Newbie thinking of starting Dukan Diet

tiggerfan

Hi there, I have the book from the library, had a good read, but it still seems a little bit daunting to me.
would be greatful for any help and advise

Thankyou
Karen

Like all good things there are rules to follow and yes it can be daunting, but once you start and get going it's easier. Make sure you have a supply of the basics like low fat yog,quark, cottage cheese, eggs, and a good amount of meats then look up some recipes, loads on here or Google and plan your week. You'll soon pick up the way to do it. This forum is ace for support and any questions at all just ask. There will always be someone who knows the answer. Welcome and good luck. X

I'm 10 days in and I think it's got a point where it's easier than not being on a diet at all! I don't really need to spend hours deciding what to eat and I don't need to count anything and I swear my supermarket shop takes half the time. Oh and I lost 10lbs my first week.. Go for it!

Hiya and good luck Karen. Best advice I can give is to make a spreadsheet of meals and plan ahead.never run out of protein to snack on good luck xxxx

Look at the menu threada dn get some ideas - there's also the recipe threads for inspiration - the more variety you get the more interested you will stay! Make a plan for the week and....... take the plunge!

OH and come back here for help and advice! Theres lots of lovely and experienced dukaneers here! :D

thankyou for the replies, have been busy reading away on here, to find some ideas for meals (i'm not very adventureous (sorry cant spell))
I've noticed a few people have muffins for breakfast, I cant find the recipe for these,

There are loads of recipes on hear for muffins. I use Ellies recipe of
This is two days allowance of oat bran
4 tbsp oat bran
5 Tbsp natural yoghurt
2 eggs
5Tbsp sweetneer into silicone muffin tins for 25 mind on 180°
When not in attack add 2Tbsp if wheat bran 1/2 tsp baking powder and flavouring if your choice
these are my diet staple xxx

there are quite a few different ones, a thread was put up last week i think where I posted quite a few recipes.

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/297588-dukan-muffin-recipe.html

check out this thread, I put a few recipes up on there.

Once in cruise you can use 1tbsp of wheatbran, which these recipes have in them. It helps spread out the oatbran, and depending on whether or not you like porridge you can always split the allownace so you get both.

hi! all i can say is try it, if its too hard or Ur tempted then it may not be for u. i tried it before and stopped after a week. i now realise its becos i wasn't drinking enough water which gave me headaches and made me lethargic. water is Ur best friend in dukan! the first 3days are the worst and after that Ur cravings disappear and seem to be replaced by energy!! iv been redoing dukan a week today and when i weighed the other day i had lost 6lbs. weigh in tomorrow. stock of foods is definately key and also mixing up Ur foods and recipes to keep it interesting. good luck Xxx

am going to give myself a test day 2morow, going to do 1 day of Duken, just to see if I can do it, if I can then I'll try and continue, if I stick to it, I only have to do 3 days of Attack.
How does this sound ???
b- 0% total greek yogurt
snack- galette thingy
lunch - cooked chicken pieces, eggs, turkey bacon bacon
snack- fromage frais (if needed)
dinner - salmon steak
unlimited coffee's and fruit teas
1.5ltrs water

hey tigger that day of food sounds good, lots of different things. Did you manage to stick to it. or have you not done it yet.

Back