Newbie to DC

Hi,
ordered the TSV today and cannot wait to get started !!! Studied various sites and can see I could !!! buy it all seperate but would I measure it out the same ??? Would the extra oat biscuit creep in ? Does it work out cheaper to buy from Look What we found and biscuits/granola from Sainsburys and I havent found the wildly different bars yet !!! I have placed an order on QVC to repeat but I could cancel if I find it cheaper. But I think I need to have it measured etc .
Over the years i have lost around three people !! I have the perfect start now with DH going to Thailand for the next 2 months only my self to please.
I need to lose at least 3 stones and could do with a friend along the way. Any tips/support will be gratefully received. I look forward to hearing from anyone who is starting out or who has had good results with DC.
Hugs
Val

HI Val,

I order it direct from the diet chef website. I haven't seen the QVC offer but friends have told me their is more choice on the DC website. They just send you enough for the time period you want (same as QVC i think). If you subscribe for 2 months on their monthly hamper you get 5 weeks for the price of 4. I started it late Oct and lost 22 lbs. December was a disaster - just lost all my will power and put 9lbs back on but back on this strictly since Sunday and 4 of those 9 off so I'm pleased with that. Good Luck - let us know how you are doing.

WOW thats a great weight loss. Good to hear it works. Aiming to weigh and start Friday as DH leaves for two months tomorrow, so finishing cheese etc off from Xmas !!! Will look back once weighed and started. hopefully my months meal supply will arrive tomorrow but now with the snow !!! who can tell
Chat soon
Val

Hope it gets to you OK. Your Dh will get such a surprise when he gets back.

Hi ChudleighVal - I did DC last year and lost around 3 stone - I had a bit of a mad year for one reason and another and wasn't perhaps as focussed on myself as I should have been! Stupidly I let it all go! I had a couple of attempts to get back on track but failed so my DH said to get Christmas out of the way and start again a fresh and so here I am! I know it works for me - last time - I started off with 2 weeks of a fab weight loss and then it was a fairly constant 1 -3 lbs a week on average. By the end I probably was letting the odd glass of wine creep in - but the stress was starting to build up!! and then well.....a couple of fab hols and a big op and a mother in law and the rest is history!!
Doing so far so good!! I weigh on a monday and will post on my signature each week but I do (despite everyone saying you shouldn't!) weigh each day as I find it keeps me focussed!
Have you started ?
Speak soon!

Weighed in this morning !!! Oh my giddy aunt !!! Thank goodness I have now got today under my belt and off to a good start. Might have to go to bed early as I only have 1 biscuit left for today !!!
Enjoyed the poprridge and soup. Had sausage casserole for tea thankfully with lots of veg !!! Not keen on this meal tastes like baby food !!! Hope the rest is better. Had a mango after tea and earlier ate one biscuit from my pack. Already had a bath and in pj's well it is 7pm !!! Looks like I now have 4 stones to lose so this is gonna be a long haul .
Can anyone tell me what is a scrummy dinner please. Whats your fav ? Im sure I read somewhere that the sausage meal was FAB !!! Really not to my taste.
Looking forward to some good weight losses. If it has worked and now working for you guys well then Im in with a chance too.
Hugs
Val x

I pretty much like them all - but a few of my friends have tried to do DC and disliked the food! Perhaps my taste is not too good! Anyway my fav's are chilli con carne, chicken curry and veg curry - I also like the morrocan veggie chick pea tajine one! The soups I like chicken, mushroom ham and pea and spicy beef (my mouth is watering thinking about the spicy beef one!!). I haven't eaten yet as had a late lunch as worked until 2.30 grabbed a quick one on the run!! Have had another 100% but have srong urge for wine!! I never drink in the week - not at all as working but Fridays I usually have a couple of glasses of wine with my evening meal - and since I am trying to be good - NO wine!!:sigh:

I just received my Diet Chef hamper from QVC and am starting this weekend. Doing weigh in tomorrow but I know already I have over 10 stone to lose so am in for the very long haul. Have tried other diets in the past and usually get to the 3 stone mark before it all goes wrong but have put so much weight on now if I don't make a change for good I will be shortening my life span considerably so am going to put everything I can into succeeding a step at a time.

Hope it all goes well for you and I'd be keen to know any tips for diet chefing to weight loss success.

good luck
Jx

Welcome :welcome2: Super Stan
DC is a good diet - but it is very low GI and very low cal so be careful if you have lots to lose. You may well feel very tired, hungry and have a headache for the first few days/week. Certainly that is my experience!! It is a portion control diet and initially it all seems such small amounts but you do get used to it all!!
I actually like all the food but not everyone does! Stay focussed and positive and it will work - remember you can do it!!

