New year new US!

That made me chuckle, that's exactly what I do when ketosis hits - CLEAN! Fab loss too, well done x

Well done, you didn't give up! You're doing great. I've stayed the same weight since Sunday so hoping to see the scales move tomorrow :0)

Thanks guys for your messages of support it really does give me a boost!
It's day 11 today and the scales aren't moving like they did last week! I did have a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm 13stone 2 which isn't bad as a week last Sunday I was 14stone.
I'm really enjoying ketosis I can't believe the difference it makes it is literally like breaking through a brick wall (for me it was day 8 I think). I went to bed a shivering, starving wreck with wet hair as I couldn't even be arsxx to dry my hair then woke up fresh, vibrant and feeling fab...I'm now struggling to have my 3rd pack as I'm not hungry.
However.....I have a night out on Saturday with my friends pub crawl and then table at a tapas bar... I don't really want to be eating lots of tapas as its greasy but I do need to fetch myself out of ketosis so I don't accidentally kill myself with the alcohol...has anyone got any tips to come out of ketosis without going mad???
And is it as painful the 2nd time round reaching ketosis....I can't face starting again since it took 8 days to start feeling not starving ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Xxxxxx

From past experience you could set yourself back about 5 days by drinking and eating. You've got to decide whether it is worth it after all of your hard work. Personally I wouldn't as I hate doing these eating plans and want it all over as soon as possible lol. If you are going to drink I would eat normally tomorrow to get some carbs into your body, drink plenty of water and don't drink too much booze. Get straight back on it the day after and again plenty of water to flush it all through.

Alternatively could you not just have a couple of vodka and soda waters and at the tapas make good choices that are low carb? Prawns are a good one that I choose and maybe the meatballs? Its not ideal but you won't drop far out of ketosis if at all. It's the drink whilst being in ketosis that you need to worry about xx

Thanks il take that advice on board...I might try for the first time ever in my life to go on a night out and not drink..I might enjoy it I won't know until I try!

Xxx

I hate going out and not drinking lol. I'm a very big drinker, hence my size haha x

Well I did go out Saturday night went for drinks and tapas meal and I tried everything also had a lot of prosecco!
On Sunday with a massive hangover I had to eat so I had salmon fillet, new potatoes and veg...
Today I'm back on it and surprisingly I've not been hungry at all today just had my first pack (at 7pm) I really darent weigh myself I feel like I've put on so I'm going to carry on 100% this week and weigh in on Friday...
good luck everyone and well done on losses I've been keeping an eye out

Xx

Hi spanner - if any weight has gone on it won't be fat, just water. You have to eat 3200 calories more than you need in order to gain a lb of fat and if you've been on track you'll be way more in deficit than that. Just keep going and any water weight will be gone in no time.

Morning guys I weighed today (well been weighing everyday and the scales literally haven't hardly moved for days) I'm 13 stone 1lb today so that's about 2lb in nearly 2 weeks only. Apart from my night out on Saturday and hangover food on Sunday (which was healthy meal) I have stuck to it 100% I have had shakes only (and the odd bar) all week and drunk loads of water even cut out tea (as i have milk in it)
Started to doubt I'm gonna shift any more weight? I know the first week is a super good loss but overall I've lost 13 lbs in 18 days and it wouldn't have been much less on slimming world and you get to eat lots??
I feel like im committed to this diet completely and feel like the scales are not responding I do feel like I'm losing though my rings are getting loose and I think my stomach feels smaller....aaaagh
Has this happened to anyone else and when do the scales catch up?
Xx

I'm sure I read somewhere that 7lb off your loss can be water weight so considering you came off plan for 2 days and probably put all that back on I'd say you are doing quite well still!

Weight loss on a VLCD can be erratic - and often not in the nice linear fashion we would like! :rolleyes:

Stick with it, it does work - and should even out at about a stone loss in a month

.......which would be very unlikely with many other diet plans :)

Thanks Darcy I am fed up but I am gonna stick with it I've come to far now. Keep telling myself that I haven't ate a single chocolate bar, bag or crisps, pie, pudding, sandwich bla bla as well as everything else I would eat normally eat since 3rd Jan so it's got to work my body must be in shock it's fighting back lol...I do have to keep reminding myself that on my birthday on 3rd Jan I was a stone heavier

Xx

Practically a stone in 18 days is a brilliant loss, I think! You can feel fed up with any diet plan that you're on, but personally I never had that kind of loss doing slimming world (actually I gained weight on slimming world because I ate too much potato - free food apparently!). When you've had an initial big loss your body does need to slow down and catch up with itself at some point, but things will average out in the end.

Personally Mousey I think eating as many potatoes as you like (on SW) is b******* lol.. my body (and believe me I've tried) does not respond to SW it works for a few weeks but then I Plato (don't know how to spell it!)
I know it works for some people but I don't feel like I'm dieting (in my head) when im eating full English breakfasts..I'm coming across a lot of diet snobbery, especially in the office from my colleagues who are doing SW who think I'm cheating by doing meal replacement..it works for me and for me it's all or nothing...I think SW is a great all round healthy lifestyle and common sense eating for the whole family but in my head I can't eat a kit Kat (syns) and then convince my head I'm dieting...it's all psychological for me and a if im really honest suffering a bit makes me feel better (sounds twisted lol)
Xx

Hi Spanner,

Everyone in my office is doing SW too. They all bring in lunches to share. Ive already had some snide comments about putting it all back on. I would love to do SW and lose loads of weight but I'm like you, I lose a stone and then just stay the same for weeks on end. I just can't get my head around the free food and making a calorie deficit of 3000 cal per pound off. It just doesn't add up. Anyway, I do think it's a good healthy eating plan but doesn't help me with portion control. Everyone's different though and has to find their own diet that works. (At the moment) Exante is working for me.

Wow a stone in 18 days is fab! If I lose a stone in my first month I will be a happy bunny! Well done - keep going, it will be worth it.

Back