Newbie Vegetarian with 5 stone to lose

Charlie85

Hi, i joined slimming world yesterday and could of cried when i saw 13st 2lbs looking back at me :cry:. I am only 5ft 1in that is seriously bad :eek:. I dont eat meat, fish, dairy and try to steer clear of gluten products...so im sticking to the green option!!!
I've always been a lazy eater and stuck to microwave meals and part of my reason for choosing sw was to encourage me to learn how to cook healthy....or cook full stop!! lol
I am going to be a bridesmaid next September and i refuse to be the 'fat one' so im looking for any tips to help me shift this weight asap because this 5st seems impossible to lose right now:cry:

Hi charlie58 you will lose it no time hun after having my daughter 5 years ago i ballooned to 16st 6lb i lost 2 stone on my own and 2 stone with slimming world i stopped going and going start back monday
Have you thought about quorn product's things like chick pea dhal which is free

hi charlie85 welcome to minimims u will find a lot of support on here have a look at some of the blogs and diaries of members that have lost the same amount as u want to,they are very inspiring good luck x

stock up on quorn for things lik home made spag ball, cottage pie, chilli, lasange etc...

i love noodles wit soy sauce veg and garlic aswel..

also pot noodle in a cup the tomatoe n curry ones are free on green.

and sw chips r yummy :)

Go with super speed food like mushy peas and baked beans and then variety of fruit. Good luck, I have 4 stone to lose too xxx

thanks so much for your quick replies and encouragement ladies and thank you amber26 and faith08 for the recipe ideas....are all quorn products free on green? x

not all are free lik the garlic chicken fillets have syns and stuff lik that ... bu the mince, chicken pieces are all free :)

Welcome Charlie :) I am also doing green veggie days.

The Quorn mince, pieces, fillets, swedish balls and wafer thin ham style slices are the ones I know are free (off the top of my head). The breaded ones will be synned. The burgers (the brown ones that are frozen) are half a syn each and only take 1.5 mins in the microwave. I had cheeseburgers last night and they were lush.

Heya hunni and welcome to the board!

I'm Britt :)
I've been on and off Slimming world for a while but this is the FINAL time!!

I'll get to goal and so will you!
My goal weight loss is 4 stone so i know how you feel. But i know we can do it!

I only do green days too out of choice as i don't like meat that much!

If you need anything, just shout! We're a friendly bunch here! xo

Thanks for the info ladies im writing my shopping list down right now and im kinda looking forward to making stuff...thank u aswell silly sausage for the quorn info! x

Hi britt :)
thanks for the welcome your all so lovely and im glad that ive found support with you ladies!
I wish you the best of luck with your 4st....im sure we will do it!
xx

Hi and welcome to SW and Minimins :)
You'll be shifting that weight in no time with SW. My hubby is 4lbs away from losing 5stone since January this year :)
What did your C say about not eating any dairy?? seeing as 2 Healthy Extra choices are dairy based.
I am veggie so do everyday GREEN. I eat a lot of Quorn based stuff, there is a long list of the Quorn syns here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/165322-weekly-meal-ideas-3.html#post2825625
I think a lot of the FREE pasta things eg Mugshots are going to have Gluten in them, so you may have to hunt for gluten free stuff.
But i am sure everyone here will give you loads of help

I'm a fellow veggie and looking to loose about another 5 stone. I've lost 3 since April following green so it is possible! Good luck x

Horrible feeling looking at those scales I know. Just think though the weight is only relative to your perception of it. I started at 14st 9lb and have "slimmed down" to 13st 2lb , I'm chuffed to bits with this :D ....I'm also only 5ft if I stand on tip toes. I've fallen off the wagon recently and have been this weight for about 5 weeks so how about we go for it together and keep each other in line?

Hey hun

I'm a lifelong veggie and I had about 5 stone to lose (not set a target yet). I've lost 15lbs in 6 weeks so far on SW :)

I'm not a quorn fan really. I eat the sausages and the mince occasionally. I did like tofu til they messed with the cauldron one!

good luck

x

Back