Attack Newbie - How does everyone manage at work?

Hi, I'm new to Dukan, started Attack today, have just under 4 stone to lose.

I've never really stuck to diets before, always done my own thing, ate healthily for a week and then gave it up. But finally realised that I obviously don't know best when it comes to food and need something to stick to - am determined for this to work! Giving up bread will be difficult... but I know the results will be worth it.

I'm sightly worried I won't be able to stick to it at work - being organised isn't my strong point! So any advice would be amazing!

Hi Northerngirl

Welcome!

At the risk of making you run for the hills, you need to get organised. Take some time to plan what you're going to eat the following day, shop for it and then take it to work with you.

As an emergency measure, keep a tin of fish in your desk drawer too for those occasions when you're hungry but have already eaten your lunch.

Good luck! :D

P x

Hi and welcome, as Pauline said, you need to organize yourself, plan what to eat on what day, we have a microwave in work so i can make scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for dinner or i take in turkey koftas with a bit of salad. Ive made the dukan bread thats nice with chicken or tuna. The key is planning and sticking to it. Good luck Cx

I tend to either have ham salad or take something hot like bolognese to heat up, it really is lethal if you forget or aren't prepared. The tin of tuna etc is a good idea but the tohught of eating a tin of fish on its own like that makes me want ot retch, for me it would be some good low fat ham kept in the fridge at work.

Yeah, definaltly being prepared is best! I always have 'stuff' in my fridge so I can munch whenever i need to! Muffins are a god send, but I am also a little hooked on cinamon porridge! So, will often have that instead of my muffin, as very filling and tasty! Oh and lots of chicken, I buy the packets of frozen cooked bits, as these are great with a bit of teriyake.... good luck....xxx

I am so lucky that I have a tiny fridge at work. I keep a pot of cottage cheese in there along with yoghurts, crabsticks and quorn slices.
Often when you feel that urge to nibble on something, two mouthfuls of cottage cheese does the trick as its so thick and heavy- it kind of gives you that indulgent satisfaction feeling without actually doing any harm.
Also drink LOTS of water and cups of tea.
Crabsticks are fun because you can make them take ages to eat by nibbling and unrolling them. I know it sounds bad to suggest playing with your food, but if you can make 5 crabsticks last 15 minutes you feel like its a full on snack.

Thank you everyone for your advice! I've got my lunch all prepared to take in with me, and some ham to snack on!

First day went really well (wasn't even tempted by housemates roast potatoes!) just need to make it though a normal work day and then I'll feel much more confident!

You'll be fine!! Good Luck northerngirl! :-D

I’m defo noticing with the dukan its a fail to prepare .. prepare to fail ideology!

For the work dilemma, if you have a mirco its grand!

I make double what I am having for dinner and bring it with me (in old takeaway tubs .. small reminder of why my butt is huge! lol) For brekki I have been bouncing between Duffins or porridge (made just by adding hot water and once all soaked in I add a fat free yogurt .. yummy)

Good Luck! And dont worry your not alone I have had to step up and get organised so as to have no excuses to fail!

I managed it! Prepared both my breakfast (yoghurt with oat bran) and lunch (marinated chicken) last night and took them in this morning, along with some more yoghurt and ham just in case.

Still felt slightly hungry after lunch, but went for a walk, had a coffee etc and felt much better. Didn't need the snacks today but glad they are there just in case.

All prepared for tomorrow now with my breakfast and lunch in the fridge ready and waiting. Thank you for all the advice!

I managed it! Prepared both my breakfast (yoghurt with oat bran) and lunch (marinated chicken) last night and took them in this morning, along with some more yoghurt and ham just in case.

Still felt slightly hungry after lunch, but went for a walk, had a coffee etc and felt much better. Didn't need the snacks today but glad they are there just in case.

All prepared for tomorrow now with my breakfast and lunch in the fridge ready and waiting. Thank you for all the advice!

Well done northerngirl! One thing though- there shouldn't really be any reason for you to go hungry- not on Dukan.
Maybe next time make a little more chicken and eat half at the beginning of lunch and the other half at the end/later in the afternoon as a snack. I find the richness of the foods fill me up short term in only a few mouthfuls but then I'm peckish again a little later, so my food ends up being attacked several times throughout the day (sure my boss doesn't approve- but tough!)
I find its when I start to feel hunger that I make bad food decisions- "one ickle biscuit won't hurt" and so on, so I just suggest snacking every couple of hours- and by snacking I mean a handful of crabsticks; 2 mouthfuls of cottage cheese; 2 slices of lean meat, etc.

Hope today is as successful as yesterday!!! xxx

Morning northengirl. Hows it going? Agree wirh the comments be prepared or prepare to fail.....have you thought of Trudys mince flan and mini quiches great on pp and pv days, good luck x

Hi everyone. Finished Attack yesterday. I thought the week went quite quickly and I fairly enjoyed it. Missing bread here and there - and definitely craving something crunchy, but walked away from multiple birthday treats, and didn't drink last night! So feeling really happy. And I discovered I actually don't dislike cottage cheese!

Weighed myself this morning, have lost 3lbs! was hoping I would have lost more tbh but its a step in the right direction!

Off to the supermarket now to stock up for next week!

its not something i would think about having, cant eat it plain wither has to have chives in it, cant have the fruity ones :(

Evening northern girl, I put the cottage cheese in Quiches mmmm its nice then x

Back