newbie and confused

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
hi guys,im a newbie and ive just started to look around here,im not sure what im doing yet or where i should be posting.my doctor gave me orlistat today,im not starting them until monday (my lad is 4 the weekend,having a party) so can anyone give me some pointers please? i also have no idea what i should be eating?i dont eat meat or fish and i dont get this 5g fat thing i keep reading :sigh: i feel happy that i could finally start to feel better about myself,but im just confused right now.im going for some blood tests tomorrow too.

really grateful for some help :)

Hello, and welcome :)
I know how daunting it can be to start taking the tablets for the first time, but stick around here and you'll find all the advice you need to get you started, and all the support you'll need to keep you going.

First of all, have a look at this link http://www.minimins.com/xenical/98543-xenical-info-new-starters.html
it explains all about the 5g rule, but do come back and ask us if you've still got questions after you've read it :)

Xenical works by eliminating a third of the fat in each meal you eat. Obviously this helps you lose weight, because your body is not using/storing that fat.
However, the more fat you eat, the more likely you are to get side-effects because the amount of fat passing through your body is greater, if that makes sense.
That's why it's important to stick to less than 15g of fat per meal and to stick to foods that contain less than 5g total fat per 100g.

Also, have a look around the diary section and see what other people are eating. Being a vegetarian isn't a problem - in fact, it helps in a way, as a lot of meats and some fish are quite high in fat!

Hope this helps...please keep posting if you're still not sure what you should/shouldn't be doing.
x

just wanted to say hello and welcome.
im sure as most of us will admit, its all a little confusing when you start. but as soon as you get used to reading the labels of everything. then im sure you will get the hang of things too!!

good luck, and keep posting!

welcome to xenical :D

Back