have been better. im starting kickboxing next week and as of tomorrow am cutting down on the refined sugar again. im coming off the alcohol for a month also but thats cos i just dont wanna be run down and am trying to save for a trip to dublin next month!

so anyway yeah the aim for this year is to
- cut down if possible cut out refined sugar
- cut out gluten
- keep carbs to a minimum not cut out but avoid
- eat plenty of vegtables and fruit
- keep meat to a minimum, lean towards fish
- keep dairy to natural yoghurt and milk in tea/ coffee
- get two litres water in a day

get one hour of good exercise a day in.

so as of saturday i will be keeping a rigid diary. my aim is for the 5th of february to be 12 stone.

i know there will be days when i do slip but the main goal is to not pig out e.g. when i have some ice cream or choc don't go well now thats the day ruined, i better start afresh tomorrow and therefore eat what i want until then. all in all i just want to achieve a much healthier lifestyle with no yo yoing.

Last edited:
monday 11th January 2010

a fruit bar made of just apple and raspberry- nothing else. small enough. had 2 so at 43 cals each 86

a chunk of cooked ham.... no idea how many calories. was a fairly large chunk

didnt eat a lot today. not by choice just was not hungry.
was very tired when came in for dinner i.e. the chunk of ham and fell asleep at 7.30

Last edited:
Tuesday 12th January 2010

woke up at 12 as today is my day off. met the girls for lunch had 4 chips off my mates plate and a peppermint tea. had a 2 dried fruitina bar too. 43 cals each and gave my friend a good chunk of one so around 80 calories for the two

got hair done and rushed around town like a mad woman so didnt eat a whole pile

dinner was lemon sole in bread crumb 140 calories and some fresh broccoli. caved and had the end of my ben and jerrys from the weekend. was about a third of a tub so about 350- 400 calories.... eeek!

exercise

kickboxing starts tonight. 1 hour of strenous tae bo type kickboxing.

drank 2 litres of water.

need to work on getting three meals a day in as am picking at the moment and eating enough.

Last edited:
Hya
Sounds like you're doing really well so far.
Hope tomorrow is another good day :D

right went out last night and had a few drinks... home 7.30am work at 9! have made a decision to stay off the drink for the next 6 weeks as the past two-three months have just been night out after night out and im just not feeling the healthiest.

so tomorrow starts my 6 week kickboxing. so does my 6 week detox fully now. im working all the time, out the rest of the time and asleep way too much. im not getting out and exercising and im tired and eating the wrong stuff. was hungver today and ate a huge amount of crap.

no now im done. feck it. no more. my system needs a break. :)

Back