New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Yeah, I'm quite lucky that I haven't put anything on. Have probably been pretty active at work so goes to show that if I sort out my food then I might start losing. Hopefully going to start afresh from tomorrow and see how it goes.

I do actually have a clubcard, just remembered. One of those little ones on my keys that's linked to Aaron's account. So if I stop in Tesco for fuel, which is fairly rare, he gets all my points! I try to either go to Sainsbury's/BP or Texaco as I've got reward/loyalty cards for both of them.

We're the same as you Mel, not a lot of choice here. We've got a local one called Harry Tuffins 8 miles away and 12 miles away, that's our closest and it's generally good but quite expensive for meat. Otherwise there's a Tesco and Iceland about 16-17 miles away and then my Dad will venture to Ludlow, which is 20 miles away, for an Aldi shop. I know they have a massive Tesco, they probably have a Sainsbury's too.

Well Aymz sounds to me that you've done a pretty damn good job considering! Maintaining is hard so you've proven to yourself that you'll be able to do it once you hit goal, which is great. Take it one day at a time. Let me know how you do today :)

No fitness this morning, too tired! Really struggled to get to sleep last night, was coming up to midnight so getting up at 5.30 didn't happen. Kept snoozing lol So will do it tonight instead, it's only 10 minutes, I can find the time and energy then. New PC comes today, hoping that the monitor does as well but that's coming from their warehouse rather than the store so maybe it won't. It better do otherwise I can't use it! So will make sure I do fitness before I even touch the PC otherwise I'll spend all evening setting it up and installing everything I want on it and it'll suddenly be so late I have no time or energy.

Was posting about fitness on Mel's diary this morning actually. I really want to start getting back to the gym. I bought a new CD called Get Fit 2013 from HMV for £5 but with 20-40% off, can't remember which! I put it on in the car driving back yesterday and it's actually quite good. Just got me all worked up for the gym! It's quite popular fairly recent songs but they've been remixed so that they're quite well paced with decent bass lines, making them perfect for the gym. So now I really want to go to the gym and I'm just not sure what to do! I want to go because I want to get back into that healthy routine and start to enjoy the gym again but at the same time I know I'm very much all or nothing with the gym and I'm used to burning over 1000 calories when I do go! I'm not sure that that's really a good thing to do when I'm on something like S&S, I don't want to burn out. So I don't know whether to give it a go or not really. I might see if I can go along for a taster session, see what their gym is like but also see how I feel working out on so few calories. I guess I'd have to focus more on resistance training rather than cardio, might be ok. Not sure!

Anyway sorry for that long rambling post so early in the morning! I had better get going to school, have a good day everyone.

Not sure what to suggest about the gym. I guess you could go for a taster session like you said. It's tricky when you are consuming so little calories. Maybe speak to your doctor or a PT at the gym about it.

Have a fab day honey :) xx

I'm going to drop that form off and can then chat to them about it at my assessment I guess. Don't want to do too much.

Had loads of comments today about how good I'm looking and asking if I've lost weight. Bit awkward as I don't like the attention but it's been nice too!

That is good news Caz, just blush a wee bit and smile :)

We are not very good at accepting compliments in this country..and yours!!! ;)

Fab that people are noticing...one of the best rewards! :)

We're not very good at it are we Rose!

It's been a funny old day. Had a couple more people notice about my weight loss and I actually took it well by then! Smiled, said thank you and that I'm hoping to reach 2st down this week! Not like me at all, I normally deflect compliments.

I've mentioned before that Monday is the day that I'm on break duty. Normally just have a wander round as they play but treated my class to an extra 15 mins of break and decided to play games. Started with duck duck goose and moved on to stuck in the mud. I was one of the ones who were 'it' and spent a good 20 minutes running around the playground... In heels! I loved it though and so did the kids, had loads from reception and year 1 join us so there were 50+ of us! Have promised to do it again but will bring trainers for that one lol

Anyway, was a funny old day because I'm actually started to feel like I'm getting somewhere. I've lost enough that it's obviously noticable now. I can do things I probably couldn't have before. I'm finally starting to feel more confident and like my weight doesn't define who I am or what in worth! Been a good day :)

so glad you've had a good day Caz, it's good people are noticing your weight loss, I find it helps to spur me on

I know how hard it is to receive comments like that. You almost feel offended, which is crazy. I have now learned to simply smile and say thank you. No explanation required if you don't feel up to it.

Im pleased you are feeling good though honey, you deserve positive comments. You have worked really hard and stayed really committed to get to this point. Proud of ya! :) xxx

Completely agree Squeezy. Makes me wonder what they thought of me before! Though I've stopped that, mostly, and just try and take it for what it is, a genuine compliment. Isn't easy though!

Did exercise this morning, didn't manage it yesterday because of running late and then sorting the PC which took ALL evening! Still not completely set up but almost, got most things on it. Used the new DVD this morning, it was actually quite good. I think I need a bigger stability ball though, hers came up to her hips, mine is mid thighs. It meant I couldn't do a couple of the things that she was doing. It's difficult enough to store though as it is!!

