newbie going it alone

peppop

Hi, just joined the forum. I've been doing SW for a wee while now and have lost 1/2 stone. I'm feeling disillusioned with my class so I'm going to try doing it myself. Found this site and figured this is exactly what I need. Wasn't getting the support but think I'll find that here - fingers crossed eh. Anyhoo hello

Hello welcome to the forum. You have done very well with your loss so far. Wish you all the best with SW. You can do it.

Hi peppop! Hello to you too and Good Luck! :)

Welcome to Minimins! :) Please have a look at going to another slimming world class if going it alone isnt right for you. My consultant is fab and always says not all consultants and classes are the same, if one doesnt work for you try another and everyone is different and runs their classes differently. Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Hi Peppop, welcome! :)

You sound like you're doing well so far, half a stone is really good :)

I don't go to group and use Mini's as my inspiration for SW! As long as you feel you can do it alone and have a decent set of scales, you'll be fine.

Are you thinking of doing a food diary or anything so people can help you along your journey?
I hope you don't mind me asking but what are you looking to lose?

Good luck! :)
X

Hi, I agree with Princess_Ruthy. I love my class but decided to change to one that is on my doorstep and didn't like it at all so ended up stopping going and here I am with all the weight back on.
The right class is so important, I have tried a few others but none are as good the one go to now so if you find yourself struggling I would advise you to find a different group.
Good luck with your journey. X

Hi Princess Ruthy and Voluptuous The one I was going to was the only one that was suitable. I work full time and study part time so I was kinda limited. I did think about doing it online til I found this site. Think it'll be ok posting on here - I just need someone to keep me accountable.

Hi Llamasoks, this seems to be a great site and I've got WW scales so all good. Ideally I would like to get down to 10 stone. At one point I was 9s 3lb but I looked ill. I think as long as I look healthy but more importantly feel healthy (which I didn't before) I'll judge it by that. I think I'll start a food diary. I thought I might obsess but it might be best to keep track of everything even in the short term.

Thanks for your advice. :)

Jucbad. Hello. From what I've seen in the last few days I completely agree. Loving this site. In fact I wish I found it years ago :D

Hi, I just joined this site yes and I really love it so far. I've just started SW (2 wks) and I'm going it alone as I don't really find going to Slimming group meetings very helpful. Really enjoying SW so far and for once I haven't felt hungry or deprived while trying to lose weight. So many good recipe ideas here, it's a lifesaver! X

Hi Marilynn have you checked out the SW going it alone pages and the online image therapy ones too. They're great, so many nice people on this site.

I haven't yet, but thanks for letting me know. Still just exploring the site. So much good information and support here! X

Back