• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

newbie--- how long before you see a difference in your own weight loss???

hi i'm joanne, im 38 and this is my first diet, I am doing slimming world --- so far so good :) i'm enjoying learning all the recipes and my group is brill!!!
I was a size 20 and now I am 16-18 , what I was wandering , how long before I will see a difference in weight loss?? about from the obvious clothes fitting better e.t.c
thanks!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

S-L-W

I remember when I really started to notice it was when when my collarbone magically reappeared!! Always a good idea to measure yourself aswell as sometimes you could lose more inches than pounds! Sounds like you've got off to a good start by dropping a couple of dress sizes. Well done!

Glad you're enjoying the diet. Doesn't eating cheese toasties feel naughty! ;D

In answer to your question, I think it really depends on the person :) I don't think anyone dared to comment about my weight loss until I'd lost about 2 stone! I think I noticed the most difference around then too. I was down from a size 18 and squeezing into a size 14 after a 2 stone loss!

You've done so well already. How long has it taken you so far?

I've lost 4 stone in 24 weeks gone from a size 18/20 to 14, plenty of people kept saying look at you, your losing so much weight. But to me I didn't feel any slimmer until last weekend when I went clothes shopping, I tried on some slim leg jeans and though wow look at my legs they look so slim and something just clicked in my head. Now I can't stop looking in the mirror lol!

Last edited:

gazter

needs to get a life
hi i'm joanne, im 38 and this is my first diet, I am doing slimming world --- so far so good :) i'm enjoying learning all the recipes and my group is brill!!!
I was a size 20 and now I am 16-18 , what I was wandering , how long before I will see a difference in weight loss?? about from the obvious clothes fitting better e.t.c
thanks!!!
other people will see it before you do. Club 10 is when it really stands out.

I take a photo of myself every week and pin it to my bedroom wall, so that I have a visual reminder of how far I have come and how far I want to go x x

i am one of those people who are also blind to the weight loss - regardless of how different people tell me i look!

on SW i have lost 1.7lbs since Jan, but since Jan last year i have lost nearly 4 stone, and i still feel the same size i was back then! Yes, my clothes are smaller, but i still see a chubby me :(

Lolacola your before and now picture is amazing!! You look terrific you must be so happy with yourself xxx

i am one of those people who are also blind to the weight loss - regardless of how different people tell me i look!

on SW i have lost 1.7lbs since Jan, but since Jan last year i have lost nearly 4 stone, and i still feel the same size i was back then! Yes, my clothes are smaller, but i still see a chubby me :(

youve done so well! im not a dr or anything but you might have a little bit of body dysmorphia, or your just not used to seeing a more slender version of yourself? xx

J.D

Silver Member
youve done so well! im not a dr or anything but you might have a little bit of body dysmorphia, or your just not used to seeing a more slender version of yourself? xx
After I lost 4st and was size 12 I still saw a 16st size 18... I once walked in to a night club and thought oh who is she staring at over there? It was a big full size wall mirror and it was me!! Weird to experience.

Look at yourself in a full size mirror like they do on gok wan lol you'll see a difference!

It's so hard to see it in yourself - other people will tell you! I started getting comments at about 3 stone lost but I didn't notice it myself straight away.

It is hard to see it yourself so that's where before and after pictures come in - put them together and surprise yourself :) xxx

There's a different point for everyone. I've not even lost a stone yet but for me it was this morning when I tried on the gorgeous Calvin Klein dress that I couldn't get into last year because there was at least a 2 inch gap before the zip would do up... and this morning it did up and it kind of fits, albeit rather snugly! :D Another half stone and that should fit me perfectly again, which will be my first interim "clothes" goal met :)

gazter

needs to get a life
After I lost 4st and was size 12 I still saw a 16st size 18... I once walked in to a night club and thought oh who is she staring at over there? It was a big full size wall mirror and it was me!! Weird to experience.

Look at yourself in a full size mirror like they do on gok wan lol you'll see a difference!
I do it all the time now, im so vain. Naked and i still think its bad, sticking on a nice shirt and trousers and i look perfect!

I've lost nearly 2 stone and I can't see/feel a difference, and my clothes all still fit me ( I only wear stretch stuff and leggings, no jeans/trousers) :(. I lost 5 stone through sickness a few years back and didn't feel different, my body shape is strange though and is in thr same propotrtion whatever size I am so I struggle to see a difference no matter how extreme. I hope my brain catches up this time!!

S-L-W

My husband said tonight that there wasn't as much of me to hug anymore!! Now when they notice something we must've been doing it right!!

It took me until nearly 2.5 stone loss to notice a difference in myself and my clothes, the fat around your organs goes first so there must have been loads!
I can't deny the difference now though, just getting into 14's in jeans and my feet are now a size smaller.

I still find it hard to get my head around it though!