Step 1 Sole Source + New year, New me!

skinnyB
Thats it you never know on this how you are going to be . When you woke this morning how was you ? are you ok to carry on ?
Well its my restart and i'm getting mixed messages already , i brought a large fresh cut bread , and i have to just think no i'm going todo this today . The rest of the family can eat it . not eaten yet ....
so your running club , how long is the running for ?
Hi Jackie , how are you doing ? With the hand blender hows is it ? is it powerful enough ?
right now , lets have a good day everyone

Morning MsJMC.
oh god fresh loaf sounds amazing!!! Well so far i have had 2 choc digestives and a cup of black tea :ashamed0005: My mother in law has just started weight watchers and we go round there house quite a lot so im thinking of maybe trying that as i have got my excess xmas weight off, so i wouldnt mind a more slow sensible weight loss over the next 3 months as i know there is no way in a million years i will stick with this for that long! Im 24 so Ben and I have such an active social life and cambridge just makes that pretty much impossible! If the weight loss was half it would still be something.
Im not sure how long each session will last but its a beginners class from doing being able to do nothing to running 5k in 12 weeks, im really excited and nervous!

How are you? Must be even harder when you have a family, i had my niece and nephew last night and millie cooked chocolate buns! irresistible!

Jackie I couldnt live without blending the shakes luckily my kitchen at work is ok so i have an electric whisk to do my shakes here. cant stand them just stirred! :yuk:

xx

Evening. Unfortunately the new blender hasn't arrived. Apparantely it has to be signed for. Delivery driver has tried to deliver it twice. he leaves his mobile number on the delivery card then doesn't answer it on the 6 times I,ve tried to ring it. If I'd known it was going to be this much trouble I wouldn't have bothered. Last resort is to leave a note on the door tomorrow asking for him to redeliver on Saturday {if he works Saturdays!} I have an electric blender which I use all the time. This new gadget I.ve ordered is like a beaker with a battery operated blender inside so it will be easier to use when I'm out { if I ever get it } I'm not too sure if it will be powerful enough as it was only a tenner but it would make life a lot easier if it works ok. Am getting a bit concerned about the snow they are promising us. My weigh in is on Saturday morning and I really don't want to miss it but I live in a dead end road so no chance of it getting gritted. I think it would take me over half hour to walk to her house so that would be a possibility and would probably do me quite a bit of good.
Are you seriously thinking about giving up Cambridge SkinnyB? Have you done weight watchers before? It is one of the diets that I have tried in the past. I think one of the things that keeps me on track with this is the fact that you have the individual meeting with the CDC. With the WW classes I found it was a bit to easy to just not go as no one really notices, With this I would have to ring her and come up with an excuse { which she probably wouldn't believe } and the thought of doing that keeps me going I think but also you need to find the right diet for you and nobody can tell you what that is. To be honest if I don't stick with Cambridge i don't think there's any diets left that I haven't already tried
MsJ how did you get on resisting the bread. That was always my biggest downfall. I've taken to keeping a loaf in the freezer and just getting out what other people need on a daily basis. It's not ideal but that's one thing I really can't trust myself with. Oh well I feel like I've rambled on tonight so I'm off for my final shake of the day...not going to mention the water...it's a sore point. Speak soon J xx

I think the individual meetings with the consultant helps alot too. Almost as though you're doing it for them too aswell as yourself.

I use the electric whisk that I used to use for baking cakes to whisk my shakes up and it works a treat. You can get a cheap one of these from Tesco for like a fiver.

Though after my third week I will have reached a healthy BMI and will be going onto healthy eating, and i'm using the last Cambridge step as a plan for this with out the Cambridge products.

xx

Hey ladies!
Yes i really have given up!! I did WW 4 years ago and got to goal after loosing 2 and half stone, i did it purely online so i had no one but myself, i like it like that, i dont like someone weighing me really, i never go with there scales anyway. I hope you all do brilliantly well! Im sure you will :)
Ill keep coming in and checking on you all! Im having the weekend off and then ww on monday!! going to order the biggest online shop ever! so im 100% prepared!

xx

Hey ladies!
Yes i really have given up!! I did WW 4 years ago and got to goal after loosing 2 and half stone, i did it purely online so i had no one but myself, i like it like that, i dont like someone weighing me really, i never go with there scales anyway. I hope you all do brilliantly well! Im sure you will :)
Ill keep coming in and checking on you all! Im having the weekend off and then ww on monday!! going to order the biggest online shop ever! so im 100% prepared!

