New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Hi just read through your diary, here to follow; hope that's ok x

Hi Jez :D just popping in to say hi! I'm usually using minis on my phone so never see people's diary links in their sigs but I'm on the laptop and spotted yours so thought I'd have a perv :D

Loooooooove the platinum hair, get it back!!;)

Hello Tano and EP :D

My hair hadn't quite got to platinum on those photos EP, although looking at them I quite like my hair that colour and it wasn't in too bad condition in those days!!

I shall warn you all now that my diary gets pretty boring!

JezVonSavage said:

My hair hadn't quite got to platinum on those photos EP, although looking at them I quite like my hair that colour and it wasn't in too bad condition in those days!!

Hahahaha :) x

It's still lovely, the cut is really funky too :D I wish I had the right shaped head for a cut like that. Do you think my head will shrink when I've lost more weight???:D

My head has definitely got bigger as i've put weight on so yes, I'd imagine it would!!

I had a mowhawk when I was younger but as I gre w up I had to tone it down- my hair now is just a slightly sensible version of a hawk, if I wanted to put it up I could! And then I often have my quiff, so I don't have to be sensible all the time :D

Ah good, I might be able to wear hats when I get to target then!

All this talk of funky hair is making my hair look bad lol. Haven't had it cut since August, it's so expensive and I only trust my hairdresser with my hair so haven't had the guts to go somewhere cheap. Past experience has put me off of switching hairdressers! So I have poor student hair just now, no offence to students, but I'm rocking the messy up do a lot!

I just think hair is hair....it grows back. I've never been precious about it, hence why I so willingly shave it, haha.

Have you thought about going to a college to get your hair done? It's cheap as chips and they are all under the watchful eye of their tutor so if anything goes wrong they fix it. Plus if you want a colour doing it's buttons and they are all made up to be doing something other than a blue rinse :D

I'm in a foul mood today, I might actually kill someone. And I want to eat crisps!!

JezVonSavage said:
I just think hair is hair....it grows back. I've never been precious about it, hence why I so willingly shave it, haha.

Have you thought about going to a college to get your hair done? It's cheap as chips and they are all under the watchful eye of their tutor so if anything goes wrong they fix it. Plus if you want a colour doing it's buttons and they are all made up to be doing something other than a blue rinse :D

I'm in a foul mood today, I might actually kill someone. And I want to eat crisps!!

Haha yeah, I'm ok to bleach it knowing I could end up bald, but I don't trust someone else cutting it, weird! There is a salon at my college, maybe I'll give it a shot, just need the ends cut off and some funk put back into it!

You could get some low syn crisps, walkers baked are pretty low and feel like a real bag of crisps, not pretend like Skips :)

I ate some velvet crunch in the end! Might have to have a massive online rant in a bit. Awful day :(

Keep us updated on the hair x

Rant away Jez, it'll probably make you feel a lot better. Hope your day gets better :)

Xxx

Hi Jez, just read through your diary. It's a good read and you looked great as a blonde - never been brave enough for that myself !

sorry that you're having a bad day ...rant away, it usually helps. I find i just end up grumping at my self and then laughing at how ridiculous I sound but it always helps to put it all somewhere rather than bottle it all up

xx

Wow Pix can't believe you got through it all!

Today has just been one of those days. Had to be up at 3am to be on site for 5am. OH got a bit grumpy with me and we ended up having a massive 4am row about my work schedule. He really hates the way I have to work- we very rarely getting a whole weekend together, booking a holiday is a nightmare (the last few hols we have had have actually been me working and he just followed me about, we grabbed a few hours together while we could). So that's got my back up. Then I've just been a nark ALL DAY. It's freezing and I've been hopping about on buses, had all of my food by about 11 so just wanted to snack.

