Attack Newbie needing some guidance pls

karum79

:cool:Hi there

I am on day one of Dukan and wanted to check some things as I am reading the book but not read it all the way through and I am getting conflicting info from online and the book.

1) Do you have to eat oatbran from day one? the book wasn’t clear on this as it made it sound like this should only be in the 3rd phase
2) How do you prepare oatbran? Same as porridge?
3) Are you allowed ANY veg in attack phase? Again the book suggested that you have no veg in the attack phase, but I have seen recipes online for hamburgers in the attack phase that contain onion
4) Are you allowed herbs and spices and garlic?
5) Can you have Muller light?
6) Ham – the book says no cured or smoked meat but every pack of ham I look at says its been cured yet I see people are inc ham in their menus
7) Smoked Salmon – again referring to the no smoked meat part is smoked fish ok?

Sorry for the wad of questions but I’d like to ensure I am doing this right!

Thanks
x

Hi Karum, I'm the same as you apart from I start tomorrow will be good to see what the answers are!" Good Luck!" x

:cool:Hi there

I am on day one of Dukan and wanted to check some things as I am reading the book but not read it all the way through and I am getting conflicting info from online and the book.

1) Do you have to eat oatbran from day one? the book wasn’t clear on this as it made it sound like this should only be in the 3rd phase

Oatbran must be eaten everyday from the start without fail 1 and1/2 tablespoon in attack 2 in cruise ...make sure it is oatbran aswell

2) How do you prepare oatbran? Same as porridge?

you can have it as porridge a galette (french pancake sweet or savoury , later as muffins and all sorts

3) Are you allowed ANY veg in attack phase? Again the book suggested that you have no veg in the attack phase, but I have seen recipes online for hamburgers in the attack phase that contain onion

no veg in attack or pp days cruise onion can be used as a tiny bit to add flavour usually taken out during attack but a bit wont hurt they are carby though

4) Are you allowed herbs and spices and garlic?
herbs spices and garlic are our best friend !!!

5) Can you have Muller light?

muller toffee and vanilla only .......thias is debated by many ...best option unsweetened natural adding sweetener

6) Ham – the book says no cured or smoked meat but every pack of ham I look at says its been cured yet I see people are inc ham in their menus

mmmmm in emergencies it can be used but can be full of salt and hidden nasties the original book says no

7) Smoked Salmon – again referring to the no smoked meat part is smoked fish ok?

people eat smaked salmon but if you stall on weight loss look at that as a maybe reason

Sorry for the wad of questions but I’d like to ensure I am doing this right!

Thanks
x

welcome hun hope you get on ok

Welcome - asking questions before starting is the best way! The oatbran really does save our "bacon" as it's very filling and, with some imagination, we can produce "cakes", "bread", "muffins" you name it with it. Or, for those in a hurry, simply stir it into a yoghurt.

thank you

:D wow thank you for your reponse, thats cleared that up for me anyway!

today I had:
B - scrambled egg
S - muller light (though this was the vanilla with choc sprinkles in it)
L - chicken breast and roast beef
D - chicken, cottage cheese, smoked salmon.

tomorrow will be similar no doubt! xx

turkey rashers

are mattesons turkey rashers ok? and does anyone know of a low fat burger brand? x

I just noticed your weight. 126lbs, and you're looking to lose 7lbs. How tall are you?

Dukan really isn't recommended for such small losses, as the Consolidation period is too short, and it's a shame for you to head into low carb yoyoland for so little.

The muller light with choc sprinkles is a no I'm afraid, toffee or vanilla are your options there. Or get a sugar free natural yogurt and flavour it yourself!

x

thank you -will ditch the mullers then!

I have already lost 14lbs on weight watchers but struggling to get the last 7lbs off which is why i want to give Dukan a try. I am 5ft 2
xxx

thank you -will ditch the mullers then!

I have already lost 14lbs on weight watchers but struggling to get the last 7lbs off which is why i want to give Dukan a try. I am 5ft 2
xxx

In that case, as long as you have a small-ish frame, your target weight should fine. I think that Jo is also concerned, however, that you need to be a bit careful when going down the low carb route - you absolutely MUST follow the Conso and Stab stages right the way through and re-introduce carbs very slowly or else you'll put all of the weight back on plus even more. It does seem a small amount of weight to start doing low carb, I must say.

Have you tried upping your exercise level to break through any stalling of weight loss? This can sometimes be a big help and would mean that you wouldn't have to go low carb. Might be worth trying first.

Dukan is more suited to those with much more weight to lose and you may well find it slow for only 7lbs.

i already go to the gym 3 times a week and any more just isnt realistic for my lifestyle unfortunately.

thank you for the advice about the final 2 phases.

food plan for tomorrow:

B - scrambled eggs
L - roast beef and chicken
S - prawns
D - smoked salmon, cottage cheese, chicken.

Bit boring isnt it? i do need some inspiration. can you tell me what types of meals u have pls? though if i stick to the attack phase for 3-4 days then i can handle a boring diet!

Also, I have been in 3 supermarkets and cant find oatbran. is there a brand name for this as I can only see museli's, porridge oats only.

thank you xxx

OK we've tried to dissuade you. Now we'll help.

You'll need to ask in your supermarket where they keep it. Otherwhise Holland & Barrett sell it.

Why is your menu so boring?! You tell us! We have a daily menu thread - check it out. We have a recipe section - ditto. The book has lots of recipes in it.

I'd advise three days maximum attack then onto Cruise alternating days.

Good luck and really seek out that oatbran as it helps with cholesterol issues. Drink plenty of water too, and think of taking a multivitamin too.

thanks

Thank you!

You seem an expert on this Dukan! How long have you been doing it?

Are turkey rashers allowed?

Also when checking food labels, is there a “safe” level of fat or carbohydrate I should be looking for? Reason I ask is that I understand Fat free yoghurt is allowed… the yoghurt I have is “Tesco Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt” and this has 4.8g of carbs per 100g.

Thanks in advance. xx

Back