Step 1 Sole Source + Newbie to CD :)

iznil99

So I decided to start this as a spur of the moment thing really. I'm hoping to go to Mexico for Christmas and want to lose 2.5 stone by then otherwise I'm not going!

Spent pretty much all day today looking through this site and have no idea how to use it but I know it helped me a lot this evening to get through a tough couple of hours. Some truly inspirational journeys!

Anyway, just looking for some support from people who know exactly what I'm going through.

Hello. I am new too. It was my first day and wasn't too hungry really but ended up going to bed early due to a headache. Wishing you lots of luck. How are you finding the shakes and soups? I had a ready made banana which was ok and a ready made chocolate which I found hard to finish and a make your own vanilla which I didn't really like.

Hey! Well done on getting through your first day! I'm on day 7, due to have my first weigh later so a bit nervous but fingers crossed! I have really struggled with the food packs, I chose a variety but soon found I didn't like many. Infact I only like the chocolate ones so I'm living off those now but I think I'm going to swap them for the ready made tetras as I found them a bit nicer.

I'm coping ok with the hunger side of things, have found as long as you have at least three and drink plenty of water it's manageable but I am just really missing food in general. I really wanted a piece of toast last night and even went and bought the bread but I came on here and read through some of the threads and it stopped me from giving in! What makes it even harder is it's my birthday today and I had to buy cakes for my colleagues in work (that's company policy :)) but I can't eat any. But if I can get through this I can get through anything.

Good luck with day two! Hope you stay strong. Keep some painkillers with you over the next couple of days, that will help :) x

Happy Birthday and well done on not eating that toast. I have just done the family food shop and its odd walking around Tesco's knowning that I cant eat any of it.

Thank you :)

I am trying to avoid the supermarket as much as possible although I know I'm going to have to face the weekly shop soon! I've always been terrible for going shopping when I'm hungry and end up buying loads of cakes, crisps etc so I'm going to make sure I go just after a shake and avoid the naughty aisles!

Are you doing Sole Source or Sole Source +?

Well done for joining..

hungry? want to munch "proper food"? chicken or 2 boiled eggs worked for me especially in the first couple of weeks while your bodies adjusting..

keep your self busy.. reading, drawing, knitting, painiting etc

Hi, I too would like to join theis weeks newbies. I started on Monday, after thinking about it and 'nearly' starting a couple of times. Husband has a work Christmas Ball and the dress I bought will not do up - so no more putting it off and I have a real goal to work towards. The week isn't going to badly, apart from not sleeping, but am anxious about the weekend as we are supposed to visiting the in-laws and a hearty spread is normally laid on - do I tell them or go off plan for the day at this early stage? My gut says stick to it when it's going Ok, but didn't really want everyone to know.

Advice or tips welcome.

Heidi

Hi Heidi, well done on taking the first step! It's good that you have something to focus on I think it makes it easier as when you're having tough moments you just think of that and it helps get you through.

Re you in-laws, if it was me I wouldn't give in. It was my Birthday yesterday and I am going out on Friday with my friends but have decided not to ruin my efforts and am going to stick to water. I know I'm going to get soooo much grief from them but I'm going to stay strong. Obviously it's only you who can decide which option to take but I also completely understand you not wanting them to know. Perhaps you could just try and eat things that are on the SS+ list?

What I will say is it definitely works. I had my first weigh yesterday and lost 7lbs! :). Good luck for the weekend, let me know what you decide :) x

Hi

And welcome to all yhe newbies! I restated Monday after a couple of months off, day 4 for me, have been okay but having to fight temptation hourly it seems, not hungry just want to eat!

Good lcuk to everyone looking forward to sharing this journey with you all x

Hi, thanks for your post! You have literally summed up exactly how I feel! I'm so glad it's not just me. I get the odd hunger pang but it's not that that bothers me. I just really miss food!

Well done on starting back, looks like you did fab last time from your stats! :)

Hi lyndsay, i stated cd on sat so on day 3 now & staying focused as i am also going to Mexico at the end of Nov, when do you go? & whereabouts you going :) x

Hey, welcome to CD! How are you finding it so far?