Thanks Laura, it's good to know what to expect so I will stock up on plenty of fruit and veg to bulk up meals a bit to begin with. The packs look like a wide selection of foods and I'm not that picky so fingers crossed I'll like it, but to be honest as long as I can eat it I am going to have to stick to it as the last 12 months I have really started to see my health/fitness deteriorating, now going upstairs at home feels like an effort. So you can see why the forums are going to be a life saver for me, to keep me motivated and supported. Reading the comments on here is great, I'm new to the forum thing having just got online but am already getting addicted and am as keen to find out how everyone is doing as I am about my own weight loss, with that in mind good luck for Monday. I'll have just begun then.
Toodlepip
superstan

First day

Hi Laura, Val & Super Stan,

I am starting my DC today. It arrived yesterday and I want to get started straight away. The sooner the better. I lost 23.5lb with WW in 9 weeks before xmas:D I have since put on 4lbs over xmas.:eek:

I thought doing something different would keep me focused and although WW really worked for me, I thought doing DC might help me get back on track and keep up the good work. I will try it for a month. I may do longer if I really like it. Will have to wait and see.

I have a holiday planned in July so would really like to have lost a fair amount of weight by then but am not going to put myself under any pressure. I can't do it like that. I always fail if I give myself deadlines:(

My main reason for wanting to lose the weight is that I have a prolapsed disc in my back and I cannot have the operation untill I lose weight. I am only 36 and this has been a big worry for me. I have been very limited in what I can do, exercise is a big problem due to the pain I am in but I am hoping that as I lose weight it will get easier and I can have my op.

I would like to loose over 4 stone which seems loads,:eek: I will take it 7lbs at a time.

I know it will help me talking to you guys and getting advice and support from the forum.

Good luck on your journeys. It is possible for us reach our goals. We need to remember how badly we want this everyday and what a difference it will make to our lives!!

Going to have my first DC meal now.

Speak soon.
xxx

Hi,
Had the choc porridge for brekkie. Unusual taste sort of nutty !!! And had a bit of a nutty texture too. Not too sweet and very warming on this freezing day !!! Not sure if its just me !!! Is it all in my head !!! Do I really feel starving ? 3.5hrs since breakfast !!! Trying hard to save fruit and snack for tonight. Having the chiorzo and bean soup and one slice of wholemeal toasted for lunch. I have got about 4 stone to lose so realise its a long journey and I need that slice of toast with the soup or I may cheat/crack/sob !!! I got the shock of my life with my weigh in !!! And 2 months ago I had a partial knee replacement so the extra weight is not helping to stop the pain in my joint.
Do you intend to exercise at all ? I have borrowed an exercise bike and got it infront of the tv in the kitchen so 10 mins done this morning and my aim !!!! is to do 3x10 mins daily. Plus Im going to do the step on wii fit. Oh and walk the dog . But as the weather is so bad Im terrified incasre I slip and damage my new knee !!!
Stuck in this morning hoping my new boots arrive !!! My treat [one of them] while DH goes diving in Thailand. He phoned this morning saying how he didnt want to tell me how hot it was !!! Poor Him !!!
Well hope your all having a great day and together we can do this
Hugs
Val

Hi Val - I do no exercise at all! I would struggle to fit it in at the moment!! Tho' my friends who run seem to always find time so perhaps I am lacking in motivation!! I have a busy full life at the present time and until things change it will be no regular exercise!! It's funny because I ensure the children exercise ie swimming lessons, footie training and we walk the dog but I don't really focus on me!! Also ensure children have a healthy diet and get their 5 a-day!!
We are still hoping for some more snow as we haven't had much really! Is your DH on hols or working in Thailand?? Did you not want to go??
You can always try a couple of savoury oat cakes for lunch with your soup? That's what I do if starving - tho the granola generally fills me up until lunchtime! Do you like the nakd bars?