xx
Wishing you lots and lots of luck with WW. Had my 2nd WI today and lost 4lbs so well pleased with that. Would be good to lose 5lbs by next Saturday as that would be 1st in 3 weeks

Morning MsJMC.
oh god fresh loaf sounds amazing!!! Well so far i have had 2 choc digestives and a cup of black tea :ashamed0005: My mother in law has just started weight watchers and we go round there house quite a lot so im thinking of maybe trying that as i have got my excess xmas weight off, so i wouldnt mind a more slow sensible weight loss over the next 3 months as i know there is no way in a million years i will stick with this for that long! Im 24 so Ben and I have such an active social life and cambridge just makes that pretty much impossible! If the weight loss was half it would still be something.
Im not sure how long each session will last but its a beginners class from doing being able to do nothing to running 5k in 12 weeks, im really excited and nervous!

How are you? Must be even harder when you have a family, i had my niece and nephew last night and millie cooked chocolate buns! irresistible!

Jackie I couldnt live without blending the shakes luckily my kitchen at work is ok so i have an electric whisk to do my shakes here. cant stand them just stirred! :yuk:

xx

Hi SkinnyB Have you looked into the diet JUDDD ? its also on this site , its one day 500 next you take it up to 2000 you can lower that if you like , so one day vlcd the next you can eat up to 2000.
with ww i joined 2 years ago i really was hungry all the time and i got fed up with working out what i was eating , u can buy the calculator think 10 pounds .
someone on here that i know has just told me she lost it by doing her own thing 4 stone , she stopped bread , pasta , and still had sweet potatoe , and did lots of exercise .
i'm thinking of doing this plan myself now .
really have to be strong headed to do these vlcd .
So your switching ?

Wishing you lots and lots of luck with WW. Had my 2nd WI today and lost 4lbs so well pleased with that. Would be good to lose 5lbs by next Saturday as that would be 1st in 3 weeks
Hi Jackie , amazing weight loss , how are you feeling on plan ?
With myself i dont see myself being good on vlcd all the time , i'm going to have a go at no bread no pasta . portion control plate or go look on line at how much i should have but carb cutting .
think might go out for short walk as been in , its deep snow but will give it a go ....

Hi. How did the walk in the snow go? It's quite deep here now so haven't ventured out at all. I'm surprised at how motivated I still am on the diet. I'm usually losing interest by now. I found difficulty with slimming world and WW. Although I lost weight I found it seemed to take over my day thinking about what I could have and then deciding If I had a biscuit that meant I couldn't have the potato I'd planned to have with dinner. I think I've taken to the strictness of this so there's no thinking about it aside from whether to have a shake or soup! I'm also strongly of the opinion that it isn.t for everyone and maybe if I had tried this a year ago it wouldn't have worked then. All I can say is It'd working for me at present. I do wonder why some people are getting 10lb weight losses and more as I am sticking to the SS+ completely. I would like to see those sort of weight losses too but as I'm the wrong side of 50 maybe that's why. I'm feeling ready to do some excercise too. I used to do Zumba twice a week until I sprained my ankle {not doing the zumba} and i.ve been wary of going back as it's quite energetic. I have a couple of Zumba WII discs so I may dig them back out initially as I can go at my own pace. Also the price of the zumba classes has gone up and what with the cost of the cambridge products it may make it a bit too expensive at present. I think the carb cutting is the way to go long term. I will stay on the plan as long as I can, if poss until I get to goal then hopefully I may have re educated my stomach to choose pretein food in preference to carb for the substantial part of my food and see carbs etc as a treat. Hope the snow isn't causing you too many problems. Take carJ x

Hi Jackie its all sop quiet here , where are you ?

just dropping by to see how your doing

Hi I'm still here and plodding along with the diet. My daughter is home for a few days from uni so I've not been on here. Mostly because she commandeeres my laptop to save her bringing her one back. All is still going well. Had a couple of days when I was a bit peckish but convinced myself that no great harm would come to me if I remained hungry for a while so got through them ok. Have WI tomorrow morning. Had a peek on the scales { I know I shouldn't } and it doesn't look like I've lost much so fingers crossed. Off to see Les Mis with daughter tomorrow. Am gonna take a product with me so I don't cave in to the popcorn. Hope all is well. J x

