Newbie here....very nervous!!

Meggie

Hi,
I am new to this group (though not new to the forum!) and have decided to give Slimming World a try. I have found a group that isn't too far from where I live and it starts on Tuesday. I am very nervous about going as I don't know if it is the right kind of diet for me. Everyone I have spoken have said nothing but good things about it so I really hope it works! I tried to diet alone last month but REALLY found it hard not to stuff everything in sight into my mouth!! I know with the support and the fear of shame on weigh-in day that I will find it much easier with a class. I have only had one experience of something similar when I went to weight-watchers. I didn't really like the diet as I found it very confusing and time-consuming! Plus the leader wasn't very supportive and told everyone of my weight gain. I was mortified!! I guess that is what has put me off joining another group, as I'm terrified of that happening again!!!

Oooops, didn't mean for the post to become so long!! Was only meant to be a quick hello.....................HI!!!

xxxx

Hi there meg

For a start your ww leader was bang out of order to do that to you some slimming world consultants do out your weight gain but they wont if you tell them not to. My consultant just says sam came back this week had a little gain how are you going to move forward and have you got any thing that might get in your way this week.Don't be worried at the end of the day we are all there because we need to lose weight so theres nothing to be embarassed about hun i have a really good group of people and it's a fun few hours out aweek and you will get so much support and motivation so get your walking legs on and get to group tuesday you won't regret it slimming world is a fantastic lifestyle change.Lets us know what you do.

x x x Sam x x x

Hi there!
I agree with Tracy...this plan is great! Its the only one that I know that works on the priniciple that the more you eat, the more you loose!!
For someone with a big appetite, its fantastic!
I have had a gastric band fitted, but I still have to work at eating sensibly...SW is that and to date I have lost almost 7 stone in a year. Do you need anymore proof than that??

Good luck Hun...the classes are great and we are always here if you are unsure of something. My advice would be to write it all down!

Good luck on starting the group. I think going the right group will really help. My consultant is great and always supportive. Also I think you'll find slimming world easier once u get into it. So much choice once you know the right things to eat

hi there ,like you i joined sw as i got fed up with ww and countin points even though i owe most of my weight loss to the plan . In terms of class i have found that the ww class was boring, everybody looked miserable and my leader not modivational or supportive but the sw class fab very frinndly , supportive and happy! hope you have good wi in tue this is my wi day 2 so maybe we could support each other x

Good luck with you class, I'm sure you will enjoy it and have a great experience. good to have you on board here too for support so look forward to reading you posts.

Back