Hi
DH is on a resettlement course training on as a diving instructor after 38 years in the RAF . Yes I REALLY wanted to go but what with the weather as it is Im worrying if my oldies need shopping etc. But that could be covered. But I have a cocker spaniel and normally I leave her with my brother and his family but just before Christmas they got a puppy and she just nags her all the time !!! My dog Betty is very gentle and I just feel its not fair to leave her with them. My sister offered to come look after her and the oldies for 1 week. But it will cost around £700-£800 for flights so for one week its just too much. My MIL offered to pay. Trying to be positive and think this is a great time to lose lots of weight and have lots of me time. But boy would I love to be there !!! It was my choice to get Betty and I love her to bits.
Had porridge for breakfast and planning on having a shower , putting my make up on and visiting oldies then either picking up my knitting !!! or doing some sewing.
Hoping my new wig arrives this morning !!! I have my own hair but I have two wigs just for fun. Just for a change of colour !!! I buy the Kyle Kain wigs which are cheap but look very real. I have ordered a medium length in Expresso Plum its sort of auburn !!! Its like wearing a hat and your hair looks really tidy !!! And very glamorous Well thats what my sister says !!!
So come on girls do something just for you today !!! Apply hand cream , soak in the bath with candles lit, put your make up on, perfume, earrings anything that makes you feel good.
Have a great day
Val x

What a great course for resettlement Val, very jealous. My DH is RAf too -and trying to work on him to leave in 2 years - but I won't let him have a resettlement course like that!!!

I love the sausage casserole, chicken tikka, beef casserole, paella... in fact I haven't had a main that I didn't like yet.

Did your new boots arrive? I am waiting for my exercise video to arrive (should have been here last week) then i shall start doing that most days. Its only a 'fun' one nothing too heavy but thought it might lift my spirits a bit. I'm at home with the children (1 toddler other 2 at primary school) and DH is away all week so once I get them home from school and into bed I am pretty much stuck in the house. We only moved here 6 months ago and so far haven't managed to find a babysitter who can get back under his/her own steam so fairly housebound. I hardly watch TV - Dancing on Ice and thats it so thought a nice dancey exercise video might be fun and fill the evenings in a bit - well a break from housework etc if nothing else.

Hi
Well holding head in shame :cry:Had lots of grief yesterdsay thrown at me. No excuse :cry:Just some days are very difficult looking after 3 oldies all in mid-late 80's. plus the added call from estate agents that bungalow my oldies lived in which we need to sell to help with costs of us moving to OZ later in the year may have subsidence !!! Then letter from new insurance company for my car. saying my proof of no claims is unacceptable and I need to pay another £120 and if no new proof arrives within 14 days my policy will be cancelled !! Then to open MSN and have a message from DH in thailand saying no time to email just going out for food and the sharks are great !!! At this point Im sat opposite my mum who is huffing and puffing !!! Stress is getting to me big time !!! So I did what any 'normal' person would do !!! Ate both small selection packs !!! Think its a control thing !!! either trying to be in control of something or lack of control !!! Did I feel any better !!! WORSE !!!:cry: My evening got worse !!! Im not going to mention the cereals !!!
But today is another day !!! I have handed over the bungalow problems to my brother, my dH has emailed insurance company. I have taken mum to doctors. Found dads hospital appointment, spoken to council re mums daycare bills, council about dads housing payments direct to landlord. Spoken to pensions re mums pension credit and found MIL a two bed sheltered flat in same building as my mum and set up meeting with council about dad paying for care.
For me !!! I have had B12 injection , coil removed, got referral to go to Swindon Diet Busters which is a 12 week course 3/4hr chat and 3/4hr exercise. Phoned local Devere hotel and got 2 months membership full time at £40 per month no membership fee. Told them DH was called away in the forces !!! Not totally untrue !!! Its a FAB pool and hot tub sauna / steam room . Gym !!! lovely changing room. So now only need to pop in to sign up. Had porridge and Chicken soup plus small roll and 1 oatcake. Feeling much better and decided not to answer phone anymore today incase its an oldie !!! I will hear on answer phone if its an emergency !!! Oh and my wig has arrived !! No boots yet !!! But on thier way!!!
So tomorrow is a long way off and Im fighting back. Ok off to find a cossie !!!
Hugs
Val x:p

What a great course for resettlement Val, very jealous. My DH is RAf too -and trying to work on him to leave in 2 years - but I won't let him have a resettlement course like that!!!

I love the sausage casserole, chicken tikka, beef casserole, paella... in fact I haven't had a main that I didn't like yet.

Did your new boots arrive? I am waiting for my exercise video to arrive (should have been here last week) then i shall start doing that most days. Its only a 'fun' one nothing too heavy but thought it might lift my spirits a bit. I'm at home with the children (1 toddler other 2 at primary school) and DH is away all week so once I get them home from school and into bed I am pretty much stuck in the house. We only moved here 6 months ago and so far haven't managed to find a babysitter who can get back under his/her own steam so fairly housebound. I hardly watch TV - Dancing on Ice and thats it so thought a nice dancey exercise video might be fun and fill the evenings in a bit - well a break from housework etc if nothing else.

