newbie !! day one. Help

I know it's what everyone says and you may not want to hear it again but: drink lots of water ;)
It may not stop the hunger at this early stage but it will help with any yukky feelings. And you're almost through day 1 - distract yourself whatever it takes. Find a film to watch, have a bath, go to bed early if you need to, get a couple of good books to read as that can really help too. Do anything other than give in, it will pass in another couple of days and you will be so glad you stuck with it!

Thanks guys :) I am going to put the little one to bed and then retire with a book!! I'll need to stock up my library! Day one nearly over Yey :D xx

Well done getting through day 1, day 2 nearly over for me hopping for another good day tomorrow.

Lovelyjoolz said:
Aw, sorry hun, but black tea isn't allowed :(

I'm with you on that one - I'm halfway through day two and I'd kill for a cuppa!!!

Who said you couldn't have black tea? You are allowed it :S

Ooo I am confused. Are you not supposed to have black tea? I have been drinking it as hate coffee ?? Hate to think now I have spent the last 5 days doin it wrong!!

Day 2!

Well I've just had my last pack of the day and so far I'm up for another day tomorrow! I just wish in hindsight that I hadn't ordered the pack with the bars in as I hate them with a passion!! Just hope I can manage another 3.5 weeks with one a day :sign0137:
Can anyone tell me how fast you lost dress sizes with this diet? Also have weight losses been consistent? Its just ive seen a few peoples posts where they have recorded their weight losses and in weeks 2/3/4 etc they are only losing 3lb a week and for such a drastic diet this does not seem a lot, could prob do that on SW.... I guess what I really am asking is that if i do not cheat and do this 100% will i get good results? I think id be gutted to only lose 3lb on 600 calories a day x

jacobsmummy1 said:
Well I've just had my last pack of the day and so far I'm up for another day tomorrow! I just wish in hindsight that I hadn't ordered the pack with the bars in as I hate them with a passion!! Just hope I can manage another 3.5 weeks with one a day :sign0137:
Can anyone tell me how fast you lost dress sizes with this diet? Also have weight losses been consistent? Its just ive seen a few peoples posts where they have recorded their weight losses and in weeks 2/3/4 etc they are only losing 3lb a week and for such a drastic diet this does not seem a lot, could prob do that on SW.... I guess what I really am asking is that if i do not cheat and do this 100% will i get good results? I think id be gutted to only lose 3lb on 600 calories a day x

It depends what size you are the smaller you are the less you need to lose to go down a dress size but for middleman sizes 14/16/18 it's about a size a stone I think so a size a month roughly

DustQueen said:
It depends what size you are the smaller you are the less you need to lose to go down a dress size but for middleman sizes 14/16/18 it's about a size a stone I think so a size a month roughly

Middleman? Stupid autocorrect
Middle-ish

Thanks DustQueen. A month seems a loooooong way away lol but fingers crossed I'll get there! I'll be happy with a size 14 (currently 18) so hopefully I won't have to be on this diet too long! Only on day 2 but already worrying about maintaining! I havent told anyone (apart from hubby) that i am on this diet this time around as all i got last time was lectrure after lecture saying ill plonk it all back on plus more once i start eating. I am quite scared.... to be fair, even if i lost 2lb a week slow and steady id still pile it back on if i went back to how i have been so i dont really see a difference in how fast i lose it?? sorry, im rambling now!!

jacobsmummy1 said:
Thanks DustQueen. A month seems a loooooong way away lol but fingers crossed I'll get there! I'll be happy with a size 14 (currently 18) so hopefully I won't have to be on this diet too long! Only on day 2 but already worrying about maintaining! I havent told anyone (apart from hubby) that i am on this diet this time around as all i got last time was lectrure after lecture saying ill plonk it all back on plus more once i start eating. I am quite scared.... to be fair, even if i lost 2lb a week slow and steady id still pile it back on if i went back to how i have been so i dont really see a difference in how fast i lose it?? sorry, im rambling now!!

Just take it a day at a time and you'll get there soon :)

Don't worry about putting it all back on, and it really doesn't depend on how fast you lose the weight. Obviously if you come off any diet and start eating the way you did before then you will gain. If you do the stabilisation plan from the exante site and
you retrain yourself to eat differently then you can keep it off. I always regained till I did the maintenance properly and now am not worried about it. You will have to give up a few things but it's well worth it :) And that's coming from a former bread and crisp junkie ;)

Karazykat07 said:
Starlight this is my first day on Exante rather than LT.
Must say the bars and soups and choice of flavours looks good to me.
Just checking with the postings about tea, am i still ok to have Peppermint tea? I got so used to that, i drink it now even when not doing VLCD. Thanks x

Yep that's fine too :) the rule is leaf tea yes, fruit tea no :)

Back