Newbie!!! Trying out Slimming World!

Vix_UK

Hi All,

Just stumbled across Minimins, looks like a fab community.

Any tips/advice on SW diet for beginners? I've just started this week and still getting my head around it.

Thanks, Vix

Hey! Best of Luck! Ive just started slimming world too! Ive been eating potatoes all day!!! Whats your target? Ive got about 6 stone to loose! Given myself a year to loose it all x how about you?

Hi Vix :love047: You are right, this is really a fun community. I enjoy reading posts from good people here and get some tips from them. At the same time, I can also share some of what I know. Good Luck!

Miss_want2bsize12 said:
Hey! Best of Luck! Ive just started slimming world too! Ive been eating potatoes all day!!! Whats your target? Ive got about 6 stone to loose! Given myself a year to loose it all x how about you?

I've got 10 stone to lose to get to my target weight. This is such a big target for me I've decided to go for 10% of my weight as my first aim.

I seem to be eating pasta and rice this week, I'm going to try potatoes next week to mix things up a bit :)

I've got my first week weigh in tonight, are you doing the exercise programme?

Vix

desperate2Bslim said:
Hi Vix :love047: You are right, this is really a fun community. I enjoy reading posts from good people here and get some tips from them. At the same time, I can also share some of what I know. Good Luck!

Hello!

What diet plan are you on?

Hi there welcome! I do slimming world and I love it, so much freedom and never feel hungry :)
Are you doing it from home or going to group? Either way there's plenty of advice and support here whenever you need it.

Have a read through these three threads;

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

and

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

and

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/192112-common-sw-misconceptions-put-right.html

They go through the plan quite well and will help explain a few of the bits that are easy to get mixed up on.
Best of luck with your weight loss and welcome to minimins!

Clareel said:
Hi there welcome! I do slimming world and I love it, so much freedom and never feel hungry :)
Are you doing it from home or going to group? Either way there's plenty of advice and support here whenever you need it.

Have a read through these three threads;

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/100149-slimming-world-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

and

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

and

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/192112-common-sw-misconceptions-put-right.html

They go through the plan quite well and will help explain a few of the bits that are easy to get mixed up on.
Best of luck with your weight loss and welcome to minimins!

Aww thanks for that Clare I'll just have a read of them now, I'm part of a group and i had my first weigh in today and lost five and a half pounds. I'm still I'm slight shock to be honest!! Was a really good bit I motivation on the long journey ahead to my target weight.

Have you been doing SW for long?

Susie25 said:
Hi Vix

I'm starting tomorrow, signed up online last week but have spent a week planning meals and emptying fridge and freezer of food. Its such a lot to take in and doesn't seem possible.
Good luck with your weigh in
Sue

Hi Sue,

That's so much more sensible, it took me two days to fully get my head around the extra easy plan. To be honest I'm still learning each day! One thing I did keep forgetting, was to take skin off all meat - oops!!!

Are you not joining a group? I still haven't gone on their website yet, is it good? One thing that helped me get through the week was my SW consultant calling me mid week to see how i was finding it.

This was really good timing because I'd gone off plan at lunch (due to a last minute change in work location/forward planning) and was confused about syn values. Basically was all a bit much info at once to take in so chatting through it really helped get me back on track.

I had my weigh in today and lost five and a half pounds, which I'm still amazed at! So if I can do it with all the mistakes/slip ups I'm sure you can!

Let me know how you get on, Vix

MsMia said:
I started a few weeks ago and although I've had some blips it's a great plan and minimins people are great people, so you're in the right place :) Good luck :)

Thanks MsMia,

I lost five and a half pounds and am now totally sold on the plan! A little amazed at wide choice of food and (booze!!) haha and chatting on here has really helped with the past couple of days! Just wished I knew about Minimins earlier!

Vix

Wow Vix that's an amazing loss, well done
I'm not joining a group I tend to do it all online. I've just paid £60 for 3 months membership and there is so much online I'm still learning new bits each day and joining this forum was probably the best thing I did. I keep jotting things down when I see them on here.
Starting in the morning and feeling really nervous?

