Extra Easy Newbie.. Healthy A/B?

Rockysmum

Hi starting SW on Monday on EE, got info from a friend and she gave me a book on free foods etc... but i'm lost when it comes to Healthy A's & B's. How do these work? What are they? are they essential? which do I have a's or b's? .. probably sound like stupid questions for now, but ive got to start somewhere. I have disability issues so I don't want to do to a group and the Online option is a bit too pricey for me :-(

Can someone give me a quick rundown on them pretty please or a link to them or something :)

Hi Rockysmum,
Hex a are your calciums and the hex b are your fibres. They are essential parts of the plan so don't think you'll lose more if you leave them out because you will be depriving your body of essential nutrients.
Have browse through this site to see how other people use their hex a and b choices.
If you are on EE you should eat 1 hex a and 1 hex b choice a day.
Some examples of what I usually have for hex b is 4 Ryvita dark rye or 2 Alpen light bars or 2 small slices wholemeal bread or two weetabix.
Hex a choices for me are a bit more boring, usually skimmed milk or three mini baby bel light or cheddar cheese.
If you look in the first list of Slimming World forum topics, there's one called 'Slimming World-Healthy Extras' near the bottom of the list. It's a useful forum.
If in doubt, Google hex a and b ideas and it comes up with loads of options.
Good luck and hope it works for you.

Thanks so much Pootle that makes sense to me. I will deffo have a good read through this site and I will have Google working overtime from Monday.

Thanks again
:eating:

As Pootle explained, they are quite essential to the plan to make sure you are getting enough calcium and protein.

I like to save mine and have them as a snack like Ryvita (I like the fruit crisp ones, 2 for your healthy extra B) with low fat cheese spread. Or cheese on toast.

If I use them in meals it tends to be things like the cheese in an omelette or I make wholemeal breadcrumbs and make slimming world KFC style chicken.

As Pootle explained, they are quite essential to the plan to make sure you are getting enough calcium and protein.

I like to save mine and have them as a snack like Ryvita (I like the fruit crisp ones, 2 for your healthy extra B) with low fat cheese spread. Or cheese on toast.

If I use them in meals it tends to be things like the cheese in an omelette or I make wholemeal breadcrumbs and make slimming world KFC style chicken.
Ooh, hadn't thought about making breadcrumbs and covering chicken pieces with them, thanks!

Back