Newbie - First time on CD - Buddies

1st time on CD - am I in ketosis?

Hi this is my 1st time on CD and im 2 days in - I have a headache and a bad taste in my mouth, is this ketosis or is it too soon?

I have struggled a bit today questioning whether or not i can go without "proper" food. Dont want to give in - any tips out there for getting through this first week?

Tina

Tina it sounds like you are in ketosis. I am only on day 8 but I can promise you if you can get through the next couple of days you will start to feel much better! By day 4 I felt fantastic! The hunger seems to fade and I just felt like everything in my body was working much better! Stick with it girl cos when you get on the scales at your first weigh in it will all be worth it!

Tracey xx

Hi. I am starting CD today. I did it back in 2009 and lost 4s. Now I am back wanting to loose the same by mid November! I am on 810kcal as I have a high BMI. Will I make it? I have 12s to loose all in all but I have smaller goals....

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, I have 10stone to lose-it seems a very daunting task! I'm due to start CD on Thursday 1st sep- I've never tried the diet before, but my friend (who's going to be my consultant) has lost 7 and a half stone! She looks fab! Best of luck to you, I'm sure we can do it if we want it enough!

Hi this is my 1st time on CD and im 2 days in - I have a headache and a bad taste in my mouth, is this ketosis or is it too soon?

I have struggled a bit today questioning whether or not i can go without "proper" food. Dont want to give in - any tips out there for getting through this first week?

Tina

Hey Tina, I haven't started the diet yet, but here are a few tips I'm going to use to keep me going....

*a pic of me in my underwear (yeuch should be enough to put ANYONE off their food!lol)in my kitchen/bedroom etc to remind me why I'm doing this
*a list of reasons why I hate being fat, and a reminder of the things I'd be able to do/enjoy if I was slimmer
*a pic of me ten years ago when I was slim, attractive and HAPPY to remind me how I used to feel and how much I want to be there again!

Hope this helps, and best of luck!! :)

I'm on day 12, must admit I have struggled today. So I got my husband to take a picture of me in a dress he brought me for my birthday way back in February. I've never been able to wear it as it as tight as a 2nd skin, every time I weaken I will look at it to remind me of the little steps I need to take x

Hi everyone - I think everyone has doubts about whether they are doing the right thing - it seems quite drastic not to have food when we are in this position from letting food get the better of us for so long, but I have to say I am in week 3 now and finding it quite liberating not to have to think about food, the way that you do with normal diets always having to make choices and compromises (and in my case kidding myself quite a bit too) - now I don't life is just simpler somehow and I feel "in control" because it is a choice I am making. I think it is all about state of mind, I'm sure you will all be fine, I think it's a very positive step to list the things you are looking forward to doing and having forward goals, and don't forget the forum to keep you motivated!!

Thanks Nette x

I have a query that just p****d me off (again!)

In the CD manual I have been given on 810 calories a day one of the meals you are allowed to have is pulses, more specifically chick peas. Loving chick peas I made a green salad with a cup of chick peas in. Anyway further on in the manual there is a section about various holidays and suggested menus to combine with CD, duting the Easter period menu it says you can eat pulses with green salad and then at the bottom it says a note that eating pulses takes you out of ketosis and therefore minimizes weight loss!!!

Is this so, meaning that I am not in ketosis mode?

Anyone know?

I too am staring SS soon. I am waiting on my supply to come in the mail and should be here today or tomorrow. I am really ready to shed the pounds, but am affraid that my bubble will burst when I actually get into it. What is the hardest day for all so far?

Hi - how has everyones weigh-in gone this week? - now just lost over a stone in the month exactly so quite on track, and feeling fairly OK about sticking to it) Also started the 30 day shred today for a bit of extra motivation,:p so will have to see if that helps as well;)

Hi, sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but please can you tell me what the 30 day shred is??!!lol

Hi Adipose - Its the Jilliam Michaels fitness DVD from "Biggest Loser" - bought it on Amazon for about £5 - lots of posts on here about well it works if you do a search - I like it 'cos it's only 20 minutes so is a bit easier to fit in than an hour or a class which is near impossible where I live in the countryside, and I also have to walk the dogs - but man am I aching today!! Still determined to keep it up - apparently is v.good for "bingo wings" !!!

:talk017:

Hi Nuttynats, i am on day 9 of ss+. I lost 12 1bs on my first weigh in . The first few days are the hardest but stick at it cause this diet really does work.. Im finding now on day 9 that food doesnt really interest me ... never ever felt like this before its great...
Hope your first wk goes well for you. Theres always somebody on here to chat to if u need some support... All the best on your journey x

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me tagging along:)

I have my appointment booked with consultant tonight, so will be starting tomorrow! I did lipotrim a couple fo months ago but only managed to do 3 weeks as only liked one flavour (vanilla) and that was only if i added a spoon of coffee lol

Anyways, I loved the feeling of it and felt so healthy, after the initial few days! so hoping I get back to that again!

Lis x

Back