Oh wow ! 5 and half pounds!!:) well done! My weigh in is next Monday ! My first weigh in infact! I hope I loose a bit too! X what kind of things have you been eating? I've been filling up on potatoes n pasta with a syn value sauce.. Something called tesco light choice only 2.5 syn per 100g :) so I hope everything goes to plan!!:)

Susie25 said:
Wow Vix that's an amazing loss, well done
I'm not joining a group I tend to do it all online. I've just paid £60 for 3 months membership and there is so much online I'm still learning new bits each day and joining this forum was probably the best thing I did. I keep jotting things down when I see them on here.
Starting in the morning and feeling really nervous?

Thanks Sue!

Don't bs nervous, just try to trust the plan and enjoy it. £60 pounds for three months is a huge saving!! I kinda understand why you're doing it online now!

Are you doing exercise with the plan?

Vix

Miss_want2bsize12 said:
Oh wow ! 5 and half pounds!!:) well done! My weigh in is next Monday ! My first weigh in infact! I hope I loose a bit too! X what kind of things have you been eating? I've been filling up on potatoes n pasta with a syn value sauce.. Something called tesco light choice only 2.5 syn per 100g :) so I hope everything goes to plan!!:)

Thanks!

You'll have to let ms know how you get on.

I've been eating fruit and mullerlight fat free yogurts for breakfast (I never used to eat breakfast) I save my milk choice for coffees through the day (I stuck to hot drinks, water and flavoured water this week) . Lots of fruit for my snack time. I have a fish salad (work provide a daily salad, with pickle) with a small brown roll for lunch. I eat all the time in the evenings so I'd fill up on free foods that I like to eat anyways, so I don't feel like I'm restricting myself. (typically things like low fat batchelor noodles, tinned fish with drained brine and light soy sauce)

For dinners this week I've stuck to pasta and uncle bens rice (lots of different types to keep it interesting, use a cupful to measure pasta portion and rice comes in sachets) I didn't use pasta sauce but used low calorie mushroom soup (also a syn) as a sauce with tuna and loads of veg to bulk it out. Rice dishes were egg fried rice (with fry light and lots of veg) rice salads. Pork chops with veg. I made myself buy lots of vegs I've hardly ever eaten which helps with the variety.

This week I'm going to try some new dishes from the slimming world magazine.

Hope my rambling helps lol!

Vix

Hi Vix
Yes I shall be doing exercise I have a cross trainer and a home weights gym my husband bought for my birthday this year but I had a bad flare up of my arthritis and haven't used it since march but I'm on a new drug now and it's under control again. Also I'm joining the gym in 2 weeks under an exercise referral scheme with my local council with a personal trainer for my arthritis. It's a 12 week programme and at the end I get a discounted membership

Sue

Hi. Sort of trying sw. Nó group near me. Tried online before, fell back into old ways and trying again now but no support :(

Congrats on your weight loss, well done! :) X

Susie25 said:
Hi Vix
Yes I shall be doing exercise I have a cross trainer and a home weights gym my husband bought for my birthday this year but I had a bad flare up of my arthritis and haven't used it since march but I'm on a new drug now and it's under control again. Also I'm joining the gym in 2 weeks under an exercise referral scheme with my local council with a personal trainer for my arthritis. It's a 12 week programme and at the end I get a discounted membership

Sue

Wow!

Your local council/husband are good! I'm just going to a local gym, I'm good with regular exercise but the only thing that's made a difference weight wise is changing my diet and gym together.

Looks like you're all prepared for the journey ahead!

Ceit said:
Hi. Sort of trying sw. Nó group near me. Tried online before, fell back into old ways and trying again now but no support :(

Hi Ceit,

To be honest, i'm part of a Slimming World group but there's just too many people in there to really benefit from it. That's why I went online to find a support base and found Minimins.

You said you're sort of doing SW, have you chosen which option you're doing? I'm doing the extra easy plan.

Vix

Back