Step 1 Sole Source + Newbie to CD :)

Ohhh yay! Well done, that's fantastic. Are you pleased? Losses like that spur you on to keep going week after week.

Enjoy your dinner. I don't know whether to eat something or not tonight....I struggle a bit with what to eat. If anyone's got any suggestions, let me know! xxx

Thank you yes I'm very pleased with that its great, I did find a thread on here with loads of ideas for teas there's one I really fancy which was tuna with balsamic wrapped in lettuce leaves .

8 down 42 to go :)

Hello, I am a NEWBIE here! :)

Just started the Cambridge Diet. On Sole Source atm..

Could really do with encouragement and motivation.

Its day 3 tomorrow, strangely enough I'm really excited!

Hows it going for everyone else?

X

Hey wali(?),welcome and we'll done for for getting to day 3, as I'm sure everyone will tell you it does get easier after day 3.
Tracey congrats on a great week, well done. I've struggled last couple of days due to being in pain - I have joint hyper-mobility and fibromyalgia and dislocated my wrist, unfortunately due to being very grumpy gave in tonight and ate fish & chips with the family. Don't feel guilted, more disappointed and just hope it doesn't undo all the good work.

Heidi :cry:

Hi Wali, well done and its really good to hear you're excited about it! It definitely gets much easier into your second week. If you need any encouragement we're all here to help each other through. I'm doing SS+, I realised I didn't have the strength to do SS so I really admire you for that! Good luck on your journey xxx

Heidi, sorry to hear how poorly you've been. Fibromyalgia isn't something you hear of very often but my mum actually suffers with it so I know how awful it is! Hope you're feeling ok, today is a new day :) xxx

Afternoon girls, firstly i hope your ok Heidi gutted for you that you have been ill & had fish & chips but dont beat yourself up & just get back on it today onwards & downwards lovie we are all here to support each other & get to the end of this so we can live an healthy lifestyle we all need to keep telling ourselves this no food diet isnt forever & all will still be here when we are done & hopefully we will have learnt moderation & being slim is he way forward & this will get us to our goal much quicker than any other diet we have tried.

Hi Wali welcome to the forum like lyndsay said it does get easier longer your on it i have done a week ss & lost 8lb & yesterday i did ssplus but i decided today i am just gonna do ss for the rest of the week too scared lol keep checking in on here & let us know how your doing if your feeling a bit wobbly look at before & after pics that should hopefully keep you motivated good luck on you journey :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Girls, just checking in, hope your all ok & are all on track, day 8 for me & still going strong had a fairly quiet weekend which makes things alot easier anyway hope your all doing ok xxx

Afternoon :). Have been busy doing an assignment for uni all weekend. So boring but keeps me busy at least. Well into my 3rd week now and I haven't failed yet but I dunno, I just thought I'd see a difference by now but I haven't seen any change. Although the scales say I'm losing weight, I don't see it. Feeling a little down and disheartened tbh. Hopefully it'll pick up. Anyway, hope everyone else is doing good and staying strong :) xx

Hey everyone , i started the cambridge plan on wednesday and im on day 5 .......been the hardest 5days of my life especially at weekends :( got my first weigh in on tuesday dont know whether im excited or nervous :-Sx

Hey Lindsay don't feel disheartened we don't put the weight on over night so we have to be patient, I think 6 weeks to see a real difference, but listen I completely understand where your coming from, I want to get into a brand new pair of size 14 jeans now that jve been doing this diet 8 days but realistically it aint gonna happen but WE WILL get there as long as we stick to the plan keep your chin up & keep busy & drink water it's a must on this diet, I've been hungry today not starving but really could eat something but there's no way I'm gonna allow myself to not when it takes 3 days to get back into ketosis xxxx

Hi Michelle!

Well done on getting this far. I say this all the time but it really does get so much easier! Aslong as you stick to plan you will see changes. I know I've just said I can't tell yet but i know loads of other people have commented already that I've lost weight, and I'm just the most impatient person I expect results ASAP! How are you finding it all? Do you like the products? It makes it easier once you've found ones you like and honestly, if you're ever feeling hungry, just drink water it makes such a difference, Tracey I hope you're seeing this, I know you said you're hungry today. You're totally right, it will be worth it in the end :). I've had to endure cooking a full English and a roast dinner today and watching other people eat them. If I can get through that I can get through anything! I'm definitely feeling more positive now. Thanks for your support. Michelle, let us know how you get on on Tuesday, I've got my third on Wednesday oh how time flies! :) x

