New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Suffering from insom-nom-nom-nomnia tonight! That is where I can't sleep and am hungry lol Laid here thinking about cheese sandwiches!

Yup Guild Wars 2, I never played the original either. I've joined a very good guild so play with lots of people and chat and do stuff together, it's good :)

That's so lame!! At least you have GW2 to muck around on until you do get sleepy (and to distract from those pesky thoughts about cheese sandwiches ;) ) I think WoW saved me when I first did a VLCD, really kept me occupied through those boredom moments when I'd go to the kitchen instead...

Aw, joining a good guild is exactly what those sorts of games are ALL about! What level/race/class are you?

I'm a level 33 Sylvari Elementalist on one as level 27 Human Ranger on the other. Only been playing 3-4 weeks. Played a LOT this last week or so just to keep me distracted! What about you?

I've been having a look through my Pinterest board. There are lots of motivational pictures on there and heave helped me a bit tonight, even though my stomach still feels like it's eating itself right now!! LOL Need to try use it more, it's a good motivational tool.

How has your day been Caz?

You are right, it is very quiet on here..where is everyone????

I think I will need to start calling the old (school) roll again on Monday mornings ;)...with lines for the latecomers! :)

Hello my lovely friend. Told you I'd try and get back on today. Lucky I did really if Rosie is acting all school mistress like! ;)

I think weighing in monthly is a fab idea, especially in your situation. You need to see those big numbers to spur you on, especially if food is off the menu. If you can do it then I would give it a try. I think I managed 3 weeks once, but after that I kept sneaking little peeks. :)

Well done on the size 16's. You have come such a long way honey, I think you are fantastic! :) :)

What plans have you got for your long weekend with Aaron? Did you decide on the whole gym thing? xxx

Thanks ladies. Is Manchester far from you Trisha?

So quiet here lately! Not used to it lol

Not far Caz, about 17 miles away. Yes it is quiet on here, maybe people are still on holiday.

First day back at school :( we broke up on the Tuesday before Easter Caz, so the kids have had 2 weeks, staff had an inset on the Wednesday, so we had a day short of 2 weeks.

What is Guild Wars, never heard of it.

Been at my sister's this evening, was lovely to see everyone. Bit awkward at times because of some stuff that's going on but actually it made it all the nicer to see each other and spend some time together. Really want to make an effort to see them more, may try and visit them in London occasionally. I always feel like I'm intruding though! Off to Aaron's tomorrow evening, need to tidy my room before I go! Debating getting my legs waxed... anyone done it before? Should I do it?!

Ah not too far at all then Trisha. Aaron lives in Manchester, well the outskirts. Can't believe that you've already had someone off school sick on the first day back! Guild Wars is a computer game, not really sure how to describe it. Probably not most people's cups of tea on here. You play with other people online, you go around exploring maps, gathering materials, making things, doing quests etc. Aaron got me into it but I enjoy it, keeps me busy when I'm hungry!

SQUEEZY!!!!!!!! So glad to see you back... even if we have spoken a few times by text. Sounds like you timed it just right, not sure I'd want to get on Rosie's bad side ;) I'll still end up peeking but it'll just to be for a general idea of how it's going, one official WI that I'll share with everyone. Little ups and downs won't matter, just the 1st of each month. I technically could only have maybe 3 WIs left if I stick to it! Tried on my size 18 jeans today and they fit too :D I wore one of my new tops, the one that was fairly fitting, and my sister saw me and poked me in the stomach and told me to stop because it wasn't fair! Funny, I've never been in that position before... I've always been the biggest of us all. Was quite nice! No plans really, it's his dad's birthday and we were going to go for an indian but I don't think that is happening or that anything else has been arranged instead. I'd actually forgotten all about the gym so thanks for reminding me! Will go and do that on Saturday probably, will pack my gym and swimming stuff. Otherwise it'll probably be a quiet weekend catching up on Spartacus and Arrow, we need to find something new to watch!

Hi Rosie, good day thanks, got my car brakes fitted and went over to my sister's for the afternoon and evening, only just back. How was yours?

