Newbie Alert! Bring on the info please!

The Big T

Hola,

My name is Sarah and today, I've been prescribed Xenical by my doctor.

I'm currently weighing at just under 18 stone for my 5ft 7 inches and I really really want to feel a bit better about myself.

I've read the sticky thingy by Piink (thanks muchly for the info) but I just wanted to be reassured by you lovely lot that it's achievable... soooooo with this in mind I wondered if you would all be lovely enough to share your initial week on the tablet with me? What foods work for you and how the devil you got on with the whole 5% thingy.

Really hope I make it girls, this is the last chance saloon for me :(

S xxx

Hola,

My name is Sarah and today, I've been prescribed Xenical by my doctor.

I'm currently weighing at just under 18 stone for my 5ft 7 inches and I really really want to feel a bit better about myself.

I've read the sticky thingy by Piink (thanks muchly for the info) but I just wanted to be reassured by you lovely lot that it's achievable... soooooo with this in mind I wondered if you would all be lovely enough to share your initial week on the tablet with me? What foods work for you and how the devil you got on with the whole 5% thingy.

Really hope I make it girls, this is the last chance saloon for me :(

S xxx

Heyup! Welcome Sarah... the first thing I did was set myself mini targets. I have broken my weightloss up into mini, acheivable targets. Its more attainable that way.

My first week... well I was scared sh**less really that well... I was going to have them! But nearly 4 weeks on and I've not had any side effects.

I have salads, healthy living meals from Asda/Tesco - I like quite a lot of WW meals too.

You can do it... there are some truly amazing losses on here.

Stick to as low a fat diet as possible and you should be grand.

Goodluck and keep us posted on how you are doing! :) xx

Thanks Jen Jen,
Sooooo convenience meals are good to go.... how about potatoes and rice etc?

Have you had any bum leakage? God thats such a personal question, sorry, its just its the one thing thats worrying me :ashamed0005:.

Thanks for your good lucks xxx

Hi there & welcome x

Personally, It had the opposite side effect for me at first :rolleyes: and I had a headache for a few days.

I have had no side effects since starting it late April/early May but thats cos I stick to the rules ;)

Good Luck!

LiSe Xx

hello & welcome
i have had no side effects so far i have stuck to the fat rule and have found i need to count calories as well last week was week 1 for me and i lost nothing but i have srated to loose this week. give it a go everyone on this site is so supportive and any concerns just ask someone normally knows the answer. i have had no probs with ricw potato or pasta. bread i can't have to much of.:D

Thanks Lise, I hope I can stick to the rules too.... Not sure I could cope with the effects otherwise :ashamed0005:!!

I was really worried about the side effects thing until I found this forum... thank god for you lot!
xx:family2:

Good luck on Xenical Sarah! Hope it works for you hun!

Hiya and welcome to the forum and good luck with starting on Xenical. Had a few tango moments after eating high fat on our wedding anniversary but no "leakage" to speak of and aside from having to come off it for a week with a bowel infection it's been great and ive now lost 10lbs in 3 weeks (only 2 on xenical!!) so here's hoping it works for you too :) xx

good luck hun were backing you all the way :eek:)

hey, welcome to the forum!

im also a bit new around here but everyones great and the 'bum leakage' question is only what everyone else wants to ask too lol....

i havent had any 'leakage' as you would call it but if i eat too much fat my stomach bubbles and groans and im SOOO windy (good job my hubby is an animal lol)

ive not found it hard to find foods that are ok to eat and can enjoy curries (weight watchers jars) and spag bol/chilli (using quorn mince and low fat sauces)

found pretzels are cool to eat too!

ive now lost 7lb in 3 n half weeks, purely with xenical, im not following WW or SW.

so it can happen! just watch yourself shrink like the rest of us lol

Back