newbie facing many challenges

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time Caz. I hope the tests shed some light on it. Forget about watching the calories for now, do whatever you need to to get thru the next few days till you're feeling better x

Thanks guys,

I'm sure it'll be fine. It's bound to just be straightforward constipation and water. At worst my thyroid, I've wondered about that for a while cos I have all the signs but it's never shown in a blood test so probably not.

I'm mostly frustrated that I have to put up with it til the test results come back. I know it's the sensible thing to do, rather than jump in with treatment that could cause more problems, but I've been feeling grotty for weeks and I just want to deflate a bit asap lol. Stick a fork in me please! I shouldn't moan cos many people struggle with terrible health problems without a complaint in sight, yeah - that's not me lol.

I think I'm just annoyed cos when you do so much to set yourself straight and try to be healthier, well you expect to feel better don't you? not worse :rolleyes: Also seeing my weight go up is gutting.

Right, moaning over, hypochondria attack over - normal business will resume asap lol. I just need to get through the next week, hopefully it won't be any longer than that.

Thanks for listening (reading? lol)

Caz x

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a worrying time of it, Caz. You've been doing so well, it's just not fair! I hope you get some answers soon! :)

I'm going into hospital on Friday for my knee replacement, so if I go quiet you'll know why, lol. Take care. :) xx

Good luck Tracy!

Went for my tests this morning and results should be back Monday apparently.

I decided to continue weighing in, even though it's probably not accurate. So, this week I have gained 1 1/4 lbs - hey ho, can't be helped.

Caz x

Thank you!

Caz x

Thanks hun, I'll be back and let you know the results as soon as I get them.

I am not doing well diet wise, I know I said I wouldn't be being as strict but hubby took that as an excuse to spoil me and went totally overboard. He said I needed cheering up and he bought me a big box of my favourite chocolates, black magic AND a twin pack of GU melt in the middle chocolate puddings!! :eek:

In all honesty I could have cried. There are sooooo many calories in them, more than 400 each for the puds!! And 100 cals for TWO chocs! BUT if I said thanks but no thanks he would have been so upset and put off ever doing anything thoughtful again!

The only way I can get around it is to push as many chocs onto him and DS as possible and to get him to eat the second pudding. He has agreed when I said they were so lovely I wanted him to have the other one BUT that I would look forward to maybe another one on my birthday because they are so rich they should be saved for special occasions.

I think I managed to avoid sounding ungrateful.

Saying that the pud was bloody gorgeous!

As soon as I'm feeling AT ALL better I'm going to be back at this diet 100% Exercise too once i've got rid of some of this swelling. I need to still think about what I'm eating even if I'm not being quite as strict about a few more calories and a bit more fat. I didn't intend to throw my diet out of the window though, just have the odd biscuit or a bit of cheese or something, not huge quantities of chocolate lol.

I think it's a good sign I'm having to be guilted into eating chocolate rather than asking him to get me some lol.

It's going to take me at least a week to get back to what I weighed last Thursday as it is though.
:cry::break_diet:
Caz x

Last edited:
Bless him - what a lovely, naughty boy ;) Don't feel too bad about a treat when you're poorly hun :) x

Thanks hun, that's what he says too. In his words there's plenty of time to tackle my weight when we know what's wrong. I must admit, even without his encouragement I would probably still be comfort eating. It's not just feeling so rotten, it's the worrying about why I'm feeling so rotten.

If I know what's up I can have a moan about it and then get on with doing whatever I need to do to feel better. Not knowing just stresses me out and I turn into a raving hypochondriac! I even annoy myself lol.

Really, whatever is going on I would benefit from eating healthy and exercising! I just feel too poo to do it.

Right, I'm going to shut up now lol.

Caz x

Hoe u doing x

I'm ok thanks hun. Really nice of you to ask. I'm still nervous but I've started feeling a little bit better. I'm seriously starting to think it's my body going into some sort of rebellion from the diet. I've been quite naughty the past few days and ironically I'm picking up a bit. The swelling's still bad though.

Not long and i'll get my results then I can get my mind off it.

How are you hun?

I'm ok thanks hun. Really nice of you to ask. I'm still nervous but I've started feeling a little bit better. I'm seriously starting to think it's my body going into some sort of rebellion from the diet. I've been quite naughty the past few days and ironically I'm picking up a bit. The swelling's still bad though. Not long and i'll get my results then I can get my mind off it. How are you hun?

Bless ya, bodies are so unpredictable at times aren't they! It's awful waiting for results, but hopefully once you get them you can make a plan of action of what to do!
I'm good thank you :) it's a flipping awful day though so windy and rainy x

Thanks hun,

You've hit the nail on the head there, it's the waiting driving me up the wall...and turning me into a total hypochondriac!

I know something's wrong but it could be so many thing, big or small that I don't know how to tackle it yet so I'm in a kind of limbo.

If I felt a bit better I could keep myself busy and distract myself but I feel too rough still to get on with much.

Glad you're well, well done again on your loss this week.

I don't mind the grotty weather, I'm all snuggled up at home lol. Not much fun if want to go out, or have to.

