New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Thanks guys, I'm quite shocked to be honest. Lolly you are right- carbs obviously don't have the effect on me I thought they did!! Mind, I'm talking about carbs like pasta and rice, that's hardly a Dominoes pizza base!!

I'm dead annoyed today. My cousin, who will be the Maid of Honour at my wedding, is also doing SW. She is a bit bigger than me and has done really well so far losing 4-5lbs a week, I know she's been 100% and should be really proud of herself, I'm made up for her. Yet my mother seems to think that our weight losses should be compared and consistently makes me feel bad that I'm losing slower than she is.

She lost 4lb this week and I lost 3, the first thing my Mum said was that I need to keep an eye on what I'm eating! I was like, but I've still lost 3lb- I'm really happy with that; Constantly telling me that I need to step things up is really starting to get to me. She's got this preoccupation with red days....why aren't you just doing red days?? You'll lose way quicker doing that! Pam/Sue/Angela in our office lost 8lb a week doing red days!! FFS.

Anyway, other than that I'm pretty happy that I've lost a stone :D

Booo don't let them kill your buzz :( Your losses are amazing so far I only dream of losses like that I tend to only lose 0.5lb or 1lb at a time. A stone in such a short time is totally amazing and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!!

A lot of people do seem to think that green days are the slowest for weight loss, and it would make sense since I don't know of any other diet anywhere that you can eat unlimited carbs in any form nevermind all the different kinds you can have on SW :D It means that I am eating things that I enjoy and not living off of salad or tiny portions, I find it a bit amazing that it works at all to be honest! As long as the numbers are going down and you are eating things that you enjoy then don't worry about anyone else or what they think you should be eating.

Now go get some tiny chocolate croissants and celebrate your loss!! :D x

AND I want my blonde hair back godammit!!

I love your hair blond. You look stunning with it blond.

So I lost 3lb tonight :) Pretty happy with that!

I think I'm going to do a fish week next week, I really should eat more fish, so was thinking about going to my local fishmongers (miles away, still the nearest one!) and just asking how much fish he'll give me for £30!! I honestly know nothing about fish and if it was up to me to choose I'd get cod, haddock and prawns!!

I always lose well on a fish week and I always thought I did not like fish that much the first time I did it. But I do. I really enjoy it now and always buy salmon, rainbow trout, smoked haddock ( favourite) prawns and tuna.

I have enjoyed "getting to know you " through your diary.

Stick with it Jes, you are a very beautiful girl.

hugs xxxxx

Finally made it to your diary, largely cos I wanted to know how P52 was going: only to find you've bailed out!

And here's me still trying to clear out my junk, and thinking "I can't face going back to Jez if I fail".
Hmmm.

Anyway, it's great to see you're still well on track with the weight loss.
And I'm very glad that poos are your friends.

I'll keep lurking, then, if that's ok by you?

And here's me still trying to clear out my junk, and thinking "I can't face going back to Jez if I fail".
Hmmm.

There isn't a simile that depicts my feeling right now :eek:

Lurk away! The next post will probably be about how I've killed my OH and buried him in the garden. It'll be a good one!

Hi Jez, your diary has made me chuckle and get a bit teary in equal measure....I understand what you say about losing the way with looking after yourself, I too am a vintage queen.....bloody hard though when you get to a certain size.....and I thought all ladies were curvy in the 50's!!! Just not as curvy as us aye!!
Really nice to read the diary of a fellow drinker...love a glass of wine or five at the weekend, just hoping it doesn't effect my losses to much.......I think we started at exactly the same weight as well!! Good luck and I'll keep my eye on your diary. xx

Hi Jez, your diary has made me chuckle and get a bit teary in equal measure....I understand what you say about losing the way with looking after yourself, I too am a vintage queen.....bloody hard though when you get to a certain size.....and I thought all ladies were curvy in the 50's!!! Just not as curvy as us aye!!
Really nice to read the diary of a fellow drinker...love a glass of wine or five at the weekend, just hoping it doesn't effect my losses to much.......I think we started at exactly the same weight as well!! Good luck and I'll keep my eye on your diary. xx

Welcome Peacelove :) I'm sad to say that I've practically quit drinking since I've got into the diet but I shall make up for it next week when I have THREE parties to go to!

Good luck on your journey honey :D xx

Haha, thought I was the boss making fishcakes from scratch- put them in the pan to brown them before putting them in the oven and this happened:

ForumRunner_20120210_183525.jpg

Chippy it is. First chippy in 5 weeks, I feel pretty nervous!!

Just enjoy it! You deserve it and have all week to be good before next WI x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, I had boiled rice, chicken in oyster sauce and a cheeky prawn toast- 12 syns for the lot. I paid a few quid extra and got it from a restaurant instead of a chippy- at least it wasn't all deep fried! It was bloody lovely!

Back