Newbie with 4 stone to lose

Sorry to hear bad totm, have you tried evening primrose oil? Suzie suggested it and I've not looked back, I get bad cramps and since I started talking it I've had mild ones. (i'm on implant too).

Good luck doe full time, sounds like it is deserving co considering your work load. Also great news re +30k I'd granted!

Re body image, I'm sure you're not as big as those people, best way to tell I feel is just to take pics, pics and more pics. I know I hate having them taken but they give you a true perspective, mirrors can be deceiving. Then you can see yourself how you really are! Don't compare yourself to others hun, your body is unique!

Sorry to hear bad totm, have you tried evening primrose oil? Suzie suggested it and I've not looked back, I get bad cramps and since I started talking it I've had mild ones. (i'm on implant too). Good luck doe full time, sounds like it is deserving co considering your work load. Also great news re +30k I'd granted! Re body image, I'm sure you're not as big as those people, best way to tell I feel is just to take pics, pics and more pics. I know I hate having them taken but they give you a true perspective, mirrors can be deceiving. Then you can see yourself how you really are! Don't compare yourself to others hun, your body is unique!

Thanks for the tip on evening primrose oil, have never tried it so will pick some up on my way home from work!

One of the ladies is about 10lbs heavier than me and she looks big, I guess we all carry out weight differently!! Luckily I haven't just got one area where all the fat is..... It's everywhere!!! Pool lucky me!!! Weirdly enough one of the first places I lose weight is my wrists!!! I always notice by my watch strap- strange!!!

I must admit I haven't taken any pics, I really can't bear to face the truth, as long as the scales are moving downwards then I know something's happening!!

Having a really hungry day today- wonder if it's because of TOTM.
B- boiled egg
L- cheese salad
S- cooked chicken
D- bobotie with broccoli

Has anyoe tried bobotie?? It's a South African dish if basically curried mince with and egg tipping, it's lovely!!!! Xx

Hi there, ah bobootie pie, my late Mom used to make it, it was her party dish and everyone used to love it!

Just watching when gastric bands go wrong!!! I'm so happy I didn't go down this route, so many times I felt this was my only option. My Atkins weight loss is slower than I expected so far but it's all going down in the right direction and I feel that I'm not going without and still living life. I'm 19lbs down and sitting at 15st 11lbs which is still 4 stone over weight for me so just need to keep tapping away at it!! I've got lots of reasons to get this weight off and I think I may have stumbled across another one today.................. There's a history of diamonds on the bf's internet search!!!!!!!! I may be barking up the wrong tree!! Clean and green, clean and green this week!!!xxx

Obviously!!! And practice your shocked and thrilled face!!! ;-)

Well done on sticking with Atkins too. It's not always as easy as the books make out ! ;-)

Well since my last positive post I have been hit for six with a raging sore throat and earache. I spent all day yesterday and today in bed, feeling rotten. I haven't been eating but have been having soup, not strictly Atkins but still under 20g of carb! Hoping to go back to work tomorrow, I don't like taking time off sick. My wisdom tooth is pushing through too so not sure if it's all connected.... Anyhow I feel awful!!

My friend started a calorie controlled diet the same day as I started Atkins. We were roughly the same weight and she has lost a stone. My other friend has joined slimming world too and is having great losses. I feel more motivation now, a bit of healthy competition! I don't want to be the fat one left behind in everyone else's weight loss glory!!
So back to work tomorrow and back on the clean and green wagon..... I may give the induction chapter another good read too!

Anyway, going to make the most of this bedtime to do some christmas internet shopping! Xx

I wish the bf would do it with me!! As I'm losing he is gaining!! He's eating the hight fat goods that are for me and mixing it with carb- it's not good!! We're going to start back at the gym next week so hopefully that'll help us both!! X

Hope your feeling better. Have fun internet shopping :) Same here with hubby, and he's the heaviest ever oh dear!

Last edited:
I wish the bf would do it with me!! As I'm losing he is gaining!! He's eating the hight fat goods that are for me and mixing it with carb- it's not good!! We're going to start back at the gym next week so hopefully that'll help us both!! X

Does he like sweet potatoes? Let him eat what you eat but only let him eat those, lush as chips and baked. Sneakily get him eating lower carb x

Does he like sweet potatoes? Let him eat what you eat but only let him eat those, lush as chips and baked. Sneakily get him eating lower carb x

No he doesn't like them. I do try and sneak him onto low carbs but because he's type 1 diabetic and works shifts so often goes low and then reaches for the bad carbs to give him that boost. He's quite sensitive about it all and has had it since 8 years old so I don't really think I can preach just yet!! Maybe when I've lost a significant amount of weight I will though!!

We'll I'm still feeling rotten but got myself into work. The sore throat and earache is defiantly due to a wisdom tooth pushing through so might have to bear with it for a few weeks while it continues to push through :-( haven't had much appetite this weekend and haven't been particularly atkins friendly. But back on it today x

Oh poor love, sounds like you have one rotten cold :( Hope you're feeling better now though.

Interesting about the b/f - as a diabetic, l/c should suit him down to the ground - but I know these things can be complex, so well done on being a fab role model for him! :) xx

Oh poor love, sounds like you have one rotten cold :( Hope you're feeling better now though. Interesting about the b/f - as a diabetic, l/c should suit him down to the ground - but I know these things can be complex, so well done on being a fab role model for him! :) xx

It should suit him and I think it would if he didn't work shifts. He is one of those people who doesn't eat unless he's hungry so before he knows it his sugars go low and then he needs sugar!! He actually eats better than me but let's himself go low too often that most of his calories are from lucozade. He's very touchy about the whole thing, I'm not ready for that battle!!

I feel guilty. I watched the biggest loser last night and watched how these men who are over 400lbs in weight are working nonstop in the gym for over 4 hours a day!!! I feel guilty for going to work and sitting on my bum. So it's time to step up this exercise malarkey and burn this fat!! I have found a gym in Bristol which is £20 a month so nice and cheap but has all I need. I'm not going to go for 4 hours a day but break myself in slowly!! I actually love the gym but in the past I have pushed myself too hard and then got bored. So am going to start with 1 gym session and 1 aqua aerobics per week and see what that does to the scales. Signing up tomorrow and hitting It on the weekend!! Woohoo! X

I sit on my bum all day too, then do it when I go home - but am starting up my inhouse walking DVD once I move! :)

Good luck with the gym classes, sounds like a very sensible approach.

Back