Newbie here & not sure I'm doing it right!

Jelliejo

Hi all, I'm new to slimming world & joined a class 3 weeks ago on Tues - WI night. I've only lost 1.5lb so far though & was expecting more to be honest. I was hoping somebody would look at my food diary for tomorrow and advise in anyway. I prefer red/green days so tomorrow is a green day.

Breakfast
Activia Fat Free yoghurt, banana & satsuma

Lunch
New potatoes, salad leaves, cucumber & tomatoes (dressing of vinegar, olive oil & dried herbs)
Piece of fruit

Dinner
Beans on 2 x wholemeal toast (hexB)

HexA will be milk for my tea/coffee

I don't want to have any syns if I can help it as I have had a few alcoholic drinks this weekend so want to stick to free foods all day tomorrow & Tues. Hopefully I will see a loss :)

you need to syn the olive oil, unless you count it as an healthy extra, also i would advise you to have a few syns, even if its just 3, as you will see a more successful outcome.

Is your bread from a 400g or 800g loaf??

Welcome and well done on your loss so far.
Apart from the synning of olive oil I would say your not eating very much at all......strange as it is if you don't eat enough it can have the reverse affect and you losses will slow down or stop.
Try having a look at others food diaries to get an idea.
Wishing you good luck hun
xx

Thanks all, I will syn the olive oil & try have another HexB. Seems bonkers the amount of food you can have & still lose weight!!! I'll treat myself tomorrow night to a few syns!

Breakfast
Activia Fat Free yoghurt, banana & satsuma

Lunch
New potatoes, salad leaves, cucumber & tomatoes (dressing of vinegar, olive oil & dried herbs)
Piece of fruit

Dinner
Beans on 2 x wholemeal toast (hexB)

HexA will be milk for my tea/coffee

I don't want to have any syns if I can help it as I have had a few alcoholic drinks this weekend so want to stick to free foods all day tomorrow & Tues. Hopefully I will see a loss :)

I have to wonder whether you are eating *enough*? A new potato salad is fine - but not terribly filling unless you are talking lots of potatoes - how about a large jacket potato instead (with the other A choice of cheese, and sweetcorn or beans), or making an omlette or tortilla / quiche to have WITH your new potatoes and salad ... dinner beans on HB toast, again, I have to question - it's just not enough!

Please - to follow the plan 100%, you need to have a minimum of 5 syns EVERY day, and FILL UP on a wide variety of free foods. Use the food diaries or recipe sections here for inspiration if you need to :)

PS - I also lost 1.5lb in my first week, so whilst it may not feel like loads compared to some others, but it is a great start, and you will get there!

To be honest it doesn't seem like you're eating very much. I think I would be chewing my hand off if this was all I had to eat over the day. I couldn't get from brekkie all the way through to lunch on ayoghurt and a bit of fruit. And beans on toast I wouldn't call a proper evening meal. I often have that for breakfast. Are you not hungry?

Hey hun,

dont take offence but how boring is your day food wise! surly you must be starving, and craving somthing more by the end of the day?
Maybe this is just me, but i would have eaten your meals as snacks. Mix it up a bit, some exciting foods in there.. proper meals! take a look at our food diarys, were all pretty good at being creative with our food..

if your finding your losses slow its time to start looking at the amount of superfree foods your taking in. SW recommend 1/3 of your plate as superfree food. these are most fruits and veg. (remember any fruit not eaten in whole raw form is syned) this can give you an extra boost and if nothing else.. should be standard for maintaining a healthy life style.

also, whats your water/fluid intake like? esp with green days i'd buy yourself a nice 1.5ltr/2ltr bottle of water, fill it up each morning and pledge to finish it by the end of the day. I find sipping at it little at often doesnt make it seem like such a mammoth job, and much easier to really know how much fluid youv actually had.. i loos count of glasses and like to trick myself into thinking iv had more! water can be boring so add suger free squash like ribena really light if you struggle.

with sw you dont have to exercise to loose weight, its a personal choice but really can give you a boost. i only started exercising after i hit target, so i lost all my weight without doing any exercise, but i do really benifit when i do do it.

as for sticking to free food all day tomorrow and tuesday..
do you mean have syn free days, or just complete free food without HE's?
all i can say is follow the plan PROPERLY and it will work, for some slower than others, there are things you can do to speed it up, with extra effort.. but dont mess with the plan, otherwise its no longer sw and it wont work..

lots of love x

Haha, yes it is very boring isn't it! No offence taken at all, I'm glad of the advice. I think because I'm new, I'm scared of doing it wrong if you see what I mean. Off to make a quiche now to have along side my potato salad and will scrap the beans on toast for something more substantial. I'm going to look on the food diaries page for some inspiration also. Thanks again everybody, really appreciate it.
Jo x

Yay, im glad you didnt take offence..
i know what you mean about feeling cautious about being too adventerous! but if you get bored.. i can tell you now its a slippery slope.. if you dont keep it exciting, and most important.. enjoyable.. you wont be able to stick to it, .. its a life change .. and no one wants life to be boring! LOL

youl be fine, once you get in the swing of things youl be posting recipes youv made up yourself in no time!! x

The first thing I noticed about your list was the almost complete absence of any protein (apart from the beans, and that was only at one meal).

i'm a restarter - again ! But I would say ur possibly not eating enough strange as it sounds.

You need to eat more xx

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your continuing weight loss.

Back