Found out that one of my best employees is leaving, i'm absolutely gutted. She's pretty young and came to me with big dreams and a lot of detirmination. I hired her because she didn't shy away from long hours or long-haul flights, she was single and still living at home so it didn't matter. Anyway, she came to tell me that she is leaving because of the long hours and the long-haul flights; she has finally met someone and they are talking about buying a house, work isn't her priority anymore. Had she come and told me this before applying elsewhere I could have easily reduced her hours, but she's found somewhere else to work and it seems she can't be swayed. We had a little chat and I told her that she had so much potential, I was trying to encourage her to give it a few more years and she could be top of her game and she responded by telling me she didn't want to end up like me- childless and one step away from being alone. Has she been speaking to my OH?? Hmmm.

I was supposed to go back to the office to get some admin work done but I've given up on it- I've come straight back home (luckily the dog had put the heating on so it was warm when I came in!). CBA doing anything, keep looking at the leftover cinnamon swirls OH made the other day and thinking one can't do any harm. I've resisted so far because I know 1 will lead to 3!

Not looking forward to OH coming home or going to work tomorrow. Even though I've been good I feel guilty and like I'm not going to do well at weigh in. Argh.

I'm going to become a hippie and live on a beach in Mykonos. Sod this going to work!!

Im nothing if not determined ...and bloody nosy too ;)

I think I'd be in a grump if I'd had a day like that too. I can especially relate to losing good people at work and if they can push a few buttons on the way out, albeit unintentionally, then it's grim. Why is it there are days which seem to hit us from all sides! Is there anything else you can do to cheer yourself up a bit - a guilty pleasure which doesnt involve all three cinnamon whirls ( my favourite pastry so I'm sure I'd have hoovered them up by now in your shoes ! )

sending a hug xx

Well i've cheered myself up a bit by reading the dating ads in yesterdays Metro. There are so many people compatible people in those ads, they all need to call each other! For example,

FAYE 43yr old, trendy fit loves fast cars and adventure. Seeking male to stay young with.

.....really needs to call...

Male 45, wants pillion passenger for Triumph Tiger, rides out, base meetings and tours. Are you up for it?

Other than that, I think my employee definitely meant to twist the knife with the lonely comments. Everyone presumes i'm unhappy because i'm childless?

Hello! I have just come across your diary and the dating adverts thing just made me laugh my head off!!!!! :D Sorry you're having such a crappy day. The comment your employee made sounds pretty uncalled for. It's your life and you can do what you want with it. Who is she to judge?

have a look on you tube at Smack the Pony's dating agency sketches ... hilarious, especially as some of them are so recognisable as people I've come across in my time on line! Im not telling which one I was though lol xx

Aww hun, you can come join my pity party today too! Rows with OH are my speciality at the moment too!

The comments from girl were harsh and cruel. Maybe she's young and needs to understand that not everyone has the sane goals. I'm 29 and the thought of buying a house and settling down freaks the hell out of me but I'd never tell her that I thought her life was cr@p!!! It's always hard when your protégée moves on, especially when you taught them stuff but maybe the comments just made it a bit easier in the long term?

If it helps you've made me want cinnamon swirls so I'm sharing your pain now! X

Your employee was just nasty Jez, better off without her if that's how she really feels!

She is definitely a protegee so I think that is why it's hard. She always reminded me of myself, but better, and I think I feel a bit sad that she could've done what I couldn't and she is choosing not to. Pushy mother syndrome, haha. I'm not bothered about what she said, had she said it before the argument with OH it wouldn't have impacted me so much, I just got a little paranoid. I wish her all the best and i've written her a fantastic reference, hopefully one day she'll read it and realise what she gave up on.

Had a loooong convo with OH tonight and pointed out that he may not like my hours but it doesn't stop him spending my wages. I'll give up my work hours if he wants to return all the stuff he's bought on credit. We bought a house last year and we are comfortable, it's a nice house that we got for a seriously knocked down price- in a few years all this work will pay off and we can enjoy things. My work could dry up at any moment- I'd rather pay things off while I can. He seemed to accept this but still had a titty lip on.

What has your OH been up to GTBSS?

Thanks for the grounding everyone xx

Back