newbie needs help with exante!!

Charlie85

hi, started my total solutions today...ive got 5 stone to lose, how quick can i lose the weight? and what exactly is ketosis?:confused:
thank u xx charley xx

Last edited:
Hi Charlie. They say about a stone a month. Ketosis is the fat burning process that your body goes into during a vlcd. Good luck with your journey.

the same amount of time as that piece of string !! Everyone looses at different rates , the average is 14 lb a month but a lot of people have a big loss in the first week so that speeds it up , I lost 5 stone in 4 months , but when i got down to the last stone it slowed down so as a rough guide i would say 5 months .

ketosis is the state your body goes into when it has to break down your body fat for energy . Normally your body uses the carbs you eat as energy , as exante is a low carb diet you dont have enough , and once all your carb stores are used up ( about 3-5 days ) your body has to start finding the energy somewhere else , and starts using the stored fat . Hope that helps x

Its day four tomorrow. Do you think I will go into ketosis after one carrot and some raw peppers/courgette or do you think it will take longer now?

Hi Charlie,

I think you should be ok Hun, as on atkins you can have a loose cup full of salad (which is said to be 20gms of carbs) a day in induction. So don't worry, I'm on day 4 too Hun and starving I think it's from being on the cusp of going into ketosis.

Hold tight as your probably nearly there too.

Hi sorry that last Post in response to lucysmummy......exhausted off to bed. Goodnight all.

Hey Charlie I'm a newbie too and on day one wanting to lose about 4/5 stones. My mum recommended this diet and she lost about 3 & 1/2 stone in 13 weeks. She is doing amazingly so thought I would give it ago with my partner. Day one has gone really well so far especially as I have a history of caving in! Hope it's going well for you xx

hi all im on day 3 and think its getting ever so slightly easier i honestly really doubted if i could keep this up first 2 days and i really am hungry just shows how i usually eat for sake of it and not hunger as never been this hungry before i dont think!!!

Hi All,

I am also at the end of day 3 - very hungry and getting headaches so I reckon I'll be in Ketosis by tomorrow or Friday. I have bought some mouthwash for the breath problem and a spray so that should solve that problem. The last 2 shakes I've had today have been a struggle as I feel really sick. The shakes are so creamy the turn my stomach so I hope that changes!

Does anyone know what would happen if, when I am in ketosis and after the first week, I changed my evening shake for an evening meal of about 200 calories? Has anyone done this?

Cheers xx

You can't replace your shake you can however add a meal of up to 400 cals and have a Working Solutions day

Whatever you do you have to have 3 packs

Thanks so much everyone day 2 today and its still going good although everytime a food advert comes on tv i have to switch the channel over!! Katie you've done brilliant with your weight loss i hope i have similiar results to you!! Bigred13...ur mum has done brilliant, how has day 2 been for you?.....i hate water so ive been sqeezing a bit of lemon in my water...is that ok? x

Charlie don't do the lemon thing. Citric acid will throw you out of ketosis; lemons are full of citric acid. You can buy water flavouring or check out the stickie on allowed drinks.

Just keep going, once in ketosis you will not feel hungry.

Hey charlie, day two going well thanks a bit headachy but nothing major! Not really that hungry either! Glad your day is going well :) xx

Hello,

I am completely new to Minimins ... and even dieting!!! I am a student who put a considerable amount of weight on in her first year!! Hoping to start exante on Monday... Any advice would be really appreciated. I have around 4 stone to loose.

Thank you :)

Hey Freddie I'm new too, on day three can't give you too much advice yet but definitely drink plenty of water it has really helped me through! Good luck and keep us posted :) xx

Back