Hiya Setas where abouts r u???

Hi girls - my head is down as well Val - MIL who lives with us is now opening up all her lush Xmas choccies this evening - I just couldn't resist so I have had 4. Otherwise a good day!! I even cooked my evening meal totally separate to the lush meal I cooked for the rest of them!! I am not sure whether it is the children or the M and MIL who are the most challenging!! Still onward and downward!! Don't worry Val it all will work - hang in there!

Hi
Well holding head in shame :cry:Had lots of grief yesterdsay thrown at me. No excuse :cry:Just some days are very difficult looking after 3 oldies all in mid-late 80's. plus the added call from estate agents that bungalow my oldies lived in which we need to sell to help with costs of us moving to OZ later in the year may have subsidence !!! Then letter from new insurance company for my car. saying my proof of no claims is unacceptable and I need to pay another £120 and if no new proof arrives within 14 days my policy will be cancelled !! Then to open MSN and have a message from DH in thailand saying no time to email just going out for food and the sharks are great !!! At this point Im sat opposite my mum who is huffing and puffing !!! Stress is getting to me big time !!! So I did what any 'normal' person would do !!! Ate both small selection packs !!! Think its a control thing !!! either trying to be in control of something or lack of control !!! Did I feel any better !!! WORSE !!!:cry: My evening got worse !!! Im not going to mention the cereals !!!
But today is another day !!! I have handed over the bungalow problems to my brother, my dH has emailed insurance company. I have taken mum to doctors. Found dads hospital appointment, spoken to council re mums daycare bills, council about dads housing payments direct to landlord. Spoken to pensions re mums pension credit and found MIL a two bed sheltered flat in same building as my mum and set up meeting with council about dad paying for care.
For me !!! I have had B12 injection , coil removed, got referral to go to Swindon Diet Busters which is a 12 week course 3/4hr chat and 3/4hr exercise. Phoned local Devere hotel and got 2 months membership full time at £40 per month no membership fee. Told them DH was called away in the forces !!! Not totally untrue !!! Its a FAB pool and hot tub sauna / steam room . Gym !!! lovely changing room. So now only need to pop in to sign up. Had porridge and Chicken soup plus small roll and 1 oatcake. Feeling much better and decided not to answer phone anymore today incase its an oldie !!! I will hear on answer phone if its an emergency !!! Oh and my wig has arrived !! No boots yet !!! But on thier way!!!
So tomorrow is a long way off and Im fighting back. Ok off to find a cossie !!!
Hugs
Val x:p

Oh Val wot a day, but today is a new day, so onward and downwards. Big hugs coming your way .......(((((((HUGS))))))))

Thanks Guys,
Yesterday was a great day very positive and achieved lots. We can do this. I need to find how to deal with life when things start to crumble. And not head for the choc etc !!! Need to get an escape plan set up !!! Perhaps leaving a note on fridge saying something !! STOP YOU WILL REGRET EATING THIS !!! Go have a bath !!! Phone soneone. Any ideas ? How do you deal with stress etc ?
Have you seen the site 'look what we found' its the same food as DC but you can order individual meals . I ordered the TSV from QVC but thought it was gonna take longer to arrive so I bought food from this web site. Have been eating QVC stuff since friday but not liking the dinners last night I had the meatballs in tom sauce from look what we found , it is so tasty !!! I bought enough dinners and soups for 28 days, Got 10% off first order got it delivered free and it cost me £90 then bought Nairn oat cakes from Asda and sainsburys, bought Granola from Sainsburys and they have nakd bars. Have only had a few days out of QVC box and as I said I havent liked any dinners so thinking on sending it back. You do get 30 day money back and they collect. Just think the dinners are better from LWWF well last nights was !!! I have only had the one dinner and no ne of the soups yet but the packaging is nicer and it all sounds scrummy but when you compare the details of say the Lamb Hotpot they are identical. I perhaps should compare like for like and try the lamb tonight and tomorrow before deciding but I think it works out cheaper and you do get to choose what dinners you want. Interested to hear what you think and have you checked out the QVC DC forum ? early on lots of DC was returned !!! Still loving having a plan and thankful that DC have put this together.
Hope everyone is having a good day expect your all like me and got LOTS more snow. Not going out [unless I get my new boots] aim to do wii fit before lunch, got makeup on and new hair !!!
chat soon
Val x
where is your DH stationed setas ?

Back