Newbie!!

Nikki<3

Gold Member
Hi everyone!!

So, I've been doing slimming world for 18months and lost 2st 13.5lb! The last 6 months I've not followed plan and I put on 8lb (last week I did calorie counting and lost 5lb woo hoo!!) then had a dodgy weekend and put on 3lb.

Back to calorie counting today and though maybe some support would help :) thanks for reading!!

Nikki
X

bunnylovesalan said:
Good luck, the best thing is not to dwell on bad patches but to get back on the wagon, move on and learn from the lesson :)

Thanks :) the only thing I've found is making some like lasagne, even with extra lean mince and using only 3 lasagne sheets, low fat sauce and a couple of spoons of white sauce. I'm straight up to 700 calories!! Need to plan before I buy my shipping x

EDIT: the above was enough for 2 meals!! I got to half way and was soooo stuffed!!

Last edited:
Nikki<3 said:
Thanks :) the only thing I've found is making some like lasagne, even with extra lean mince and using only 3 lasagne sheets, low fat sauce and a couple of spoons of white sauce. I'm straight up to 700 calories!! Need to plan before I buy my shipping x

EDIT: the above was enough for 2 meals!! I got to half way and was soooo stuffed!!

Heya of u make ur own red sauce using tinned toms and herbs u save loads of cals I also add loads of extra veggies, and for the white sauce I either use a packet cheese sauce or use ricotta xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
Heya of u make ur own red sauce using tinned toms and herbs u save loads of cals I also add loads of extra veggies, and for the white sauce I either use a packet cheese sauce or use ricotta xxx

I use a low cal Tom based sauce at 55 cals a serving but I'm just in love with white sauce and cheese! I'll have to try the ricotta or cheese sauce one, never thought of that to be honest, thanks for the tip :) x

Hi,

I am a newbie too! I did SW as well but just got quite fed up with all the colours and syns so going to give CC another go :) Enjoying it so far?

BrightonBetty said:
Hi,

I am a newbie too! I did SW as well but just got quite fed up with all the colours and syns so going to give CC another go :) Enjoying it so far?

Its so much easier, i know people say your not restricted on SW but sometimes if i want more than my 15 syns a day im going to have them and CC is so much easier now that everywhere is trying to put cals on stuff (i took my sis to macdonalds and they even list it on the food boards above the tills now!!) tomorrow is official WI day but a sneaky peak this morning looks good so far!

How are you finding it compared to SW?

MFP says i should have 1200 cals a day but with rushing around at work i usually have about 1000-1100.

Good luck!

Xx

I definately perfer cc to sw as it less restricted and more flexiable - it is ideal for people who have not got loads of time to prepare. SW is fine if your organised and got the time aside to make up meals etc but being a mummy to a 7wk old can be quite tricky and you need energy to prepare food etc and at times I really just can not be arsed, lol!

That's brilliant news, you sound really enthusiastic, I shall try and be the same! :)

I agree with you, when I first started Slimming World I did think it was brilliant, you can eat loads. But then there's the Syns bit, like you said. It is just much easier to count the calories. especially as the government is asking everyone to put calorie information out there for people. Also, I don't know if you have heard of zig-zagging but they say it actually quite good to vary your calorie intake every 3-4 days (like having 1200 on Mon, Tue and Wed and then maybe 1500 on Thur and Friday and then 1200 again on Saturday and Sunday) so your body never gets used to the same intake and won't hold back the loss :)
It is good as well to have the barcode reader plus most things are on MyFitnessPal and the other iPhone app I downloaded a few days ago and can't remember the name of :p
Let me know how they weigh in went! My first weigh in will be next Tuesday xx

Oooo that zig zagging sounds interesting. May have to try that! Well my stats on here i didnt change last week and on my first CC day i was 10st exactly.... Yesterday i was 9st 9! Yay 5lb!! So after a busy dat and only eating 200 cals up to 5pm i decided to have a treat night... A couple of vodkas and a small portion of chinese

Xxx

I went from doing SW to CC, I'm only 4 days in but I'm finding it soooo much easier. I like the fact that I can have toast or a bagal for breakfast coz I can tell you summat if I don't have to eat another egg for a very very long time I will be happy.

I definatly feel more in control and so far havn't craved anything.

Good luck Nikki!!!

Malibu xx

MalibuStacey said:
I went from doing SW to CC, I'm only 4 days in but I'm finding it soooo much easier. I like the fact that I can have toast or a bagal for breakfast coz I can tell you summat if I don't have to eat another egg for a very very long time I will be happy.

I definatly feel more in control and so far havn't craved anything.

Good luck Nikki!!!

Malibu xx

Good luck to you too Malibu :)

Its so much better isnt it, nothing is no go (I mean who wants to syn a bagel, im with you on that one!)

Not sure what to cook tonight though. Any low cal ideas?

Xxx

I am trying to eat stop eat combined with calorie counting, today is my first 24 hours of fasting so no dinner for me! Eating again from tomorrow 11 am.
How about make a stew with quorn mince? My favourite, yumm yumm!

I'm making turkey mash and veg with a bit of gravy I think. MFP says its 357cal but I would be inclined to rate it at about 450 so i can as more veg.

Malibu xx

How do you do turkey mash? Is it mash with turkey or do you mash the turkey in with the potatoes? :cool:

B x

Betty I'm not sure I would agree with you fasting, I think although u may see results fast I think you will damage you matabalism in the long run and the moment you start eating every day the weight will most likely pile back on. Not to mention how **** your going to feel, It may effect you relationships and work because you may be prone to mood swings and tiredness etc. Sorry to harp on but I think there are far more effective ways to loose weight than starvation :(

Malibu xx

Thank you for your reply Malibu. I know what you're saying and I appreciate it :) I have done lots of research on it so I am careful and I know what I am doing. Should I feel bad about anything I will, of course, stop. We shall see :)

B x

Back