newbie !! day one. Help

showdolly

hi all,
i have decided to stop killing myself with a knife and fork and take the plunge and do something about my very unheathly lifestyle.
i really need to do this and stick to the diet. the pounds have crept on and i have decided to take control and tell my body that i am now in charge.
i weigh 290 pounds and need to lose a lot of that!
my goal for this first week is to stick to the diet 100 percent without cheating. i hopefully will be rewarded with a big surprise.

i would like to lose at least 20 pounds this month, and i aim to have lost a total of 50 pounds by the first of april.
Guys i need all the encouragement i can get, please help! i will update u of my progress.
discovered this diet yesterday and placed my order yesterday, hope to get my packs today, so will drink water and may be have an atkins shake if i feel hungry before they arrive.
i will do this!!

Welcome to Exante.

The first few days are the hardest but its worth it.

Dont have an Atkins shake though, theres no benefit at all to them, if anything have something high in protein and low in carbs, but hopefully your delivery will arrive before you need to worry :)

Hi showdolly

I'm a newbie too. Started three days ago & managing to stick to it ok. Feeling a little lighter already so
if you are as determined as you sound & keep to the plan I'm sure you will see benefits quickly.

Joining you tommorow and those losses I hope for the same wanted to start today but my delivery isn't here yet was due yesterday and called them today but they said will deffo be today x

I'm with you I have about 7 stone to loose but agree smaller goals will get us there x x

Hi Showdolly,

As Starlight said the first few days are the hardest, after that you will be fine, just keep positive and the pounds will fall off.

I started 4 weeks ago and its the best thing i have ever done and am now 35lbs lighter for it and counting.... and the good part is I havent had to join any Gyms or do radical exercise either. Im Loving it...

Goodluck to you on your weightloss journey.

welcome and all the luck in the world sent your way! I started 2 weeks ago - messed up and started properly again on monday - first few days are tough but the results at the end are well worth it! I shifted a stone in 2 weeks but no support (had not told anybody or joined this forum) so you can defo do it :)

Well done on your determination. You will invariably have days in which you struggle to get through and when they occur always focus on your goal and your reasons as outlined in your opening post.

Love Myr

Hey :) Good luck!! The first few days are tough, but I found after that I had much more energy, and felt good knowing that I was doing something right! I stuck to it for a month and lost 39lbs, and am restarting today after a week off, so anything is possible if you put your mind to it :) Hope your first week goes well, and if you're struggling, come on here and talk to people, it really does help :)

Hi Showdolly, as everyone has said on here this diet does work , Ive lost 17lbs in 3 weeks and hoping to get to the 20lbs loss on tuesday weigh in. I have found the support on her immensely supportive and probably by now I would have had a few cheats if I hadnt been supported by all forum members . Big weigh losses can be achieved , by sticking 100% and drinking plenty of water . Dont forget to measure yourself too this is where i have seen results when i think its not going well .
Good Luck x

Welcome to exante, the next few days won't be easy but it is so worth it.. Keep on the forum as we are all here to help each other. XX

steeleee said:
Hey :) Good luck!! The first few days are tough, but I found after that I had much more energy, and felt good knowing that I was doing something right! I stuck to it for a month and lost 39lbs, and am restarting today after a week off, so anything is possible if you put your mind to it :) Hope your first week goes well, and if you're struggling, come on here and talk to people, it really does help :)

You've done so well Steeleee! I'm restarting today after two days of eating due to having visitors. Not looking forward to the first few days but know the end result will be worth it!! I so want to get into the 16s!!

How did your first day back on it go?

X

I'm a newbie too. Lets start this journey together

hi all,
i have decided to stop killing myself with a knife and fork and take the plunge and do something about my very unheathly lifestyle.
i really need to do this and stick to the diet. the pounds have crept on and i have decided to take control and tell my body that i am now in charge.
i weigh 290 pounds and need to lose a lot of that!
my goal for this first week is to stick to the diet 100 percent without cheating. i hopefully will be rewarded with a big surprise.

i would like to lose at least 20 pounds this month, and i aim to have lost a total of 50 pounds by the first of april.
Guys i need all the encouragement i can get, please help! i will update u of my progress.
discovered this diet yesterday and placed my order yesterday, hope to get my packs today, so will drink water and may be have an atkins shake if i feel hungry before they arrive.
i will do this!!

Love your post. I have started today with my own shakes till Exante arrives on Monday fingers crossed. I have 60 lbs or so to lose. My newish hubblie is gorgeous although he doesn't know it and I want to walk by his side with pride but I also want to do it for myself too, even more so. I want to have energy to enjoy things. Let us know how you progress

Good luck with your journey hun, yes its hard, but totally worth it....look out for self-sabotage, thats my worst thing xxx

I'm a newbie who has restarted but I ain't this time after seeing a friend of mine (male) loose 3 stone in 5 weeks!!! I know men can loose quicker but I think if an ex larger lout takeaway eater can do it so can I..... And he does look quite good. He just said the first week is hardest but it does ease and he only now has odd days where he thinks he could eat something and as they say it isn't forever eventually you will introduce a healthier way back into your lifestyle x

challenge 1- 42lbs for June 20th 42lbs to go

Back