New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Aw thanks Rosielea...it's not really as nice a job as everyone thinks, early monings, working all night, travelling to the exotic climes of London all the time....urgh.

It was good when I used to get to go to Ibiza for the weekend but those days are long gone!!

I understand what you mean about early hours and long days.

Nothing wrong with working in London. It has its interesting places but if you are just going down for work, it is difficult to go off and explore. I am sure when the economic situation change you'll be going to more exotic places again.

Although I do not live in London full-time these days, I go down on a regular basis to visit my parents. Also if I get a job with Olympics, then will be spending 6 months there.

Rosielea said:
I understand what you mean about early hours and long days.

Nothing wrong with working in London. It has its interesting places but if you are just going down for work, it is difficult to go off and explore. I am sure when the economic situation change you'll be going to more exotic places again.

Although I do not live in London full-time these days, I go down on a regular basis to visit my parents. Also if I get a job with Olympics, then will be spending 6 months there.

Yes we were discussing earlier that I just find London very lonely when i'm working. I used to have a bf there so I didn't mind it then, but now my OH is in Liverpool full time and when I go i'm on my own :( and it's so difficult to strike up a conversation, even the girls I work with in Chelsea aren't too keen to invite me for a drink whereas if they come to Liverpool they stay in my house and i'll do stuff with them. When I go there i'm on my own in a Premier Inn.

Unfortunately I chose to stop going abroad when I settled down with OH as he wasn't keen on me spending several weeks a year away. I now send one of my employees and to be fair they appreciate it more than I do! They are young free and single and don't have bills to worry about- they can go and enjoy themselves! I've had my time for all that, had to give up eventually :rolleyes:

Thanks for popping in Rosielea. What is it you'll be doing at the Olympics?? Sounds exciting xx

Wow Xanthe is such a cool name! I always wanted a cool name when I was a kid, everyone was called Laura so boring! Luckily in roller derby you get to choose a name so lolly savage it is ;-) ooh magical eyelashes! I want magical fluttering long eyelashes, and bigger lips too please while we are at it! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

London? Fair enough!

Know what you mean, it can be really lonely. And the big bars aren't what they're made out to be - I used to go to embassy, funky buddha, mahiki etc and it's just people hoping to spot someone famous (obvs not me of course...!), no real atmosphere or anything - it's about finding the hidden gems I guess!

From your revitalash review I'm thinking you should def be starting a make up advice thread you know? You love talking beauty and the OH im sure isnt as grateful for your gems as we would be - Who wouldn't love to pick the brains of a pro?! In fact I'll start you off - best brand for a chilli red lipstick? Orangey undertones. I'm finding a distinct lack in this area and want something to really pop! X

I take it you have already tried MAC Chilli? Personally, It's too orange for my liking and on some skintones looks like a really boring terracotta colour. My favourite orange based red is Illamasqua's Ignite Lipstick which is spot on (for me) colour wise but I'm yet to be convinced by the quality of the brand, especially for the price.

Or there is the cheap option of mixing 2 lippies together- you could try Coral Reef and Vixen by Sleek, cheap as chips and available on the highstreet but a really good quality, highly pigmented lipstick. Cut off the end of both of your lippies into a cleaned out vaseline tin and then hold over a lit tealight so they melt together, give a little stir and let it set. It'll take 10 minutes and you can add more red or orange as required :D Just don't let it boil or freeze, extremities in temperature will alter the consistency of the lipstick.

In my kit, I tend to only carry about 15 basic colours so I do a lot of mixing. I'm also a big fan of Lip Tar, both the coloured and clear variety which you can add ANY pigment to (like scraps of eyeshadow) and it turns it into a gloss. \bloody magical product if you ask me, devised by witches :D

Mmmm lip tar :drool: i have asked my bf for another couple of these for my bday :D I get a couple every bday/Xmas :D the only thing I dislike about them is the fact that they separate :mad: need to keep changing their position so they mix back together! But who cares, they last forever and have great pigmentation. This year I've asked for pageant and lofi *is excited* :D

Do you know what, I would never have thought of mixing two! Sounds obvious but just wouldn't occur! Right, the prospect of lipstick is making the thought of clothes shopping marginally less painful. Will let you know how I get on! X

Invest in one of these:
15 PCS 26mm Empty Eyeshadow Aluminum Pans with Palette | eBay

And treat yourself to a few new shades. Mix them up and fill your palette- custom lippies just for you!!! Sleek lippies are great for this as you can mix really vibrant colours with a neutral beige for a toned down "english rose" look ;)

EP- I 've got that many now I can't even remember what is what!! You sound like a proper product junkie- I bet you could give as much advice as me!!

Hi :)

Just catching up with your posts, I have to say I don't know the first thing about wearing makeup! Maybe when I'm thin and pretty I might start :)

R x

I bet you are already pretty- size has no affect on beauty!!

JezVonSavage said:
I bet you are already pretty- size has no affect on beauty!!

You're probably right but in my warped fashion I think that I won't be pretty until I'm thin, school and college bullies did that for me!

Tell a lie often enough and loud enough and people will believe it- that still doesn't make it true!

I've never had this problem tbh. I'm that girl who people say "You look great" too and I say "I Know". Confidence has never been an issue for me- start telling yourself the same!!

Besides those bullies probably haven't made anything of themselves x

Thank you, you're so right, I do still see some I'd then now, they do look dog rough and live off the state with no intention of changing their ways!

Hmmm....exactly. I consider myself very lucky to have NEVER been bullied, I wouldn't let anyone get away with that kind of behaviour. My OH was bullied something rotten at school and it worries me that if we have kids they will pick up his subservient gene (if that is the word for it) instead of my "Who the hell are you talking to" gene :rolleyes: Luckily, since meeting me, OH has started to stand up for himself a bit more.

Those people who bulled your are bloody morons and you are SO MUCH better than them!

JezVonSavage said:
EP- I 've got that many now I can't even remember what is what!! You sound like a proper product junkie- I bet you could give as much advice as me!!

I'm sort of obsessed. I wasn't into make up until much later than all my friends, I was like 18 before I started wearing it, and then I realised it was magical and it gave me so much self confidence so I got reeeeaally into it! I don't really think I'm an expert but I like helping people with make up because I want them to get what I got from it, magic facial correction and confidence lol I don't like seeing them with lippy on their teeth or blush in the wrong place :(

Good tip on the Sleek lippies! I have only just started wearing lipstick since my OH bought me a Mac one for Christmas. And now I no longer have bright red hair I think I could get away with a red one :) Oh I love makeup chat!

Chef you sound like proper MUA material to me :D For all the ranting I did about youtubers, I think it's great when people have a passion for makeup and want to help others, it's that fine line between help and handing out supposedly factual advice when you aren't qualified to do so!

I reccomend Sleek to everyone! It's actually a range developed for darker skin tones- "women of colour" I believe is how they market it, so their products have to be so much more pigmented than products for fair skin because they do a harder job. They do not disappoint, I don't think there is a single product in their range that (for the price) I wouldn't herald. Their eyeshadow palettes are FANTASTIC for £7 or whatever they charge, but you will need a primer with them because they stain!! I actually prefer Sleek palettes to Urban Decay ones :eek:

Maybe I'll get myself a YouTube channel lol

I have never tried sleek! I want the neon palette!

DOOOO IT!!

The Acid one? I love that but must admit I've used it once (for a fancy dress do :eek:). I should give it a bit more respect really.

Back