New York weather in mid-October ?

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Thining of booking a 5 day break in New York for next year in Mid October. Does anyone know what the weather is 'typical' for there at that time of year ?

Last time went was in early August and it was very hot and humid. :eek: Thinking Oct will be cooler but hopefully not too bad.! ?

Thanks x

No. Think of it as being on par with the UK, possibly a little colder even. Another of place on my list to visit!

Sorry I don't know either, just wanted to say have a fantastic trip and I'm sooooo jealous. New York is somewhere I'd love to go to. Perhaps if I drop enough hints my DH might treat me for my 40th.

New York is fab :D

Went last year for hubbys 50th and didnt manage to go visit all the things we wanted to (as it was really hot and humid then..Aug) so we were in and out of the drinks places. LOL.

Definitely want to go back, thats why thinking Oct may be a good time.! looking at the prices ( they are higher) looks like its a popular time to go though! so think a rethink is in order.

xx

Hi, i've been 7 times now, and still not done everything!!! The shopping always gets in the way of the sightseeing!

I went in October a couple of years ago, it was lovely weather. Perfect jacket weather, not cold enough for a proper coat, just something like a cardy or hoody.

October was really quiet when we went, so i'd recommend it for all the sightseeing stuff as there's less queues.

If you're looking for a bargain go in january, it's fab, my fave time to visit. All the sales are on in January so you can pick up Ralph Lauren jeans for about £10. We went in Jan last year and in 2005 and flights and hotels are very reasonable. The only downside is the weather, it was -16*c one day!! Wrap up warm and buy some earmuffs and you won't go wrong :D

Worst month for me was September, it had typical east coast humidity, teamed with the heat from the traffic and all the walking you end up doing I was sweaty for the entire trip :giggle:

Hope you enjoy your trip!! Wish I was going this year, it's the most amazing place.

Hx

It's pretty mild in October and early November, starts getting really cold towards the end of November. I've booked up to go back again at the beginning of December. Can't wait!!! I love New York!!!

LOL - now Nas, you have to explain exactly why you have them!!! :D

What do you wear them with?! lol
x

LOL..... you want the honest truth, ha ha

They were in one of those mix up bags u get in claires accessories..... lol knew theyd come in use one day... perfect for your trip x

Back