No oven at the moment, the element in it isn't working! So I've got a microwave, hob and grill so not really sure what's happening protein meal wise at the moment. Can always just have 4 packs a day if needs be though, would miss my chicken!!
Right, better quickly catch up on diaries and get going! Have a good day all.

Hiya, just a quick hello, I have a lot of catching up to do..!!!' Hope your doing ok x

Good to see you back Shazz! Give us an update on the move, life etc when you get the chance please :)

Hi Caz,

Loved the imagine of you running about in heels at break! What an awesome teacher you are -- those kids will remember you forever.

Yes, stability ball needs to be size appropriate or so we were told in FitBall class. Gym visit, etc good idea.

Great buy on the CD.

I cook a whole bag of chicken breasts -- two kilos -- in my slow cooker. Then I divide the up and make several dishes: enchiladas, chicken pot pie, chicken salad, etc. and I even cut it up and add to the homemade soup from the soup maker. It boils off any fat (and I trim them, too) -- and I have "cooked" chicken breasts ready to use. Now, I'm cooking for four -- so, you should only cook what you could use in three days.

Did exercise this morning, didn't manage it yesterday because of running late and then sorting the PC which took ALL evening! Still not completely set up but almost, got most things on it. Used the new DVD this morning, it was actually quite good. I think I need a bigger stability ball though, hers came up to her hips, mine is mid thighs. It meant I couldn't do a couple of the things that she was doing. It's difficult enough to store though as it is!!

Well done on the exercise!! It's very inspirational :D Which DVD are you doing? I have a 30 day Shred knocking around, I think I'll get to it when I don't feel so flabby doing jumping jacks. O_O

As for the ball - maybe the instructor on the DVD is a different height to you? You are quite tall so the ball would understandably not be up as high as it would be on a short person :) I mean - there's 5 inches between you and I, and the instructor could be shorter still! :D

Well done Caz, not sure I could be bothered so early in the morning. I think you are fab :) xx

Hi Caz,

Loved the imagine of you running about in heels at break! What an awesome teacher you are -- those kids will remember you forever.

Yes, stability ball needs to be size appropriate or so we were told in FitBall class. Gym visit, etc good idea.

Great buy on the CD.

I cook a whole bag of chicken breasts -- two kilos -- in my slow cooker. Then I divide the up and make several dishes: enchiladas, chicken pot pie, chicken salad, etc. and I even cut it up and add to the homemade soup from the soup maker. It boils off any fat (and I trim them, too) -- and I have "cooked" chicken breasts ready to use. Now, I'm cooking for four -- so, you should only cook what you could use in three days.

Hi Mel. I played stuck in the mud again today, was prepared with flats on though this time! Next time I need trainers, ballet pumps aren't great for running full speed across the playground to try and catch the fastest boy in my class! lol Was great, the two TAs on duty were highly amused and impressed.

Ball is definitely too small, need to measure it and find a bigger one. How do you cook the chicken in the slow cooker?

Well done on the exercise!! It's very inspirational :D Which DVD are you doing? I have a 30 day Shred knocking around, I think I'll get to it when I don't feel so flabby doing jumping jacks. O_O

As for the ball - maybe the instructor on the DVD is a different height to you? You are quite tall so the ball would understandably not be up as high as it would be on a short person :) I mean - there's 5 inches between you and I, and the instructor could be shorter still! :D

I think she probably is shorter so probably uses a ball my size but because I'm taller, I need a bigger one. Some of the moves just weren't possible. I'm using 10 minute solutions 'Fitness Ball Workouts'. I quite enjoy it but there's no using handwieghts so might try and adapt it to use them with it where I can.

Well done Caz, not sure I could be bothered so early in the morning. I think you are fab :) xx

Aww thanks Squeezy :) I just know that if I don't then, I won't at all!

So pleased for you that people are noticing and commenting :) It is working my girl, it IS working! :)

p.s. wee cherub loves duck, duck goose!!!

Duck duck goose is an awesome game, wee cherub has good taste :)

Morning ladies.

WI day today. Lost 3.2lbs and 2cm each from my waist, hips and back. Not a bad loss I suppose, guess I hoped for a little more but can't complain at it really. It's a good measurement anyway, maybe that means the workouts are helping a little.

I've now lost a bit over 2st with S&S, been a bit up and down this past few weeks so should have got there sooner really but I'm here now. I've also lost 51lbs since starting right back at the beginning. I'm now 16st 3.8lb, so in 3.9lb I'll be in the 15s, somewhere that I've never been before, I'll hopefully get there in 2-3 weeks. So though it might not have been an amazing loss this week it certainly all adds up to good things in the bigger picture :) We've got our anniversary weekend away in Blackpool this weekend so doubt I'll lose much if anything next week! Going to try and get plenty of exercise though. I love being by the sea so will hopefully do lots of walks along the beach and things like that.

Last edited:
What a fabulous loss. That is a shining example of why it is important to measure as well as weigh. Well done Caz!! :)

Don't be worrying about the weekend, it's time to celebrate. I doubt you'll do too much damage, plus I know you'll be straight back on it when you get back. Just take lot's of walks along the prom. xx

Back