newbie starting slimming world needs help

Hi indiebabe,
here is a really gorgeous filling snack and trust me it takes no time to make and is unbelievable, i have adapted it for more taste but its in the slimming world book you get in your pack entitled potatoe tortilla,
peel three potatoes and dice them, dice a whole onion, fry them poth in fry light with garlic, i at this stage add a generous pinch of salt...as the way the recipe states makes it too bland.....then beat 4 or 5 eggs, add 48 grams,( a little smaller than a small matchbox) of weightwatcher reduced fat mature cheese Hex a, not sure of syn value, add a little salt to the eggs too, trust me you need it...then put the potatoes garlic and onions into a flan dish sprayed with fry light, i use a silicone cake tin, add the egg mixture with the cheese mixed in it, put in oven on 170, keep an eye on it and remove when set and golden brown on top.....trust me this is absolutely gorgeous and if cheese is a hex a its then syn free!!!! so you can eat the whole thing if you like lol i do! would be great to have with baked beans or slimming world chips, or even both or just on its own like me, it doesnt last long enough to make the chips lol

Lasttime, thanks for the recipe! Made it for lunch ( was lucky to be working from home today) and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Feeling very fat and bloated today, I'm sure it's to do with the bladder infection I have though and not the plan but its very frustrating! x x

hi there indie, i ate one a half of those yesterday and was 2lb lighter today lol so i doubt its the plan, buti did feel bloated too.....i just love them so much though, glad you enjoyed it ;)
good luck!

Hello Lasttime! I also joined after the new year and to date have lost 10LB. I am about the same height as you (5ft 7in) and weighed to start with 246 LB. Regarding the SW books, if you are registered with EBay, there is always someone selling old magazines quite cheap. I find these a great sourse of inspiration and ideas. Good Luck, I will follow your progress!!! Jane

thanks jane and good idea! i shall look on ebay for magazines.....i am doing pretty well so far, lost 5lbs last week and so far this week another 3lb but got till monday to go so fingers crossed! i love this diet!

I do mostly green days as pasta is my love and meat i can take or leave, i get really confused by the EE concept tho can some one tell me if i have it right?

on ee you eat one HXA and one HXB per day and then anything red or green yes so i could have jacket potatoe, tuna & beans for lunch and that would be totally free (wich i know if i did it as a green day the tuna could count as my 2nd hxB which is what i do now) but i could then go on and eat, chicken, rice etc or spag bol for tea syn free?

Im too scared to try EE atm, and living off pasta, mug shots fruit, salad,yog and tined spaghetti is currently making me very happy lol! also what is the theory behind 5-15 syns a day, the only week i went to a meeting i had less than a syn per day all bar one, apart from one treat meal is it ok to save them up like that because id rather save them for the weekend and be able to share a pizza with the o/h than eat them everyday?

I was scared the first two weeks but now i know what im doing.....albeit the 21 and 1/2 sins i have eaten today eeeeeek!!!!!

but yes you got it right with ee, 1 of each hex and free foods from red and green days, simple!

i started doing it this week and had lost 3 pound since monday so far, although no more sins for me knpow till after weigh in monday.....and i have just told the boys to go hide their milky way stars or else!

lol they ran with them to hide em...pheeeeew, i already ate a huge handful and they have the family size bags each!!! why do i buy them for them!!!!!
i should insist they only eat diet food haha....

so im sat in the lounge feeling huge after my 21 and half sins today, im feeling crap, and the kids have a huge platter of sweets crisps aeros etc for the movie and i have......a huge belly!

so has anybody else pigged out 3 days before weigh in and gone over their sins and if so will i catch up lol

21.5 syns is ok. I suggest that you try and keep your syns low for the next couple of days to adjust (but definitely don't have no syns at all - you may feel deprived and then more likely to go off track). No reason if you stick to syns from now that you won't lose. Some people use their syns weekly anyway.

So try not to feel back about it. It sounds like you are doing fine.

Good luck.

Gail x

when your watching a movie lasttime try what we do make your kids platter up then use a huge dip tray and fill it with carrot sticks cucumber sticks cherry tomatoes celery and any other healthy snacks you like, the reason i say huge as when my kids were little they'd come and sit next to me and prefer to eat the brightly coloured crudities rather than all the sweets and the sweets would go away for another day. it makes you feel lass deprived and the kids may just eat a little healthier

haha....my 21 ended up being a lot more milky way stars...dannit! but i am not feeling bad, i will have no syns today or tommorrow or monday and i should catch up , plus i shall concentrate on nice super free meals....not a problem although i felt crap last night. at least i know if need be for special occasions i can go over a little....thanks for the advice girlies :)

From experience I would try not to do 'no syn' days. When I have done it in the past I have been more likely to go off plan. By all means keep your syns low but I wouldn't advise no syns.

Gail x

lasttime said:
how is everyone?

Had a bad few days last week but got back on track and still managed to lose half a pound am totally focused this week and am aiming for my silver body magic so have upped the exercise

catlover53 said:
Ok this week thanks lasttime, 3lb down this week! How are you?

Well done Catlover 3lb is great you'll be at target before you realise

Brilliant. I'm sooooo pleased for you. You need to add a shiny to your signature now :D

Gail x

Back