Newbie to Exante

My dining table is now a storage solution for exante! It only works 'cos we have a kitchen table as well and we tend to only use the dining table at Christmas and Easter.

Haha mines all still stuffed in a box. My husband told me I had to find it a proper home as it annoys him.
I've recently bought a new cupboard for the kitchen, it needs painting to match my table I think I'll use that once it's done x

Haha mines all still stuffed in a box. My husband told me I had to find it a proper home as it annoys him.
I've recently bought a new cupboard for the kitchen, it needs painting to match my table I think I'll use that once it's done x

Yeah um mine is in a nice matchesfashion box because they're so dang cute.. But, really Exante is killing me with their deals! Sunday I received an email for their 100 packs special so off I went and ordered 100 more - So I'm not sure where I'll keep those. All I know is that i want to try everything before I reorder anything!
Speaking of which... just had the Indian Style Curry with Rice - Oh my goodness why did I not make the switch from Cambridge any sooner... That stuff is PURE heaven! I was going to have the carbonara tonight - but I might just have another one of these babies - I understand why some people are on the fence about the daal... this stuff is WAYYY better. My tastebuds feel alive - and I mean in a good way! It's one thing to know you're going to have 3 diet meals a day, and for them to be barely acceptable is another... but if it's something you can actually look forward to, I say this is going to keep me 100% for sure. That's really what was missing with CWP, a variety of savory choices - I'm just NOT a sweets kind of gal.

That's brill that you've found stuff you really like to eat. That's the key, I mean who wants to eat something they can't stomach! :/
I just wish everything could be made in the pots like the daal. X

OK! so will be adding that as my 3rd pack.. I was eyeing the packet wondering if I was setting myself up for a disappointing meal! I mean we "only" have 3 a day!

Haha I know what you mean. When you only eat 3 times a day it's like you've been robbed when you have to have something you don't like! Glad you like the curry and rice, I just had that for dinner - yum! :)

So as I just posted in lil's diary, my stomach is doing weird flutter/rumbling things... like I have to "maybe" go to the bathroom (sorry guys). So I hope it wasn't due to the curry!

That's brill that you've found stuff you really like to eat. That's the key, I mean who wants to eat something they can't stomach! :/
I just wish everything could be made in the pots like the daal. X
I definitely second that! Especially as I don't have a microwave... But it works out fine - I just can't be bothered going to the kitchen and "cooking" - if that's what it can be called!

OMG... NOT a fan of the carbonara! yikes yikes that is some weird stuff! It smelled pretty good, but the noodle texture and the sauce... :eatdrink017:
Retch! I'm not a fan of the original version, but this one is baaad - ok onwards to a new adventure tomorrow!

Haha it's just so bland deffo changed the recipie.

Well, at least you know it's not for you.
I've not tried many of the newer products as I found the shakes much thinner tasting than the original flavours. X

Day 1 nearly over.
3 packs done, not enough water but an improvement. I drink DR pepper zero so I'll count that towards my water intake - it's a liquid haha X
Just watching 'unforgettable' then I'll be off to bed.
Day 2 is normally a harder day for me.

Good luck Lil - I'm just so tired of losing the same pounds over and over again, I'm ready to see some new numbers on the scale. I hope I'll lose the same as on CWP - as I was typically losing 3-5 lbs a week past the first month,, closer to 5. I'm tall and I just had a read in Darcy's diary, she reckons it's harder the shorter you are as it's connected to BMR... I think it's connected to your lifestyle as well - desk job? running around after kids? If you were physically active as a child?
Which is why my kids have so many sports activities...esp my son - I think he took my genes, and the love of food from his dad which is just not a good combination - took him to see a nutritionist though - I really don't want him to struggle with weight as an adult. She was really good and explained to him that, no, life was not fair and some people had a harder time than others with the weight and he would have to just keep an eye out more than his friends. It's tough to hear, but so true, I just don't want to put my head in the sand about it!

