Newbie with 4 stone to lose

BBQ was amazing... Had 2 x burgers with cheese wrapped in lettuce and a couple of chicken legs- really felt I wasn't going without!! Haven't had a great day today, skipped breakfast as was running late, which made me eat my lunch at 11:30!! Not many people in the office today and no clients to see as everyone is on holiday, so a day spent in front of the computer :-( a day spent dreaming of food and carb!!! So burgers again for tea, followed by some chocolate bark. I haven't had much luck with the coconut oil to date, I don't like how it tastes in savoury dishes but made the bark today and its fab.......... Will definitely help me with my sweet cravings!!

I'm just feeling bleugh...... The 1lb loss last week didn't help me with my motivation. I have at least 4 stone to lose so 1lb just seems a drop in the ocean! Anyway I've started the 30 day shred in the hope that it will help the losses a bit :) xx

Well done on the BBQ - it's perfect for us low carbers :) Now all we need is an indian summer so we can have lots more! :D

Re the pound - every pound is an achievement to be celebrated. As someone here said recently, get a pound of butter out of the fridge and realise that's no longer with you! Apply the old adage - look after the pennies and the pounds will take of themselves - meaning, it all adds up! :) xx

Thanks peeps!! I'm sure my stats are very very wrong!! They're my results from when I did Cambridge diet and started that diet less than what I am now!! I use the iphone now so haven't logged onto the main site to change them!! Going to go back to basics tomorrow. I don't feel I'm In ketosis. I've been sneaking a few bits of sugar free squash so wonder if that's knocked me out!!

A pound is a great loss - well done x

Had a sneaky look at the scales today to see what's going on.... I've put on a pound! Back up to 16st 4!! I know weight fluctuates but I shouldn't be putting on!! Ok I've sneaked a bit of sugar free squash but that shouldn't make me out on?? Could it be that I've started the 30 day shred?! I can't deal with putting on, my mind jut says what's the point of all this effort and money to gain weight!! So fed up!!

Had a sneaky look at the scales today to see what's going on.... I've put on a pound! Back up to 16st 4!! I know weight fluctuates but I shouldn't be putting on!! Ok I've sneaked a bit of sugar free squash but that shouldn't make me out on?? Could it be that I've started the 30 day shred?! I can't deal with putting on, my mind jut says what's the point of all this effort and money to gain weight!! So fed up!!

Yes it is. After you've exercised your muscles hold on to water. Don't weigh on the shred - take before, during and after photos and measure yourself!

Awww don't be fed up - weight fluctuates throughout the week anyway because of water, hormones and all sorts of things.

They say you shouldn't weigh more than once a week because of that - I know how hard it can be not to sneak a peek though and I have been guilty of weighing daily in the past and it nearly made me give up.

i still weigh myself more than I should but I've learned not to take too much notice of what the scales say and go by how my clothes feel.

if you stick at it, the overall trend on the scales will be downwards.

Good luck xx

Yes, do exactly like Jonsgirl says - don't weigh yourself during the week - because when it does go up (and it happens to everyone) that's when you get despondent. If you do weigh regularly just be prepared for the scales to jump around a bit :)

Thanks for all the comments, the annoying thing is I know...... I know not to weigh every day, I know that muscle weighs more than fat ( I'm a Physio for goodness sake!!, I know not to cheat but I still make these mistakes, I still cheat with a bit of orange squash!! I'm just annoyed with myself. Ivemgot a lot of weight to lose and cheating and getting down wont help. I know I need to keep going and the weight will come off ... I need to persevere and remember that this isn't a quick fix. This is a lifestyle change!!

Been good so far today- lamb steak for breakfast!!! Leftover from BBQ!! Mushroom omelette for lunch and Thai green curry for dinner. The bf is taking me to the cinema tonight to try and cheer me up so looking forward to that!!

Not sure when I can fit in the shred today... Still at work and then the cinema -will try and squeeze it In before bed!!

Lovely evening at the cinema, came home and did my shred!! Could've climbed into bed but I did it!! I'm now really really hungry and wide awake!! Exercising late at night doesn't work with me!!! But a 100% day so go me!! :) x

Blimey Meg, you rock! To come home and do your shred is true dedication, girl :)

Next time have some ham roll ups or pepperoni sticks ready to much on after x

Week 4 weigh in and a 2lb gain!! I'm really low and fed up!! One month in and I've lost 10lbs. 10lbs is great I know but last week I lost 1 only and this week gained 2. It's got to be the shred DVD as I haven't changed any of my eating habits...... Apart from a little squash!! I know it's what I feel and look like so inches etc count but I need the scales to move... I need to reduce my BMI!! Need to rethink this...... One more week and see what happens :-( x

Hugs, I know how you feel as I've sneakily weighed myself today and I'm the same weight, that means that in 2 and half weeks I've only lost a pound! I am trying to do the lean and green thing that everyone's talking about (going back to basics, getting my carbs from veg, etc and no sugar free stuff). Only only second day but I'm told you get fab results. Maybe that could help you?

Last edited:
Week 4 weigh in and a 2lb gain!! I'm really low and fed up!! One month in and I've lost 10lbs. 10lbs is great I know but last week I lost 1 only and this week gained 2. It's got to be the shred DVD as I haven't changed any of my eating habits...... Apart from a little squash!! I know it's what I feel and look like so inches etc count but I need the scales to move... I need to reduce my BMI!! Need to rethink this...... One more week and see what happens :-( x

Kimmi

http://exercise.about.com/b/2012/01...he-week-you-might-gain-weight-temporarily.htm

Hi guys,

what you are describing seems very common. You have a good loss on week one and sometimes week two but then for a few weeks after that you either sts or even gain a little back. A lot of people on here myself included would tell of a similar experience. It's at this point that a lot of people give up thinking that it doesn't work but it does work. It's easy to get disheartened but if you keep at it you should come through this and find the scales starting to move downwards soon.

it was explained to me that its the body reorganising itself to get used to the new way of eating and it's temporary. You've lost all the water and now the body is changing over to fat burning mode.

also check your diets for any little naughtiest that have crept in or things which me stall you. Sf squash stalls me big time and I can't touch it. for some people it's too much cheese or cream or whatever

ps Kimmi I know exactly how you feel. I need to get my BMI down too and I have a deadline. I know it's awful when your doing everything right and the scales are going the wrong way but I have faith that if I give it 100% it will work.

good luck ladies xx

Also Kellmo is completely right about the excersise too. Seems everything good we do is determined to put us off xx

Back