Step 1 Sole Source Newbie to CD, hoping to start this month

I think I might have scared Ems away:(

I'm happy to wittering on to myself though :) got my weigh in tonight, really nervous! Haven't been 100% at all, which I'd hoped to be, but also wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be and had a couple of 100% days. Was sure the waistband of my work trousers was loose this morning, really hope I'm not imagining it! I'll ask my CWC to measure my waist tonight as well I think.

Ooh weigh in nerves!

Ooohhh poor ems, where has she gone? Cleo love your chat lol........ I'm starting next week (consultant on the 24th, starting on the 25th) and your describing everything I felt, nervous, anxious, excited and very very scared...... I'm dreading feeling hungry, or even cooking for the hubby and kids, not drinking coffee or eating chocolate..... Eeeeeeeeeeek x x x

Good luck kaza! Stick around here, looks like there's plenty of support :)

Today is my 3rd day of being totally 100% SS, and it's been easier today but probably only because I'm at work and distracted! When I'm at home (evenings & weekends) that's when I struggle and think about it too much!

How are you feeling about starting?

Good Morning Chloe, How did your 1st weigh in go? Are you still SSing? It really does get easier, I was on it 2 years ago and I lost loads of weight, it was fantastic, hard but amazing, then I decided (Like an idiot) not to work up the steps, I thought I knew better and could maintain by myself... as I'm back it's clear I was wrong, this diet is excellent and the results are brilliant, but you've got to stick with it and work up the steps, I find the key points for me are if I cheat I draw a line under it immediately and get back on with it, otherwise I'll spent the rest of that day scoffing like a hungry shark! I'm on day 10 of 100% and if my scales are correct I've lost a stone already, it's worth sticking to!xx

the more I'm waiting Cleo the more I just want to start!!!
Chrissy are you getting weight fortnightly, that's brilliant!!! I ideally have 4 stone to lose!! starting on Tuesday (with the consultant Monday afternoon). x x x

Weekly. lost 10lbs on Monday and weighed today and I've lost another 4lbs, I'm a scales fiend, I weigh daily, I wish I could stop but It's an addiction! Lol!xx

Thanks guys. My first week I was pretty poor - had a tiny nibble every day, so I've written that week off as just a practice! As a result, I had a pitiful weigh in of -2lb on Monday. However, since Monday, I have been totally 100% SS, so it obviously gave me the kick up the bum I needed. I have a lot of weight to shift in a short amount of time so I need to get serious now!

Today is Day 4 for me and it's been REALLY hard. I used a ketostick today which went pastel pink, so I think that means I'm in ketosis. Fingers crossed this makes it easier! I think one of the main reasons I'm struggling is because inside, I just can't/won't accept that I'll lose a considerable amount of weight. I literally cannot imagine myself slim, and I just feel like it won't happen - at best I'll lose a stone and then put it back again. So it feels a bit pointless, little sabotaging voice in my head saying, "eat! This won't work anyway!"

Hey ho! I'm going to keep taking it hour by hour and day by day and do my best..

A tip I heard was to really try to imagine yourself slim. Picture your hair, what you're wearing, how you're standing etc. close your eyes and imagine the slim you as clearly as you can. Put yourself somewhere familiar like in your house, in front of a mirror. Then imagine stepping into slim you (like a ghost possessing someone!) and think about how it feels. Look in the mirror and really see yourself as that slim, feel the less weight on your joints, the confidence, the energy, the pride etc.

You can then hang onto that feeling when you're struggling. It can really help!

I combine it with the NLP thing of anchoring emotions. When I'm feeling strong or determined or feel proud, I squeeze my thumb. After doing that a lot, you can squeeze your thumb when you're struggling and it brings all those positive feelings back.

I'm only 7 weeks in but it's done me ok so far!

Chrissy I'm gonna have to hide my scales lol........

Cleo, don't take it too seriously, like you say it's maybe the kick you needed, that was still a loss, and just think of a lb bag of sugar, it's still a lot!!

Funny farm.... That's a good one, I have a page in my notes for the reasons I'm wanting to lose weight.... Maybe good idea to spur someone on too x x x

Thanks kaza :):)

So weird, I honestly struggle trying to imagine myself slim. My brain won't allow the thought! I try and visualise it and the image is just fuzzy and foggy. I think I'm convinced I can't/won't do this.

