Newbie here and 71lbs to lose!!

Of course, its an idea for cruise....your doing fab x

Now guys tell me something, is the oatbran from the dukan website better than my tesco one? Also is there a difference in the flavourings, they are quite expensive!! Those who have used them are they worth it. I was quite tempted with the chocolate and passion fruit one.

Dr Dukan will tell you that the oatbran is better, because of it's grade but, to be honest, I just buy oatbran from whichever shop is convenient.

The flavourings are okay - some are nice and some are rank and very much down to personal taste.

I guess I would say that if you've got a few quid spare and you need something to vary the diet, then buy one or two. If not, pass on by and you won't miss them at all. :D

P x

I buy my oat bran from Holland and Barratt, they do fine and medium varieties (stick to medium ofr porridge as fine makes it too sludgy), I wouldn't even consider buying it from the website.

Haven't tried any of the flavourings, I don't seem to have any luck with making muffins or sweet things for Dukan, just don't taste right so I try and stick to the basics.

Warning!! Do not be fooled by the avatar, thats where I am going, I am probably double that at the moment!!

So day 7 is done 3 days to finish attack and achieve first mini goal! Trying to focus on my goals rather than my body as I have learnt over the years that looking for changes this early is not only disheartening, its a motivation killer! Dont know why when I am on a diet I start looking for changes after just one day. Why do I expect a change? Its not like when I put the weight on I would look everyday and think oohh I have gained a pound on my thighs, perhaps I expect diets to work miracles.

Anyway, I was pleased today as I made some lovely ham and crab stick (not mixed) quiches and they tasted great. Really counting down to vegetables days as I am sure veggies will jazz these babies a lot!

I went to buy water yesterday and was mind boggled at the difference in sodium content, something I have never looked at before! I usually just buy volvic without even thinking about it. Because there was no volvic in the coop I looked at Buxton and was considering prices so I thought better look at sodium content. The coop own brand had 40mg/l!!! Another had 18mg, I think Buxton had 18 or 20. I settled for vittel which had 6.5mg/l. I think volvic had about 8 or was it 11. Anyway way forward is vittel!

Iam excited and scared at the same time today! Tomorrow is last day on attack and I have stayed true to the diet so far so I am excited. However weighing in is coming on Sat morning and I am scared that if I dont lose or if I am not happy with the loss I might be tempted to......... I wont say it lest I jinx myself!!

Have faith in the good Dr. You'll do great in the weigh in tomorrow...good luck x

Woop woop 7lbs lost after 10 days of attack. :bliss: This is bliss since its that time of the monthand I usually gain up to 4lbs with water retention!! Maybe I will have another good loss at the next weigh in! Cruise starts today so I am off to start a diary, cruise is a long journey so I better do a diary so I can keep track! Thanks to iphones I can update foods as I pop them into my mouth! Good luck to all who weigh in today, see you in the diaries.

Congrats, that is a great loss for your first week. You are bang on track to be 'a looser'.... what we all strive for.

Eccab, great loss girl x your in the Dukan zone x

Thanks girlies. You are my motivation. xx

Back