New Year, New Start

BubblyinEnfield

Everyone says it "come next year, I'll lose the weight".

I've said it every year, and every year I've stayed within the 13-15 stone range. I'll lose a little bit, then gain it back. I'll go on an exercise plan for a few months, then my knee cap will dislocate, or I'll end up with pneumonia, or basically something will pop up that gives me a not-that-valid excuse to spend 3-6 weeks doing very little and falling back into old eating habits.

I have to change, not next year, but now. The kicker was my doctor recommending I go on a 6 week VLCD in order to relieve the pressure on my knee. Once I've lost a chunk of weight we're* going to look into lifestyle plans to accommodate my knee issues, COPD and ... well, a lifetime of eating far too much and moving far too little!

My partner is being very supportive, which I'm super grateful for as all our local slimming clubs run at times I just can't get to owing to work. So for motivation outside of my well meaning partner (who, far too often, just says he likes my squidge... ) I've joined MiniMins!

Starting with Exante, with the blessing of my doctor (for the short term). Not sure I'm terribly keen on it, but as my doctor says the short term meh feeling over this will make it easier to make actual lifestyle changes in 6 weeks time. Hopefully.

Fingers crossed I'll stick to it!

Congrats on the plan! It's difficult, but not impossible. I've lost weight that way, (lipotrim) but have to say that there will be days when y0u eat more again, so don't be discouraged and work with your overall averages for life!!

Back