Newbie May Starters Unite! :D

:0clapper:

Well done! That is awesome! You must be so pleased.

Thanks minirog, Im very happy, but have to stay focused now that I dont celebrate this lose with a treat like a cream cake or something. Have a feeling this time Im going to be good and stick it out

Hi everyone, I'm Sara i'm 21 and have a gorgoeus daughter called ela who is 5 months old.

I went to my first WW meeting last tuesday, and had my first weigh in last night and i lost 7.5 pounds so i was very pleased and got my first silver seven (i felt like a little kid when they stuck the silver sticker on my weigh in card lol)

i'm really hoping this diet will help me lose weight as i'm the biggest i have ever been but have never really dieted before, so we shall see.
It seems to be working so far.

Congrats on all your losses ladies xx and losses to come of course xx

xxxxxx

Sorry, I missed you out in my little welcome message. Welcome Sara! Congratulations on your silver 7 - amazing loss! Well done x

This is day three for me. So far so good, but I need to keep busy so I don't go eating Penguins from the cupboard. I almost checked the biscuit tin but stopped myself, cuz once I know what's in there it calls to me! I am tempted to weigh myself but it is only the first week and it is make or break when you weigh in first time. If I have only maintained after two days of dieting it might make me go back to my 10 points stupidness and I really don't want that- it's the reason I ended up putting on a load of weight again!

Good job to those who weighed in and lost. I'm hoping for a good result this week to kick start myself too!

Hey Lorny be strong. I look through threads on here to keep me focused. When I see others who have lost loads, it keeps me motivated. You can do it!!!

Hello to all of you!

My name is Lou and i am 31, Mum to 3 gorgeous kids aged 13,4 and 2.

Have been an Atkins diet person in the past, and lost a load of weight on it in the past. 2 children later and its all back on.

So here i am starting WW, am in my first week and am really enjoying it so far. Am trying to change the way i actually think about food also. I have over 4st to shift, and am determined to do it.

Have been avoiding going places (even setting our wedding date) and doing things because i am unhappy with my weight/the way i look and that is crazy, am the only person who can do anything about it. So enough is enough now.

Look forward to chatting with you all :)

Hi everyone

I'm Claire and I am starting WW on Saturday, so am just browsing at the moment. I am quite excited to get started. I have been on the Cambridge Diet (food replacement diet) and have lost around 6 stone, but want to lose the last two stone on a sensible diet that I can maintain in the long term, and I always found WW the best.

I am hoping to lose a stone (hopefully a bit more) for my holiday in August and am secretly hoping to sneak into a bikini for the first time in 16 years (probrably end up more of a tankini).

Any support is always appreciated, as I think I will start off putting weight on because of the transition from the old diet, so I am hoping not to get demoralised.

Bye

Wow Claire that is some great weight loss. Fingers crossed for Saturday. Im a newbie too, its nice to have the support of everyone on here

Hi Claire! Hi Lou! Welcome to our little thread :D

Claire - that is an AMAZING LOSS! You are awesome! I swapped from CD too so am in awe of you doing so well! I only managed 3 1/2 stone before I decided I needed food! Bring on that bikini!

Lou, I totally understand what you mean about avoiding going places. I almost cancelled my wedding two years ago because I didn't want people to look at me as I went down the aisle (Not the marriage, I was always going to do that, just the wedding bit with lots of people!). Sad thing is I gained 5 stone after the wedding! Anyway, you can imagine how bad I felt then. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can relate, as can the rest of us I guess. Good Luck on your journey - we'll be with you every step of the way!

Well, how did we all do today? Anyone weigh in? I have to weigh in tomorrow and I'm really hoping for 2 or 3 lbs but we'll see!

Love from me x

Thanks, Phil! It's bloody hard work losing weight. I'm so so pee'd off today as I've stayed the same. I weighed in jeans instead of my trackies and had wet hair, which my husband says will make a difference, but I'm so gutted! He's going to make me weigh tomorrow instead, but I'm not sure it'll help. I've not cheated once, I've exercised every single day. Boo Hoo :(

Ah well, maybe next week!

How are the rest of you doing?

Thanks, Phil! It's bloody hard work losing weight. I'm so so pee'd off today as I've stayed the same. I weighed in jeans instead of my trackies and had wet hair, which my husband says will make a difference, but I'm so gutted! He's going to make me weigh tomorrow instead, but I'm not sure it'll help. I've not cheated once, I've exercised every single day. Boo Hoo :(

Ah well, maybe next week!

