Newbie with health problems :-(

ILovePopcorn!

I everyone!! Well I've been yoyo dieting for years and am now at my heaviest of 18 stone 4 after having 3 children it's rapidly crept on.
I'm now adamant I must lose the weight,my main incentive is the fact I have been suffering from heart palpitations,and on Friday night I had to be rushed into hospital with a superventricular tachycardia where my heart was racing at 160bpm,very very scary when it happens and just believe your going to die,so I MUST get healthy to try and help myself.
Anyway that's my story,that's my weight and I'm not following a "diet" I'm just eating healthily and being careful! ?

I everyone!! Well I've been yoyo dieting for years and am now at my heaviest of 18 stone 4 after having 3 children it's rapidly crept on.
I'm now adamant I must lose the weight,my main incentive is the fact I have been suffering from heart palpitations,and on Friday night I had to be rushed into hospital with a superventricular tachycardia where my heart was racing at 160bpm,very very scary when it happens and just believe your going to die,so I MUST get healthy to try and help myself.
Anyway that's my story,that's my weight and I'm not following a "diet" I'm just eating healthily and being careful! ?

Hi chick, I was up to 19st 11 and was lucky enough to not have any health problems but didn't see them being far off the way I was going. I'm now under 18st and although have a long way to go can already feel the difference. How old are your kids, I have 2 boys, my eldest has just turned 3 and my youngest is 11 months (1 at the beginning of April).
The heart palpitations must have been scary and I imagine have given you the needed kick up the bum.
Good luck on your weight loss and welcome to the site.

I am bigger than you but in the past I lost over 5 stone (I was lighter so I was at ideal weight by then) on purely eating less healthy meals and exercise. I think when you have a big amount to lose a lifetime change is a good idea. I can not speak for others but meal replacements are no good for me because as soon as I come off them the weight comes back on. So I think it sounds like you have a good idea. I am fairly new here and for the first time since I have been big I have high BP. It can be scary to be overweight and have health problems but you have already taken the huge step of doing something about it and thats half the battle over :)

Back