Day 5 of being 100% today.....but tomorrow is the weekend :/ Driving lesson in the day which will be a good distraction, but my fiance's brother is staying this weekend and he loves to cook yummy foods for us all :(

Thanks kaza :):) So weird, I honestly struggle trying to imagine myself slim. My brain won't allow the thought! I try and visualise it and the image is just fuzzy and foggy. I think I'm convinced I can't/won't do this. Day 5 of being 100% today.....but tomorrow is the weekend :/ Driving lesson in the day which will be a good distraction, but my fiance's brother is staying this weekend and he loves to cook yummy foods for us all :(

Aww I know how you feel, it's about trying to change the way in which we see ourselves as well isn't it.... Wish it was as easy to just diet..... Well done on being 100% your keeping me positive for me starting on Tuesday! just wish it was over and done with now :( x x x

Step away from the lovely smelling food....... :) you will feel better for it... And next time don't have anyone around..... Lol ... Problem solved ;) x x x

Stick to it Cleo! Valentines day was the hardest for me, so used to cooking for hubby and to treat him I still did, I just bitterly watched him eat this wonderful meal I cooked while drinking a chocolate shake! It get easier and the weight loss spurs you on! I'm entering week 3 now, if I can do it after a million failed attempts anyone can!! X

Weight loss to date:
Week 1: 13lbs
Week 2: 6lbs

Total : 1stone 5lbs

Thanks so much guys. Luckily I've not come off plan so I'm very relieved. Just got to hang on as long as I can and not think about how far I have left to go!

Hi. Just joined this forum last night. Started ss last Monday. Lost 7.5lbs in first weigh in TOTM too! Have been really good so far. Found it difficult on Saturday, but then I found this forum for inspiration!!

I have established a little routine of having a pint of water then a fruity shake for breakfast. At lunch I use the vegetable stock drink like a "meal" followed by a "pudding" shake e.g. Butterscotch, vanilla or toffee walnut. For dinner I have another vegetable stock drink and either porridge or rice pudding. This seems to really help me out. Just thought if share my tips so far x

Bit fed up! I went for my weigh in last night. I don;t count my first week (even though I lost 2lbs) because I did really poorly, but that gave me a kick and I've been good since..next weigh in I lost 10lbs which reflected that. Last night I was weighted again - stayed exactly the same, or put a pound on if I've to believe my wii fit! My consultant says it's due to just finishing TOTM, but I've seen so many people on here have lossed despite TOTM. It's so incredibly disheartening when I've been doing my best.
I have a tight deadline for losing weight so now it feels like a wasted week :(

Emmyloulou - thank you for those tips! After reading that I got the savoury drink mix from my CDC and it's fantastic. I have it as a lunchtime drink and it keeps me going a while longer until my next shake :) Such a help, thank you!

Have now lost my first stone and got a cute little certificate from my CDC. 1 down, 5 and a half to go!! Now hoping that things move quicker with no more staying the same in TOTM. My body needs to stick to my schedule :p

You'll do it! Remember to take measurements as well so that when the scales are being cruel, you can still see progress. Get jeans in the next size down out where you can see them, and try them on regularly, at least once a week. Mark belts so you can see the inches coming off that way, take regular progress photos etc.

There are lots of non scale ways you can see your efforts paying off. Look for those thumbs up moments and savour them, they'll help get you through the tough times.

I had a pair of size 14 skinny jeans fall down the other day. There is no food in the world that would make me feel as good as realising that the 12s are approaching!

The thing that derails you is letting yourself believe you won't do it, can't do it, don't deserve it. You will, you can and you do. Do whatever it takes to convince yourself of that, because on a diet this straightforward, nothing can stop you reaching your goal.

You've carried on when you struggled, you've carried on when the scales let you down and you felt despondent. If you can get through that, you can get through anything. Remember to give yourself the credit you deserve for the victories you've already had. They build a picture of who you believe you are. If you disregard your successes and focus on your failures, you'll convince yourself that you're a failure. If you acknowledge your successes, you'll start to understand how powerful you really are.

Hi Cleo I'm on week 4 and have only lost 2lb this week due to totm I was really disappointed too but think it affects everyone differently! Keep at it though hopefully it means a good loss next week :) I am also on a tight schedule as getting married in July!

Back