newbie and confused

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by bunny_hops, 8 September 2010 Social URL.

1. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    hi guys,im a newbie and ive just started to look around here,im not sure what im doing yet or where i should be posting.my doctor gave me orlistat today,im not starting them until monday (my lad is 4 the weekend,having a party) so can anyone give me some pointers please? i also have no idea what i should be eating?i dont eat meat or fish and i dont get this 5g fat thing i keep reading :sigh: i feel happy that i could finally start to feel better about myself,but im just confused right now.im going for some blood tests tomorrow too.

really grateful for some help :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    Hello, and welcome :)
    I know how daunting it can be to start taking the tablets for the first time, but stick around here and you'll find all the advice you need to get you started, and all the support you'll need to keep you going.

First of all, have a look at this link http://www.minimins.com/xenical/98543-xenical-info-new-starters.html
    it explains all about the 5g rule, but do come back and ask us if you've still got questions after you've read it :)

Xenical works by eliminating a third of the fat in each meal you eat. Obviously this helps you lose weight, because your body is not using/storing that fat.
    However, the more fat you eat, the more likely you are to get side-effects because the amount of fat passing through your body is greater, if that makes sense.
    That's why it's important to stick to less than 15g of fat per meal and to stick to foods that contain less than 5g total fat per 100g.

Also, have a look around the diary section and see what other people are eating. Being a vegetarian isn't a problem - in fact, it helps in a way, as a lot of meats and some fish are quite high in fat!

Hope this helps...please keep posting if you're still not sure what you should/shouldn't be doing.
    x

4. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    just wanted to say hello and welcome.
    im sure as most of us will admit, its all a little confusing when you start. but as soon as you get used to reading the labels of everything. then im sure you will get the hang of things too!!

good luck, and keep posting!

5. KittyBling

KittyBling Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Every Other Day Diet
    ^^^The girlies have said it all so I'll just say hello, welcome and good luck.

KB

6. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    welcome to xenical :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.