Anyway, don't know what packs to eat today yet, but I'm thinking curry, shepherd's pie, and the bolognese. Had the CWP bolognese and I'm thinking anything has got to be better than that! think tofu bits in fake sugar sauce arghhh

UGH, working from home today... staying away from the kitchen. Have been having a very hard think as I'm transferring addictions.
Let me explain... I just think I fall in the category of addicted people. If it's not food (my addiction of choice), it just gets shifted onto something else... Right now it seems to be online shopping! I'm aware of this and I'm trying to make changes - but I may just have to go talk to a professional about this as I want to nip this cycle in the bud.
I already have too many material things (including closets FULL of things I can't wear right now). So my "technique" is to go on sites, put everything in my cart or wishlist, but not proceed to the purchase... I just leave the window open and walk away - it's hard to resist, but right now it's the only way I've figured out how to deal with this issue?
Am I the only one? I'm sitting here in my home office with like 4-5 shopping sites open;.. and resisting the urge to pull that trigger!

I know people who do that. It just doesn't help when the store emails you an offer to encourage you back to finish shopping! At least you are doing something to manage it, good for you :)

I know people who do that. It just doesn't help when the store emails you an offer to encourage you back to finish shopping! At least you are doing something to manage it, good for you :)
My first step to recovery was to unsubscribe to every store/ fashion websites etc
I actually saved myself time and energy from weeding out my already full mailboxes! So I miss a sale, I miss a good deal so what? I don't even like the clothes at my size and I've got closets full of clothes waiting to be worn! I limit my purchases to one handbag, and 2 pairs of shoes per season - and that's already a lot!

Hello I'm a newbie so thought I'd say hello I'm on day one! Raspberry porridge this morning, very odd texture, peanut bar for lunch quite nice, bolognaise for tea.... I can't eat it even covered in salt and pepper! Yuk

How have you been getting on? X

Ooh welcome Emma. I think if you attack those meals without having gone through a bout of just shake and soups they can taste pretty rank. I found the bolo quite sweet and the noodles... Yuck!!
Give it a week on Exante and try it again... It's a wonder what your tastebuds will like then. But seriously I love the bars... I avoid the shakes. I feel cheated out when I have the soups... And most of the savory packs are not for me. Haven't tried the breakfast stuff except for the eggs but that was messed up! Heaped pepper on it too, then trashed it :eek:
I love that there's such a great variety that everyone can find their happiness, but I know very few who vary from their personal 2-3 favorites. When that's all you're eating for the day you tend to quickly identify what works for you and stick to just that

Good luck though, nothing like a vlcd to give you great results in little time! And everyone here is here to help and such sweethearts to boot!:D

Thank you for such a nice reply! Do you have 3 bars a day then? Is that allowed? I've just had a huge melt down on my diary/thread of how am I going to do this if I only like peanut bars lol x

I was told you can have anything- as long as it's 3 a day... I've been known to have 3 curries... For a week straight :rolleyes:

Lol oh I didn't know that!
I know it's different but I did Cambridge about 5 years ago and you were only allowed a certain number of bars a week as they had more calories in than the rest. That's some good news at least.

Hi
Tomorrow will be week 1 for me on exante. I really like most things on this diet. I don't tend to have the shakes much though as I feel I'm getting more by having a meal. So far I really like the pizza, Indian curry with rice, carbonara, spaghetti bolognese. Love the cookies and cream bar and the chocolate orange bar! I'm hoping I get a good week loss tomorrow. How are you getting on weight loss wise enlightenme2?

Hi.
I'm a new member too - just starting day 5. I just ordered shakes to start but just placed an order for bars, meals and more shakes and going to introduce them in week 2 (hopefully they'll taste much better then after a week of shakes!)

Hi
Tomorrow will be week 1 for me on exante. I really like most things on this diet. I don't tend to have the shakes much though as I feel I'm getting more by having a meal. So far I really like the pizza, Indian curry with rice, carbonara, spaghetti bolognese. Love the cookies and cream bar and the chocolate orange bar! I'm hoping I get a good week loss tomorrow. How are you getting on weight loss wise enlightenme2?

Hi linester, welcome just saw your message. How did your weigh-ins go you've had 3 so far no? How much do you have to lose?

Back