Newbie needs help!

Hey all,
I'm new to all this... so new I've not started yet as am still reading the book but so want to get going soon.
I'm sick of who I have become... sadly largely due to illness and now a job that sees me driving all over the country all week with little control on what I can eat... probably doesn't sounds like a conducive atmosphere to start something like Dukan but I WANT TO SO MUCH and just need some help in how to fit it in to my life... then as much support as anyone can offer to help me keep it up!
So greetings to you all... but my main question, as I have to stay away with work at least twice every week and am on the road most of the time between times... can anyone give me some pointers for Dukan friendly options for foods that I can buy/order en route and at restaurants??
Thanks so much
xxx

hi hun and welcome .... for support just stick with us lot !!!

As for on the road after atack week you should be fine ...take your oatbran to put in a yogurt and order fish and salad or veg same again steak and salad breakfasts eggs will be great

Hi eclaires, I would say make sure you have a good breakfast. You get 1.5 tbsp of oatbran a day during attack and 2 tbsp during cruise. It really fills you up and sets you up for the day, so I tend to have all my oatbran for breakfast either as 'porridge' with some zero fat yoghurt, or in a Muller Light (toffee or vanilla only).

If you're away overnight, would it be worth investing in a cool bag to take your yoghurts in? It would also be good for keeping, say, cottage cheese fresh etc.

If I was on the road, I'd stock up on loads of cooked chicken, smoked salmon etc from the deli - all supermarkets seem to have them these days. And boil some eggs so you've always got a hard boiled one to hand. Very filling (if a little dry!)

I'm sure others will have better ideas - just thinking how I might go about it. The key thing is to plan ahead. You have to do that anyway, and probably even more so if you're on the road.

What's your BMI? are you sure this is the right move for you considering your BMI really can't be that high as you are quite tall.

Hey all thanks so much for your replies!
Sadly my Dr reccommended the diet as much for health as anything else. As a result of my illness I also went through an early menopause so have got an extra demon preventing me losing weight. The Dukan diet has a lot of good nutrients and healthy living principles as well as hopefully managing a weight loss/maintenance I do hope so anyway! Wanna get me back!!!!

Back