newbie !! day one. Help

Hi (wave)

I tell you what my sweet, I started this diet four weeks ago and have gone from 15.5 stones to 13.4. Yesterday I tried on some old clothes that I packed away years ago with tears in my eyes because I looked fantastic in them again. I feel myself coming back more and more every single day. Your skin will be softer, your body will shrink literally every morning you look in the mirror, you will want to style your hair and put on perfume and makeup and start to browse your catalogue for the things you eventually intend to wear. Your soul will return every day and you can proudly have a beautiful nights sleep thinking you are safely on your journey who you want and are meant to be. We are all here to support each other. After that first day, it's a piece of....tiddle xxxx

derbyshiregirl said:
Hi (wave)

I tell you what my sweet, I started this diet four weeks ago and have gone from 15.5 stones to 13.4. Yesterday I tried on some old clothes that I packed away years ago with tears in my eyes because I looked fantastic in them again. I feel myself coming back more and more every single day. Your skin will be softer, your body will shrink literally every morning you look in the mirror, you will want to style your hair and put on perfume and makeup and start to browse your catalogue for the things you eventually intend to wear. Your soul will return every day and you can proudly have a beautiful nights sleep thinking you are safely on your journey who you want and are meant to be. We are all here to support each other. After that first day, it's a piece of....tiddle xxxx

That is such a beautiful way of framing what is possible if we do not succumb to self-sabotage. Thank you. I'm going to print that and post on my fridge. I restart tomorrow and I always talk myself into giving up. X

Hiya I'm a newbie - well I will be tomorrow. I have just spent the last hour looking through this site and I think its going to be a life saver to me. All the weight losses and pictures are great. In 2005 I lost 6 stone on lighterlife and I have gradually put most of the weight back on. I am expecting a tough few days but I hope to get through them. Gillian

Hi I'm hoping to receive delivery of my first bumper pack hopefully it will be the start of the new me, I hope your first day goes well. Hannah

Another newbie to Exante here. Starting tomorrow. Lost a lot of weight last year but have been yoyoing with the same stone for the last 5 months or so. Hoping Exante will help me take back control again as I've been feeling like it's kinda taking over again. Hoping the headaches and such won't be too bad, can cope with hunger but am a wuss with pain, lol!

Good luck anyway! x

-Tally- said:
Another newbie to Exante here. Starting tomorrow. Lost a lot of weight last year but have been yoyoing with the same stone for the last 5 months or so. Hoping Exante will help me take back control again as I've been feeling like it's kinda taking over again. Hoping the headaches and such won't be too bad, can cope with hunger but am a wuss with pain, lol!

Good luck anyway! x

I am the opposite can get over a headache etc but hate being hungry I start today was going to yesterday but had a lot on etc today is the day

challenge 1- 42lbs for June 20th 42lbs to go

First step!

So I have just taken the first step and ordered the bumper pack! I have tried CD & LL before but never stuck to it. I know I'm going to find this difficult and make my husbands life a misery with my grumpy mood lol but I have to give it one last go! I'll be logging into here regularly for motivation :) wish me luck! xx

jacobsmummy1 said:
So I have just taken the first step and ordered the bumper pack! I have tried CD & LL before but never stuck to it. I know I'm going to find this difficult and make my husbands life a misery with my grumpy mood lol but I have to give it one last go! I'll be logging into here regularly for motivation :) wish me luck! xx

With you all the way I'm the same easy give up!!! Lol

challenge 1- 42lbs for June 20th 42lbs to go

You will find this forum a brilliant source of motivation. If you have been on a VLCD before you will remember the first few days of headaches & nausea are the worst, Keep with it and keep coming on here for support & advice. Good luck x

Hi everyone! Packs have arrived this morning so it's now or never! (already had those niggling "shall I start tomorrow instead" thoughts creeping in!). I've seen the list of what we can drink posted by 'starlight' but still have to ask this lol.... Can I drink my usual tetley morning cuppa? xx

Hi everyone! Packs have arrived this morning so it's now or never! (already had those niggling "shall I start tomorrow instead" thoughts creeping in!). I've seen the list of what we can drink posted by 'starlight' but still have to ask this lol.... Can I drink my usual tetley morning cuppa? xx

Aw, sorry hun, but black tea isn't allowed :(

I'm with you on that one - I'm halfway through day two and I'd kill for a cuppa!!!

Bummer :( black coffee it is then, will just have to pinch my nose! Thank god for sweeteners! How are you finding the soups & bars? I've had my first shake and tbh if I hadn't read the pack I wouldn't have been sure it was strawberry! Not very flavoursome but bearable. I'm going to b in big trouble if the soups aren't very nice :( xx

I hope so :) I'll add a pinch of salt if needed! I had my first shake 3.5 hours ago and have a stinking headache and dizziness already, is it normal this early on? I'm just having a coffee now in case it's a bit of dehydration. I've tried the orange water flavouring but find it a bit chemical tasting as if I'm chewing on paracetamol if that makes any sense??? Must stop moaning and try harder lol! xx

I've never found just that 1 cuppa makes any difference :) No sugar though lol x
Don't put it off - the first few days are hard but then it's pretty easy as long as you stick with it 100% And the weight does just melt away. If you feel tempted 'window' shop online for some new clothes that you'll be able to get into soon :D

My headaches started very quickly too. Just keep up the fluid intake & have some paracetamol if you are ok taking them x

I hope so :) I'll add a pinch of salt if needed! I had my first shake 3.5 hours ago and have a stinking headache and dizziness already, is it normal this early on? I'm just having a coffee now in case it's a bit of dehydration. I've tried the orange water flavouring but find it a bit chemical tasting as if I'm chewing on paracetamol if that makes any sense??? Must stop moaning and try harder lol! xx

Try not to add salt as this can make you retain water - chilli, herbs etc can liven the soups up. I find the shakes a bit bland but it's ok to add a few drops of flavouring like extra vanilla, coffee etc. The vanilla and choc shakes are nice hot too.
Lots of people do get dehydrated the first week even when they drink all the water due to the diuretic effect of the cut in carbs so just take it easy and make sure you drink around 3litres. This balances out in a few days and the trips to the loo lessen a bit. The headache is usually down to carb withdrawal and shouldn't last more than 1 day if you're drinking enough - paracetamol or ibuprofen are fine to take. Keep it up, once the first few days are over you'll feel much better :)

OH MY GOD!!!! I'm only 2 packs in n I'm weakening already!!!! I've thought about food non-stop for the last hour! If I hadn't just spent £110 on a months supply I'd have fallen off the wagon already! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

jacobsmummy1 said:
OH MY GOD!!!! I'm only 2 packs in n I'm weakening already!!!! I've thought about food non-stop for the last hour! If I hadn't just spent £110 on a months supply I'd have fallen off the wagon already! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

You haven't though so well done xxx have you an hobby ???

Try and distract yourself jm or drink some water. Once the first few days are over the rest of the week will get easier particularly as you start to feel the weight come of. Keep with it x

Back