Hi I'm still here and plodding along with the diet. My daughter is home for a few days from uni so I've not been on here. Mostly because she commandeeres my laptop to save her bringing her one back. All is still going well. Had a couple of days when I was a bit peckish but convinced myself that no great harm would come to me if I remained hungry for a while so got through them ok. Have WI tomorrow morning. Had a peek on the scales { I know I shouldn't } and it doesn't look like I've lost much so fingers crossed. Off to see Les Mis with daughter tomorrow. Am gonna take a product with me so I don't cave in to the popcorn. Hope all is well. J x

3lbs off at WI today. Must do 2lb this week to get to a stone

Hi Jackie , doing so well , how was Les Mis ?

Hi MsM. Les Mis was great. Had WI Today & lost 2lbs. Would like to see larger weight losses if I'm honest but have now reached my 1st stone so am heading in right direction. How are you doing? x

Thats great! one stone . I'm working on another plan , of slim save with added food , low carb .
OH off this week so not been good , so have to make better choices .
better weather coming now , can't hide in the coats anymore lol
so how much Jackie are you aiming for for next week ?

I know what you mean....I am pleased that I've lost a stone in a month but my loss has been 5lbs, 4lbs, 3lbs, 2lbs whereas some people still maintain losing a few pounds most weeks. As I haven't cheated at all I feel that to be on 800 calories a week I would expect to lose more than 2lbs as I could probably lose that on a low cal diet. I know my biggest problem is water so, once again I'm going to really commit to that. I'm going to live and breathe water to see if it makes a difference. I don't do any formal exercise but my working day consists of quite a bit of walking so I'm not sitting all day either. I still enjoy the products and don't have hunger pangs. I do like the fact that I don't have to make a packed lunch for work etc so I'm not on the verge of giving up or anything but would just like a bit of a higher reward. Hope you have a good week

I know what you mean , you want higher rewards as so few kcals , have you checked on inch loss ? i'm going back to vlcd tomorrow . your doing well to stay on plan , as staying on plan is the only way .
i have been feeling tired ... i will feel better once i get started again . i get tired in the afternoons .
how things ?

How's it going? Did you manage to start again? I also feel tired some days and other days I'm full of energy...it doesn't seem consistent. I like the days when I get up full of beans. I have taken measurements and have lost a few and also getting into some clothes easier now so I know something's going right. I just want it all at once! I'm on a course for 2 days at work with people I don't know and lunch is provided. Am going to take a tetra and bar with me but I'll see how I feel about having them. If I don't feel comfortable I'll either see if there's something salady or maybe go out at lunchtime and have my tetra then. xx

How's it going? Did you manage to start again? I also feel tired some days and other days I'm full of energy...it doesn't seem consistent. I like the days when I get up full of beans. I have taken measurements and have lost a few and also getting into some clothes easier now so I know something's going right. I just want it all at once! I'm on a course for 2 days at work with people I don't know and lunch is provided. Am going to take a tetra and bar with me but I'll see how I feel about having them. If I don't feel comfortable I'll either see if there's something salady or maybe go out at lunchtime and have my tetra then. xx

Hi Jackie just caught up with your diary! You are doing fab! I also struggle with going on courses I have a three day conference coming up soon where all food is provided! I am on SS+ so can have one salad meal but may struggle with the evening meal! I may just explain on a diet from my doctor and just drink or ask the hotel to make my sachet of soup up! In a way I think why should I need to explain my actions it's my wish to do this diet and at the end of the day how important to me is this diet and the people I probably won't meet much other than at similar events!

Well done on getting into your clothes easier it's a great feeling!

Keep going Hun you are doing great x

Hi Teresa. You're right you shouldn't have to explain yourself especially when you're quite happy to have your products and am not particularly tempted by what's on offer. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. Have just had a couple of eggs with veg and actually feel quite full now. I also have a couple of weeks off work soon so that will be another hurdle to overcome. I don't have any problems sticking to the diet at the weekends when I'm home but 2 whole weeks may be a tad more difficult as I'm hoping to catch up with friends and go out and about a bit. It's a lovely feeling tho when you thought a day was going to be difficult but you manage to keep on track isn't it. I'd love to have more time to read the diaries on here properly but tend to just grab a few mins here and there. I could do with life slowing down a bit to give me chance to catch up!. Hope your day has been good also J x

Back