Newbie seeks help

josephinedrania

Hello! I'm new here (as are so many others, it seems) and I'd appreciate a little welcoming advice.

I'm currently tossing up between Rosemary Conley's weight loss aide, or Weight Watchers. I know WW people will pump WW, and RC people will pump RC, and I'm fine with that, if you can tell me why you chose WW or RC, how you stuck to it (and if you did, well done!
:winner:), and which part of it you did (e.g. meetings, online, home). :sign0163:

I would be so grateful for your help! I'm so lost with all the choices out there.

:thankyou:

Hi and welcome...I'm doing calorie counting, healthy eating etc so cant help you with your choice but thought I'd welcome you.

Have a look at diaries on here for RC and WW, it might give you an idea of which way to go.

Good luck

CC

Thank you! :thankyou:

I've been reading through some (instead of doing my dissertation, oops!) and everyone seems so lovely here. I'm looking forward to starting to lose weight and sharing. :D

Hi and welcome. We know they all work if you commit to it. So if you need to go to a class I'd choose the day/time and place which is most convenient to you no matter which diet it is.

Good luck

Irene xx

hi and :welcome: to the forums! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

hi and welcome to minimins i have tried ww and rc but didnt like either of them hated the fact i have to count everything have been following slimming world for 11 weeks and have lost 15lbs so far i really don't feel like i am on a diet :17729:

I would agree with above - I don't think it really matters what you choose. As long as you stick to it, it will work. Therefore in my mind, your choice is what you will best be able to stick to.

I had never done slimming world before - started it online about 3 months ago and have lost just short of 3 stone. The plan suits me so well - there is nothing that I can't eat and I have lovely big meals of things that I love (eg rice, pasta etc). I have had to dramatically increase my consumption of fruit and veg (which wasn't difficult because I wasn't eating much before !) but because I can eat plenty of other stuff as well, it is ok. It doesn't feel like it makes sense (to be unlimited in so many foods) but it just works.

My main positive for this is that it feels like a plan I can follow for the rest of my life. Hopefully I will do. I'll let you know in a few years !!!!

Best of luck whatever you choose.

Gail x

Welcome to the forum. I haven't tried either of those diet so I can't help you with your choice. Good luck.

Back