Newbie, warning: contains sarcasm!

You Can Do It

Hi my name's Nikki and I'm trying to lose weight for my 21st Birthday, my 30th Birthday, oh and my trip to New York in June 2004.......Yeah you read that right!!

I'm actually 37 in 3 days and all of the above "targets" are LONG gone :sigh:

No matter what I do I just can't motivate myself beyond a loss of a stone or 6 weeks, whichever comes first. The annoying part is I do have willpower (honest) as I gave up smoking/drinking by going cold turkey 8 years ago but when it comes to weightloss my brain just doesn't compute.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000 and, so far have been on Xenical, Rimonabant(Acomplia) and Metformin - all with no weightloss, despite my best efforts. I've also been to the big 3 weightloss clubs and a hospital dietics department yet here I am still morbidly obese, which is more than a little annoying as at 18 I weighed a mere 8stone 6lbs!

Hopefully I'll be able to use this site to get past the 6 week mark and make it to at least a 5 stone weightloss......I owe myself that much.:banghead:

Nikki

xx

Hi Nikki

I'm so like you except I've never managed to make it to 6 weeks.:cry: I've been on practically every diet going and given up before 4 weeks!!!:(

I'm now doing the DC diet and have now completed 11 weeks without cheating (although I was on holiday for 2 weeks and ate what I wanted, it's been paid for so you have to don't you??). I've surprised myself lasting this long but think its probably because I'm eating real food, just adding fruit and vegetables and yummy soup for lunch, not those horrid milk shakes! There's no need to weigh your food, count calories or points which I could never be bothered to do. And, maybe, the biggest incentive is that you're paying for the meals in advance!!!

Anyway, I've now lost 2 stone 2.5lbs which I'm really really pleased about.:D

I'm sure you can do it, especially with all the support you will get on this forum so just go for it and you'll see the lbs rolling off.

Sheila

Thanks Sheil, I was supposed to start calorie counting last week but I've had a shocker of a week (eating without thinking) so I've last a single pound......better off than on though!

I WILL do it.....and will last more than 6 weeks (fingers crossed)

I have moved this discussion into the Calorie Counting forum and I have left a re-direct for two weeks so that anyone looking for it can find it.

Hey everyone! I'm new to mini mins....when I say new I mean new this time round!!
Tried to do cd about a year ago and lasted an amazing 6 days!!
Also tried all your other usual high street diet going and not had much
sucess.

So anyway here I am-I'm 27 and going to lose 2 stone...do you like
the way I say going!! Yes determined is my middle name!! I started counting my calorie
intake a month ago and I have succesfully lost 1 stone!!!!! And also gone down a dress size!
Your prob wondering why I need to use this site if I'm doing so well-to be honest I've hit a bit of a
plateu and my weight has stayed the same the last week? I'm also feeling really blaoted and yucky!!

Nicky I'm also using the same App as you on my iPhone...it's great isn't it!?

Well i hope we can help each other I'm up for some support to keep me going and also give support to
any of you struggling.

Lowela x

I approve of sarcasm! Hello and welcome!

It's only 4 weeks, but I'm going to kick you up the bum anyway. We can't help you if you don't turn up more often :D

Hi,
How are you getting on? x

my fitness pal is BRILLIANT. I didn't think I'd even be able to stick to this for a day but it's only my second week and Ive already lost 6lbs, it helps so much to be able to moan to people on here! You can do it! xx

Back