Caz x

Wow! That was quick!

Test results back and thankfully I'm fine. Nothing has shown up and she's prescribing water tablets so hopefully i'll start to feel better pretty quickly. I'm so pleased I won't have to worry over the weekend. Good old NHS!

It's bizarre, I've been eating quite a bit of rubbish the past few days and my body seems to be starting to work again. I'm going to the loo anyway!

It's really got me thinking that my body has just been struggling to cope with the huge changes I've made. If you think about it people often feel physically dreadful when they make big changes like stopping smoking, giving up sugar or carbs etc etc. You often feel worse before you feel better. I expect that's all that's going on with me.

So I really am going to relax about my diet a bit. Do it more gradually to give my body chance to adjust so I don't feel as rough all the time. I prob won't lose much while I'm making the changes slowly, but it's better to let my body adjust slowly than make myself ill.

It's disappointing cos I really did want to turn my life around overnight but I can see that's just not sensible. It's enough that I have given up the cannabis, smoking and bingeing. Now I need to stop the junk and be sensible. I discovered that as soon as I started on that chocolate hubby bought me I started to pick up. So I'm going to get some green and black's 70% cocoa and have just a couple of squares a day. The odd biscuit if I want it and I'm going to allow myself normal cheese a couple of times a week. I'm staying on semi skimmed milk and normal cottage cheese instead of it all being fat free stuff.

I don't expect to lose much (and if I do it will be water weight probably) but for now it's about feeling healthier and hopefully I will be able to start exercising again too. Then if I'm not losing anything, once I'm feeling better, I will gradually change one thing at a time to fat free, lower cal etc.

Let's see if THAT works! lol

Thanks for all your support everyone and sorry I've been such a moaning Minnie.

Caz x

Glad to hear your bloods were all ok Caz, hopefully the water tablets will sort you out. I think you're right to relax things a bit. You've done so well so far, there's no point making yourself feel grotty all the time otherwise you'll give up altogether.

Thank you!

I can't believe they came back so quick! Or that the dr actually rang me straight away. I must admit my heart skipped cos they never normally do that. Normally you ring them and they only contact you if something's wrong. I guess it's cos I needed the water tablets but my word I panicked for a few seconds lol.

I don't think I will lose if I just eat sensibly, but you never know. I might. If I don't I can make changes later on...slowly though!

I was struggling being that strict anyway. Plus if I feel better I can exercise more and then the few extra calories might not matter. Whatever happens, I have my plan of action and that's all I can ask for right now. The rest's just wait and see.

Caz x

Wow! That was quick! Test results back and thankfully I'm fine. Nothing has shown up and she's prescribing water tablets so hopefully i'll start to feel better pretty quickly. I'm so pleased I won't have to worry over the weekend. Good old NHS! It's bizarre, I've been eating quite a bit of rubbish the past few days and my body seems to be starting to work again. I'm going to the loo anyway! It's really got me thinking that my body has just been struggling to cope with the huge changes I've made. If you think about it people often feel physically dreadful when they make big changes like stopping smoking, giving up sugar or carbs etc etc. You often feel worse before you feel better. I expect that's all that's going on with me. So I really am going to relax about my diet a bit. Do it more gradually to give my body chance to adjust so I don't feel as rough all the time. I prob won't lose much while I'm making the changes slowly, but it's better to let my body adjust slowly than make myself ill. It's disappointing cos I really did want to turn my life around overnight but I can see that's just not sensible. It's enough that I have given up the cannabis, smoking and bingeing. Now I need to stop the junk and be sensible. I discovered that as soon as I started on that chocolate hubby bought me I started to pick up. So I'm going to get some green and black's 70% cocoa and have just a couple of squares a day. The odd biscuit if I want it and I'm going to allow myself normal cheese a couple of times a week. I'm staying on semi skimmed milk and normal cottage cheese instead of it all being fat free stuff. I don't expect to lose much (and if I do it will be water weight probably) but for now it's about feeling healthier and hopefully I will be able to start exercising again too. Then if I'm not losing anything, once I'm feeling better, I will gradually change one thing at a time to fat free, lower cal etc. Let's see if THAT works! lol Thanks for all your support everyone and sorry I've been such a moaning Minnie. Caz x

I'm so glad to hear that hun :) also have to say don't worry About the stuff you said about eating, I eat all the things and I've still lost weight, Lord I eat pizza pretty much once a week!! If you could see my food diary and another girl on here stackhead if you can find her diary, we still eat 'bad stuff' but we have both lost weight, she has lost 84lbs! And I think our friend Tracy also said she ate chocolate everyday and she lost 10stone! It's more about making sure you stay in your calories at first, even if that be eating 3 chocolate bars then having a run to even it out lol, once you get the hang of staying in Calories and the weight comes down gradually healthy choices will come more easily and your stomach will get smaller as you lower calories, when I started I was having like 500 calories breakfast and 800 for lunch and I was starving all day, but now most days are like today where I have had 650 calories for breakfast & lunch combined! You will get there just go at your own pace :) xxx

Back