Oh amazing! I'm going on 12th December for 2 weeks. We haven't booked yet because if I don't lose enough weight I'm not going but gonna book at the end of October (fingers crossed)! I've been looking at a place just outside Cancun. The hotel is Excellence Playa Mujeres. Where are you going? x

riviera maya

Im finding it ok just gotta get used to not eating food cant say i have been starving at any point so far although was ready for my lunch time shake today lol. Its my partners 40th thats why we have treated ourselves we are off to the sensatori its tompson own hotel had loads of great reviews cant wait, just hope i can shift at least a stone &? half & i will feel much better :) how you finding it? x

Hi guys

I'm new too
On day 2
May need some assistance soon!
Doing ok now but afraid if next few days getting tougher x

Oh my friend stayed there earlier this year, she loved it! Sure you'll have a great time! I don't think I could do this diet if I didn't have an incentive at the end of it, I don't think I have much willpower lol. I've been struggling a bit today, not really sure why. I think it's because it's been really cold, just want some comforting food.

Hi Gill, keep going and you'll be fine! There's loads of support on here for you :). The first week is hard but it's only temporary, it gets soo much easier as time goes on. Keep strong and keep busy :)

I've got my second weigh in on Wednesday, quite excited cause I haven't "cheated" yet (surprised myself). The loses make it all worth while :) xx

good luck for Wed Lyndsay keep us posted my 1st one is Sat & i think i will do the ss+ next week i was ok till this afternoon im missing food, but i know what i want at the end of this so im not wobbling i think if theres no significant difference in weight loss i might just do it lol, oh & my tummy is making weird noises too lol x

Thank you and good luck for Saturday! The weight loss keeps me motivated, I think that's why I've been able to stick to this better than any other diet (2 weeks, long time, I know!) lol. But because I anticipate to see such big losses each week, makes me think it's worthwhile. I'm very impatient and don't like waiting lol. I started on SS+ but have gone down to SS now. I struggled with the foodpacks towards the end of my first week because I realised I really didn't like them! Now I live on the chocolate tetras 3 times a day, love them. If you're feeling hungry just drink water, makes it go away! It's strange that that's all it takes. Usually I'd be reaching for a piece of toast or something but all you actually need is water?! This diet is definitely making me think about food more, in a way that I think I will be more careful about what and when I eat once I've finished.

Let me know how you're feeling tomorrow :) xx

Wow Lyndsay how on earth do you manage on only one flavour? Your'e doing really well under those circumstances! I do more of a lucky dip - put the hand in the box and see what I pull out. I ask my CPC to just give me a selection, so I don't get bored.

I found the weekend really difficult. Went out with my parents on Saturday and ate a bar whilst they all ate in the cafe at Longleat, then to the in-laws on Sunday and ate a shake whilst they had roast pork. Then my very supportive husband couldn't help himself and had am ice cream from the local dairy. I'm amazed I didn't cheat at all, so fingers crossed I can keep with this for the duration.

Like you, I'm thinking more about managing food and how I intend to eat when they weight has gone...

Heidi

Morning all, well so far so good feel OK today haven't had my first shake yet gonna save till about 10 so far blk coffee & 1 pint of water, oh the joys of this diet lol but needs must & i want the weight to melt so forget all the tempting things in he way & get on with it!! :) good luck for a big loss today Lyndsay :) :)

Well done Heidi for staying strong at the weekend we can ALL do this lets get losing them unwanted pounds xxxx

Hi everyone! Hope we're all having a good day. Must admit today has been one of the tougher days for me. I'm at university every Tuesday and I just can't see that it's plausible for me to drink enough water as I'd be in and out of my lectures every 5 mins! So I've probably only managed about half today so gonna try and get the rest in this evening. It definitely makes me feel more hungry though! I'm thinking of having an omelette tonight with some veg, I'm still dabbling between ss and ss+ not sure which one i am doing really??

Well done guys for getting through another day! It's so helpful having support from people who understand. Enjoy your evening everybody! Xxx

Back