Newbie with 4 stone to lose

Aaaaaaaaaaaagggghhh I'm majorly craving sweet stuff!!! I've had a coke zero but that hasn't satisfied me!!! I think TOTM is coming too, hence the cravings........ Going to be a tough week! :-(

Just reading your diary, you are doing so well. Your motivation for getting the weight off too will keep you at it. As for the cravings, so not worth giving in, just does not taste the same or give you the kick. Try some jelly or cream cheese with a little sweetener.

Still craving today, not sure if TOTM has anything to do with it but I'm so hungry today!!! I don't think I've had enough really as I haven't planned very well:

B: 2 slices of bacon and 1 fried egg with mushrooms
L: 60g cheese
D: chicken breast, lettuce, 1 tomato

Sat here soooo hungry!!! I must say that Atkins is costing more money. Don't get me wrong losing weight is priceless but we are also saving for a house and have a budget for everything. Our weekly food budget is £75 for the two of us. The BF is type 1 diabetic and works shift so he always has to have food with him as he seems to go low a lot. So it's a week to pay day and we've spent our monthly food budget- oopsy!! Luckily we have lots of chicken and salmon in the freezer so looks like that will be all this week!!

Got a girls night out next weekend, I usually always make my excuses and never go. I don't want to be the fat one, the one scared to enjoy herself in case someone takes the p&£s or says something nasty. But I need to go, need to spend time with my friends, need to gain some confidence, need to let go and enjoy myself. So a little bit of Internet shopping tonight then!! X

Hi ya Hun, I get like that when I'm due on - crave all the wrong things and un-suppressable hunger.....it's def not worth giving in to it. If its sweet stuff you want maybe you could make a LC dessert Teeney's (pumpkin pie is very popular). I'm not a sweet tooth person but if I crave sweet I'll have warm alpro or a few strawberries with cream. Hope you can feel better soon.

Atkins doesn't have to be pricey as you can use the cheaper cuts such as chicken thigh, wings and drumsticks and loose veg instead of pre-prepared. Again Teeney is the best one to talk to on that as she very savvy.

A night out sounds exactly what you need so enjoy xx

Agree with busy, doesn't have to be pricey.

As for insatiable hunger, I know this sounds nuts but when I'm really hungry I have a salad with baby spinach, usually 100g is enough, and salmon or chicken with it, whatever. (lettuce doesn't work, for me). But because you can't eat it quickly, and it's lots of little bits, always seems to fill me up and satisfy me. Also, I find spinach has more substance than lettuce.

I've taken to making a dressing with 2tbsp mayo, 1-2tbsp lemon juice, sesame oil and salt n pepper. Add cayenne pepper to add zap. Not many carbs but delicious!

With the going out, I'm the same, always making excuses not to go but when I'm out I enjoy it (and run, well, waddle from cameras). Life's too short, go out and have fun! x

Thanks for all the tips guys!! Feeling hungry still, TOTM hasn't come Despite all the signs!! I'm very irregular so nothing to worry about!! Just had a sneaky weigh and down another pound. 12lb down in total in 2 weeks. Really pleased but such a long way to go still!!! 16st 4 at the moment, desperately want to see those 15s again xx

Thanks for all the tips guys!! Feeling hungry still, TOTM hasn't come Despite all the signs!! I'm very irregular so nothing to worry about!! Just had a sneaky weigh and down another pound. 12lb down in total in 2 weeks. Really pleased but such a long way to go still!!! 16st 4 at the moment, desperately want to see those 15s again xx

As all of the above said, atkins doesn't have to be expensive. I find Tesco have good deals on green veg, often 2 cabbage for £1 or other deals like that on atkins friendly veg, they did have birds eye cod in lemon sauce for £1 but not seen it of late. Value cuts of meat are good too as we don't want lean. I'm not tight really ;-). Does your other half eat the same food? Low carb is very good for diabetes.

Enjoy your night out, Bacardi is low carb ;-) get some of that confidence back and have fun x

12lbs is an amazing loss in two weeks!!! You are doing so well. I have found it expensive also, but I have noticed I had to get everything from scratch, sweetener, coconut oil, a massive bottle of extra virgin olive oil, most of my spices where out of date, so they all got replaced. I won't need any of these stuff for a good while now. So I am hoping next's week shop will reflect that. Also after reading susie's diary I went and got belly pork, lots of lovely meat for £2.98!!! Will do at least 2 meals. X

I'm the same Meg, I had to start from scratch and get all the staples so now I have them I'm hoping it will be cheaper. Unfortunately my bf doesn't eat the same as me, he's very happy in himself and loves his carb!! So alongside my meat and veg were still having to buy his stuff too! Still cheaper than the Cambridge diet though!!!!

Really please with the 12lbs but I can't wait to see those 15's!! I've got a posh wedding to go to in exactly 1 months time and would love this belly to go down by then!!!

I've got myself a small bottle of Bacardi an some
Tonic water so that's me ready for next weekend. I know I'll probably be kicked out of ketosis but shouldn't be long to get me back in!! Xx

Still craving sweet stuff so gave into some sugar free jelly today!!! It's low in carbs but hoping it won't knock k me out of ketosis :-(

I had a craving for something sweet today also!!! mind I was stood in front of the chocolates!! I even picked up a bar to see the carbs!! but I come to my senses and got a coke zero, and that hit the spot. I think of all the things you could have picked to satisfy you a sugar free jelly is very saintly!! I thought some people had no prob eating them also?? so how would you know if you did not try x

Well I'm out of ketosis and I'm not sure why!! My sticks are very pale!! I have tracked everything and not gone over 20g of carb but I have introduced Sugar free jelly to curb my sweet cravings I appear to be having.or could it be the mozzarella I have been eating as I see on the ingredients it has citric acid in it????!! Well I'll cut these out over the next few days and see what happens. My TOTM is definitely coming so I'm dreading my weigh in on Friday- just know I'm going to have a gain! And I know it's just water and all that but it seems to zap the motivation in me :-(

B: egg and bacon

L: turkey with salad, advocado and cheese

Snacks: mozzarella and tomato with olive oil

D: ????? Maybe a frittata??!

Also got some meringues in the oven, egg whites and sweetener- hopefully to curb these sweet cravings x

I'm not a fan of the sticks tbh, I know some here on the forum really like them but I think they can be misleading - so don't worry hun - just see how you get on for WI :)

Susie is right, they can be a bit tempermental! If you have had loads of water or exercised it can read negative or only slight. On the other hand if you have had coconut oil you will get a purple result (despite possibly not really being in ketosis)

You are losing steadily so don't fret :)

Ah I was going to buy some sticks, but worry I would become obsessed or even worse chest if it showed dark pink !!!! That's how devious my food mind is! X

Back