morning all, feeling ok today managed to cook my OH dinner & bake a almond slice & jam tarts his favourites i shouted at him this morning cos im grumpy cos of the withdrawal from food we never have a cross word so im mortified i have said sorry & as ever he just said if you need to shout just shout lol couldnt do it without his support :) hope you all getting on ok,

oh & i managed to bak without tasting incredible for me lol xxxx

Hi everyone, how are you all doing today? I did a bad thing, decided to take my measurements ahead of my 3rd weigh in tomorrow night and from what I can see I've gotten bigger! What is going on?! I decided to stick with SS+ and have one meal a day but I'm beginning to think that is slowing this down. Last night I had a one egg omelette with some chicken and broccoli. Is that bad? I'm drinking approx 3 litres of water a day too, do you think I need to drink more? I'm convinced ill go and weigh tomorrow and I'll have stayed the same. Really needing some support :( xx

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words! :)

I have just completed Day 6 and have so far found my clothes feeling much more loose already! Yay me!!

I have my weigh in tomorrow.. Hoping to have lost at least 6-7lbs.. Maybe I'm being a bit too ambitious?

So far, it hasn't been challenging to resist food even though I'm only doing sole source. However, my mother dearest is making sweet indian pancakes with molasses. Just smells DELISHHHH! :(

It definitely gets easier and I would like to wish everyone good luck! Just think of where you want to be in so and so time..

I have been recording a diary and have found it helps.. I enjoy looking back at it and comparing Day 1 to where I am now. It feels like a great accomplishment!

I have so many events upcoming like two weddings and two pre wedding parties! I hope I remain focused!

Wish me luck guys!

X

Wali-Star said:
Thank you all for your support and encouraging words! :)

I have just completed Day 6 and have so far found my clothes feeling much more loose already! Yay me!!

I have my weigh in tomorrow.. Hoping to have lost at least 6-7lbs.. Maybe I'm being a bit too ambitious?

So far, it hasn't been challenging to resist food even though I'm only doing sole source. However, my mother dearest is making sweet indian pancakes with molasses. Just smells DELISHHHH! :(

It definitely gets easier and I would like to wish everyone good luck! Just think of where you want to be in so and so time..

I have been recording a diary and have found it helps.. I enjoy looking back at it and comparing Day 1 to where I am now. It feels like a great accomplishment!

I have so many events upcoming like two weddings and two pre wedding parties! I hope I remain focused!

Wish me luck guys!

X

Hi all just thought I would pop,on and say how amazing u r all doing and that you can and are doing this :) your jeans/bikinis etc will be fitting you in no time carry on xxx and good luck with your journeys and for WI today xxxx

Nothing tastes as good as Slim feels :)

Morning all, firstly Lyndsay i dont think you have done anything wrong unless you had your full quota of chicken? but then you only had an egg so dont think it will do any harm so chin up & fingers crossed for a weight loss this evening x

Wali your doing so well not giving into all that tempting indian food the aromas would drive me wild lol.

Im on day 12 today & had struggled last 2 days wanting to eat food lol, i havent given in but really had to have a strong word with myself it will all still be here when im done & i will be able to have it in moderation thats my little mantra lol it keeps me going anyway, i have to say this diet has made me see food in a completely different light which has gotta be a good thing.

Good luck to both of you for weigh in make sure to come on & let me know how you have done :) xxx

Hm thanks for your encouraging words, you have done fantastically on your journey well done, & its stats like yours that keep me going thanks again tee xxxx

Hi Tracey,

I'm feeling a bit better today. I've got my weigh in at 6:30 so will see how I get on then! Fingers crossed!

Hope you all have a successful day :) x

So ladies.. Just got back from first weigh in..

I lost 5.5lbs.. I was expecting 6 or 7lbs but I'm still not disheartened by it. Considering I had drank like 750ml prior to my weigh in, my consultant was saying that the water I had been drinking has had a little impact on my weight loss.

I've resisted the sweet indian treats and succeeded in a Costa session with my girlfriends.

I have a wedding to go next week. Im hoping to lose a few more inches before it :)

Thank you all for your support.. I shall keep you all updated! :)

Well done that's a great starting loss! We weigh on the same day which is nice :). I had my third one today and I've lost another 3lbs so that's 13lbs in total now yay! Defo does work. Congrats hun, keep it going. The hardest part is over now. :) x

Back