Newbie - First time on CD - Buddies

Hi Lucylis and welcome - hope the start goes OK for you - I quite like all the flavours except vanilla and butterscotch (too sweet) and the soups are OK - have not tried the porridge as I can't stand real porridge so can't think CD is nice, but thats just me!! Bars are good for when I really have to eat something, so I tend to have a shake in the morning, soup at night and a bar usually when I come home from work at 5ish - (thats my normal grazing time) - works for me but everyone has to find their own path

Hi Adipose - Its the Jilliam Michaels fitness DVD from "Biggest Loser" - bought it on Amazon for about £5 - lots of posts on here about well it works if you do a search - I like it 'cos it's only 20 minutes so is a bit easier to fit in than an hour or a class which is near impossible where I live in the countryside, and I also have to walk the dogs - but man am I aching today!! Still determined to keep it up - apparently is v.good for "bingo wings" !!!

Hey skippydog, thanks for the advice, I'll have to give it a try- I defo have bingo wings that carry on waving long after I have stopped!!lol ;)

Yes I'm self concious about my arms, get very hot and like sleeveless things, but feel my arms look like joints of ham LOL :D- done the shred everyday now, today will be day 4. Think you don't see results until about the first week but it does not seem to have slowed down my weight loss which some people were concerned about on the forum - I think we are all different tho so whatever suits!!

Yes I'm self concious about my arms, get very hot and like sleeveless things, but feel my arms look like joints of ham LOL :D- done the shred everyday now, today will be day 4. Think you don't see results until about the first week but it does not seem to have slowed down my weight loss which some people were concerned about on the forum - I think we are all different tho so whatever suits!!

Sorry to ask another stupid question, but can I ask why doing exercise might slow down your weight loss? Surely doing everything you can to burn extra calories is a bonus?!! :confused:

I think CD don't recommend doing exercise for a period at the start, and the shred is partly about burning calories but also about building lean muscle weight which is heavier than fat, so I think your body stores anything extra to use during exercise having a "plateau" effect on weight loss. (think thats the science anyway!!) I think there is a thread about exercise on the forum and people have different experiences of weight loss, so is worth considering it - depending on what result you want and what effect is has on you

I think CD don't recommend doing exercise for a period at the start, and the shred is partly about burning calories but also about building lean muscle weight which is heavier than fat, so I think your body stores anything extra to use during exercise having a "plateau" effect on weight loss. (think thats the science anyway!!) I think there is a thread about exercise on the forum and people have different experiences of weight loss, so is worth considering it - depending on what result you want and what effect is has on you
Thanks again Skippydog, sounds like I have a lot to learn still!lol:p

Back