How are the rest of you doing?

i agree with your o/h jeans and wet hair will weigh more ( thats what i think) i get weighed in just my boxers( too much info lol) xxxx :):):)

Last edited:
Hey Kate, :)

Thats still 3LBS in 2 weeks- Dont beat yourself up- will show on scales next week. You know that you havent cheated and thats what matters. 3lbs is FAB. Well done you.

At SW they used to say jeans can weigh up to 5LBS - seems alot to me- but thats what they used to say at meetings when I was going. I'm gonna try and keep to the same clothes every week to keep it even.

Day 2 for me today. Still motivated and couldn't finish my dinner last night (!) as too full(!). Wondering today if I can deduct those uneaten points from my tracker and save then for a weekend treat? Drinking gallons of water me and cant be far from a loo. Heres hoping I'm gonna pee out the pounds.

i agree with your o/h jeans and wet hair will weigh more ( thats what i think) i get weighed in just my boxers( too much info lol) xxxx :):):)

sorry just read my post back not what i wanted to say missed off that fact its not a gain, and i know next week will be better xxx :):):):):):):):)

Day 3 was fine, and so far so good for day 4. I have been a bit greedy though with dinners cuz I pile on veg and even though I start to feel full I carry on eating the lot. I think it's cuz I know veg doesn't really fill me up for long so the more I eat the longer I'll last. That didn't really ring true yesterday though cuz I was full at 6 but come half past I was hungry again. I figured since it was all veg I could get away with stuffing my face, but I think I'll try to tone that down a bit. I just like a big meal! I've been keeping to my points well too. I've had a few choccy cravings but I haven't given in, and I think I've also done well to actually eat as much as the 18 points too. I could quite easily try to live off a spring roll and a handful of veg for dinner, which is only 1.5 points, but I am trying to get that out of my head still. I even had pasta the other night and I'm having macaroni tonight- I swore I'd never touch the stuff again! I just need to remind myself that if it is within my points it is perfectly fine. :)

Day 3 was fine, and so far so good for day 4. I have been a bit greedy though with dinners cuz I pile on veg and even though I start to feel full I carry on eating the lot. I think it's cuz I know veg doesn't really fill me up for long so the more I eat the longer I'll last. That didn't really ring true yesterday though cuz I was full at 6 but come half past I was hungry again. I figured since it was all veg I could get away with stuffing my face, but I think I'll try to tone that down a bit. I just like a big meal! I've been keeping to my points well too. I've had a few choccy cravings but I haven't given in, and I think I've also done well to actually eat as much as the 18 points too. I could quite easily try to live off a spring roll and a handful of veg for dinner, which is only 1.5 points, but I am trying to get that out of my head still. I even had pasta the other night and I'm having macaroni tonight- I swore I'd never touch the stuff again! I just need to remind myself that if it is within my points it is perfectly fine. :)

thats the same with me i can't get my head around eating all my points, i have been everyday but then it makes me paranoid i'm not going to lose :cry:

my days been fine took a walk to my grandads with ela in her pushchair was a lovely day so thought i'd make the most of it, but i was starving when i got back lol so i had some soup, and for dinner i'm having pie new potatoes and veg, all within points of course xx

whats on the menu for eveyone else xxx

Thanks for the support guys! I'm just about coming out of my grumpy mood now! I wish my jeans did weigh 5lbs - that would be awesome, somehow I reckon it seems a bit much though! I'm hoping I'll lose at least 3 lbs next week!

Lorny, I know what you mean about being allowed to eat things like pasta. I find it hard to eat those sorts of things so mainly eat chicken breasts and salad/veg. I developed somewhat of an addiction to corn on the cob as well!

This week I don't know whether or not I should attempt to eat more points as people say that it can slow down weight loss if you don't eat them and I've been eating about 4-8 under my daily allowance. Hmmmmm...... it's all a bit baffling!

Well done all of you for sticking to it! We'll be skinny soon xx

This week I don't know whether or not I should attempt to eat more points as people say that it can slow down weight loss if you don't eat them and I've been eating about 4-8 under my daily allowance. Hmmmmm...... it's all a bit baffling!

Well done all of you for sticking to it! We'll be skinny soon xx

It really is baffling, but there is a lot of evidence that switching it up keeps the metabolism running like clockwork. It doesn't mean you have to eat every point everyday if you don't want it, but things like saving up points for a treat at the end of the week, or alternating your days where you use up all points one day, but save a few the next and so on and so forth. The other evidence is in how popular and successful WW is. I know myself having been nearly 15st that it works, so long as you have the mindset to keep working towards goal.

And you are right- We'll be skinny minnies in no time!

Hey all you May newbies! Just wanted to say Hi and good luck for the weekend.

K x

Back