Newbie to DC

OOOHHHH EEEERRRR!!!
Opened packs of Lamb Hotpot
one DC
one Look what we found
both with exactly the same details on the back, same cals, contents etc etc

one containing whole slices of potato, chunks of carrot, peas and chunks of lamb in a tasty gravy

one containing broken slices of potato mushed up carrots and peas and a sort of meaty pale gravy , no chunks no taste and now in the bin

I really thought they were going to be the same.
Looks like my DC is heading back to QVC
I need to stick to this diet and think this is the only way for me.
Hugs
Val

Hi Val

This has really surprised me. Read lots on the forums and lots of old DC'ers were saying LWWF are DC suppliers so I'd have thought, with details on pack being the same the meals would have been same. In fact was thinking what a bargain it was from QVC as it worked out a lot less than LWWF direct. After reading you post I now see why!

My QVC DC lamb hotpot was okay but as you describe no chunks of anything and just a grey gravy sort of mush - how darnwell shocking!!!! I haven't had anything with chunks of anything in it yet but am only on day 4 so chance yet I guess. Can't comment on the taste as I am full of cold at moment. But will certainly consider ordering some meals from LWWF now I've read this.

Thanks again
Jane

Wondering if DC have changed suppliers ? I also read that LWWF made DC food and all the packs do read the same. Have only compared the one meal but HUGE difference. I paid £90 for meals and soups , was £100 and free delivery then got 10% off for new cust. I then bought a few soups from covent garden soups and had 1/2, bought granola from Sainsburys, instant porridge sachets from Quacker oats and Nairn biscuits, Cheese flavour are 88p from Asda . So I think it would work out cheaper. And you get to choose your dinners, Not so much choice though. But as I havent been happy with any DC dinner Im going to return whats left. Yes it means weighing granola. But I can do that in one go and bag it up. I feel like I have done alot of moaning about the dinners while everyone else seems happy. I do love all the other stuff and if I hadnt seen or tried LWWF I would have stuck with it. But my eyes were really opened by the difference in the two hotpots.
had yummy granola with cinnamon and grapefruit plus a sliced banana for brekkie heading for a great day
Hope everyone has a great day and this weather is not keeping you in
Hugs
Val

I also found the pack were different I have some stock from before crimbo and want to use up so will be using but I had the fellside beef cass, one DC and one from LWWF and the LWWF was tastier and bigger chunks in it, DC was different less chunks, a bit more watery and not as tasty but as you say all the ingrediants, cals nutriental value the same. Dont know just one of them things, once my stock has run out I will have to source elsewhere as the granola and porridge make me feel sick and can buy the hamper without it. So they have lost my custom now. Shame it was convienient, does anone know where I can get the soups, found some of the main meals but not all of them:confused:. Any input greatfully received.

Last edited:
Im thinking of doing the covent garden soups, just checking cal content and having half a pack. You can also buy the soups on LWWF at the moment they have a sale on too !!! I have got lots in at the moment but still might buy some dinners while they have 50p off each one. Would like to be able to buy the chriozo and bean soup though found that really nice.
Hugs
Val

Im thinking of doing the covent garden soups, just checking cal content and having half a pack. You can also buy the soups on LWWF at the moment they have a sale on too !!! I have got lots in at the moment but still might buy some dinners while they have 50p off each one. Would like to be able to buy the chriozo and bean soup though found that really nice.
Hugs
Val

i love that one also but cant find it anywhere even the LWWF weren't showing it either HELP!!!

Hi,
ordered the TSV today and cannot wait to get started !!! Studied various sites and can see I could !!! buy it all seperate but would I measure it out the same ??? Would the extra oat biscuit creep in ? Does it work out cheaper to buy from Look What we found and biscuits/granola from Sainsburys and I havent found the wildly different bars yet !!! I have placed an order on QVC to repeat but I could cancel if I find it cheaper. But I think I need to have it measured etc .
Over the years i have lost around three people !! I have the perfect start now with DH going to Thailand for the next 2 months only my self to please.
I need to lose at least 3 stones and could do with a friend along the way. Any tips/support will be gratefully received. I look forward to hearing from anyone who is starting out or who has had good results with DC.
Hugs
Val
HI,
Been on DC since Sep 2009 and lost 36lb
put on 6lb as a CHRISTMAS pressy.:cry:
and working hard to get back on track..
speak later
itsy xxx

Back