Newbie over here! *waves*

Hello everyone!

I recently started slimming world in a local club - and found the leader very unhelpful and left really confused. After 3 weeks I had lost 6 pounds ... but it was because I was too scared to eat anything rather than eating the right things. So I left and fell of the diet wagon for a while.

I am back with a vengance and want to lose as much weight as possible before my holiday at the end of June.

I have struggled with my weight for a while - I went to WW and lost a stone which was fab - until it was my 21st birthday ... and then alcohol combined with naughty foods made me put it all on over a month of partying. Diets I have done in the past include: WW, Cambridge, Lighter life, Slim Fast, SW and various combinations of my own made up low cal/low fat diets. Never have I got to goal, and never have I been happy in my adult life.

I have been working out lots recently, but to my horror I have GAINED weight... I am talking 6 pounds over 2 weeks. Now I know about muscle mass and water retention and all that - but I still cannot believe that what I am seeing it right. So I thought its probably down to my diet - need to kick this into shape AND exercise to get the right balance.

So here goes!
I have 6 weeks and 3 days until my holiday, but even AFTER the holiday I am going to work towards my goal and try to maintain.

STATS:

Weight: 12 stone 8.5
Goal: 10 stone 7

Waist: 34 inches
Bust: 36inches
Hips: 41 inches
thigh: 21 inches

I have decided (after many attempts) that sometimes inches mean more - hence why I have taken these the day I am starting. Will update my measurements every week too.

Support is REALLY needed with me - so any help/advice/support you can give - please do!!!

xxxx

slimmingd0wn said:
Hello everyone!

I recently started slimming world in a local club - and found the leader very unhelpful and left really confused. After 3 weeks I had lost 6 pounds ... but it was because I was too scared to eat anything rather than eating the right things. So I left and fell of the diet wagon for a while.

I am back with a vengance and want to lose as much weight as possible before my holiday at the end of June.

I have struggled with my weight for a while - I went to WW and lost a stone which was fab - until it was my 21st birthday ... and then alcohol combined with naughty foods made me put it all on over a month of partying. Diets I have done in the past include: WW, Cambridge, Lighter life, Slim Fast, SW and various combinations of my own made up low cal/low fat diets. Never have I got to goal, and never have I been happy in my adult life.

I have been working out lots recently, but to my horror I have GAINED weight... I am talking 6 pounds over 2 weeks. Now I know about muscle mass and water retention and all that - but I still cannot believe that what I am seeing it right. So I thought its probably down to my diet - need to kick this into shape AND exercise to get the right balance.

So here goes!
I have 6 weeks and 3 days until my holiday, but even AFTER the holiday I am going to work towards my goal and try to maintain.

STATS:

Weight: 12 stone 8.5
Goal: 10 stone 7

Waist: 34 inches
Bust: 36inches
Hips: 41 inches
thigh: 21 inches

I have decided (after many attempts) that sometimes inches mean more - hence why I have taken these the day I am starting. Will update my measurements every week too.

Support is REALLY needed with me - so any help/advice/support you can give - please do!!!

xxxx

Hiya
Welcome to the forum!

Inches are a great idea..... It can really help to see losses in places other than the scales.

Good luck, you will find lots of support on here :)

Thanks guys!!
After day one i am feeling full... which doesnt feel right like other diets lol.

Could someone check my food diary and check I have done it all right? Really paranoid that I havent! lol.

xx

Hiya,
I had a quick look, I assume you are doing EE? You had a nice variety of free/ superfree foods but possibly not enough syns? Obviously it may work for you that way, but it's not supposed to be a " diet" as such so you should treat yourself to a few yummies!
Plenty of water too! I eat loads more than you too and still lose so make sure you don't get hungry.
Xx

Oh I really am full!! I know about the syns ... I just didnt want to eat if I wasnt hungry ... if you know what I mean.

But then it hit me. I hadnt used EXTRA lean meat. So I worked it out and for me 1/3 of the cottage pie I had 9 syns!
So that works that out.

haha.

Need to get some extra lean mince though ;)

xx

Hello there, I went to my first ever SW meet last wednesday, so I am new to this too. I too am feeling so full all the time that I keep questioning whether it is right. I have re-assured on here that it is. I really don't feel like I am on a diet at all. Good luck with your journey, I go to weigh in the day after tomorrow, so I am hoping that I have done well, being my first week n all. :)

Hi - I know what you mean about inches instead of pounds. I do SW, and do a class at the gym every day (aerobics / body bump / body combat / LBT / whatever's on) amd sometimes swim as well. I'll know when I've arrived because my clothes (the smaller ones at the BACK) of the wardrobe) will fit me properly again. I can get in them and do them up now, but not a comfy / flattering fit yet, so a bit further to go.

Hello Jenxy! Good luck in your WI! let me know how it goes.
I am super excited about it because I REALLY want to lose weight for my holiday whch is in just over 6 weeks time. Over a stone by then and I will be happy. Stone and half + if I have my own way. haha.

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Tips welcome as to how to speed it up to get my beach body in 6 weeks. Target is only 2 stone anyway!

xx

Well done for joining, I agree measurements are important especially if your a gym go-er! I might add my measurements to my diary and join you :)

In 6 weeks you can be slimmer, toned and enjoy your holiday

Welcome, good luck everyone with weight losses, my 1st week I didn't use up hardly any of my syns, I think I only had 23 for the week, this is the only week that I gained, so I make sure I use all my syns without a doubt!! Also a good way to speed up the loss is to have lots of superfree and superspeed foods!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back