Had a good day thanks Caz :) Sounds like your day went well and now you have a visit to the boy to look forward to! I have never waxed so can't advise :).....I did work with a girl who would never dream of NOT waxing, she much preferred it to creams or razors!! ;)

Hey..I haven't got a bad side! hee hee ;)..just a soft side and a softer side! :)

I like the idea of it being so much smoother and longer lasting but is it really? And just how painful is it?!

I wax my eyebrows. I used to wax everything else but now i epilate cos Im hard as nails. Lol

I can only repeat what my former workmate said, but she was raving about how long lasting it was and how smooth her legs were...I can only take her word for it though! hee hee Funnily enough, she didn't mention the pain!

Can you maybe try a wee patch test..and see what you think?

I get full leg waxes......but usually in the summer just, so I can wear dresses with bare legs. It so hard to say how painful it is as it varies from one person to another. Think the first time is sorest mind as the hairs grow back weaker each time so gets less painful. I know two women who cannot bear the pain (and one of them was the woman who last waxed mine lol!!). You just take a deep breath each strip and then it's over. No pain afterwards. Like ripping off a sticking plaster.

Again the length of time it stays smooth maybe varies too but generally speaking they are only nice for about a fortnight, which is generally why I leave it until I am going on holiday or an event really. The real annoyance about waxing is that you have to let them grow back a little before waxing again (too short and the wax doesn't grip) and in the middle of the summer this can be a real bind so I often go back to shaving anyway.

Why not have a half leg wax to try it out? It could be nice treat for all your weight loss. And with a half leg you could wear a skirt and leggings and then just slip your leggings off.:D

I'd only have a half leg wax I think. I wax my eyebrows too Squeezy, when I can get somewhere! That's not too bad but then it's a small area so doesn't last long :p Frances... how long does it take? Just trying to judge how long the pain would last for! That said, I've sat through 2 hour long tattoo sessions, surely can't be worse than that... I quite fancy giving one a try.

I'm going to get them done before holiday I think, even if I don't get them done tomorrow. Think it would be nice, going to have a full on pamper session - get nails done, legs waxed, eyebrows done, maybe even a light spray tan!

Oh dear... 1am and I'm still awake. Going to struggle next week back at school!!

Good morning Caz, hope you managed to drop off soon after you posted! the first day back will be a struggle for your sleep pattern, then you will be so tired you will quickly fall back into your usual pattern! :)

I've been trying to get up a little earlier each day this week, so that it isn't such a shock and a struggle on Monday! :)

Have a good day..a full on pamper session sounds like a lovely treat :) x

I tried that too Rose, didn't work!! Was about 1.30 last night I think. Will try a little earlier each night, even half an hour each night would make a big difference!

I've booked for a half leg and eyebrow wax at 1.30.... I'm scared!! Lol

Im not sleeping well either. We should meet on minis and have a cuppa together. I hate how lonely not sleeping can be.

Well done for booking the wax session. Honestly, if you can sit through a tattoo you can have your legs waxed. Can't wait to hear how you get on, if the beauty therapist uses aloe vera afterwards you Will be fine. I think it's a great idea for holidays. Who wants to be faffing about shaving legs every other day.

TBH I found the eyebrow wax much much more painful than any legwax. I half leg wax would be all over in about 15 minutes I reckon. It's very quick. Warm wax put on and a strip pulled off. You will be absolutely fine. Especially as you've done a tatoo. This is nothing.:D

Well I'm doing swimming with my class this term so I'm liking the idea of not having to faff with shaving so much! I've thought the same as you Frances, the having to wait for it to grow back is just plain annoying and awkward and is what has always put me off. Though as I didn't see Aaron last weekend, no-one saw my legs and I thought I'd not shave whilst I tried to decide! After two weeks the hairs are about 4-5mm long so long enough to wax but you can't really see them surprisingly. I love the feeling of smooth legs though! I'm just hoping I can manage it lol My appointment is at 1.30, if you don't hear from me tonight I died from the pain! :D

You're right, that's the worst thing about not being able to sleep. It's so lonely and boring as everyone else is asleep! I tell you what Squeeze, next time I can't sleep I'll drop you a text and see if you're awake if you want and we can meet on minis for that cuppa if you are? Or would that disturb you if you were asleep?

Good idea Caz. It won't disturb me cos if Im asleep i Will be sleeping like a log and a bomb wouldn't wake me. Xxx

Back